New TOOL

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,628
    joecoulson wrote: »

That is because you aren't ghey Jim
    *fixed

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited August 2019
    $36.97 with shipping from Bull Moose. Amazon usually is terrible at getting preorders delivered until a few days after release date, plus thier packaging usually consists of a padded envelope only or a box without enough packaging that it bounces around and gets damaged. Why risk getting your 4 inch screen or speaker on your new Tool CD damaged?

Bull Moose is always cheaper, packs better and there have been times that I have actually recieved my preorders on the release date. No affiliation just a happy customer. I'm going to wait until it arrives, no sneak preview for me the day it arrives it will be absorbed all at once in my listening chair drink in hand lights off with a tube glow, really looking forward to this one. B)

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    Bullmoose is sold out :(

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    And most likely Amazon's final price (when shipped) will come down to meet the discounters like Bull Moose (it says on my order that it will likely reduce in price)

That's cool.
    bm6vyzbf4r49.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    I can’t believe there is a thread about TOOL on the Polk forum and it’s on page 7
  • Nightfall
    I want to see a thread about Cannibal Corpse with 7 posts. ;)

• Nightfall
    Sold out at $14k for a CD? An error or money laundering? :D

• Nightfall
    edited August 2019
    After listening to the new song on the Dyn's I couldn't be more excited for the 30th. The imaging on Tool songs is always so good, sounds dancing all over the room. Fantastic.

I can't believe the song is 10 minutes long, it's over before you know it.

• Nightfall wrote: »
    There's already a boatload of scalpers trying to sell this for $80-120 claiming it's SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE in the product description. Scummy to the max, still available on Amazon.

Edit: On eBay I mean.

This is good old American capitalism. I still have a basement full of furbies, just waiting for them to come back into vogue.

I will be rich I tell ya.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,161
    edited August 2019
    I was not previously familiar with TOOL's music but my interest was definitely piqued after reading this whole thread so I clicked on the link to one of the new songs (the title track I believe) and loved it. So much so that I pre-ordered the new CD.

I am now curious what people consider to be the best of TOOL's older CDs so I can pick up a few others prior to the release date of the new CD.

I see that Lateralus gets a lot of love online. Would that be a good one for me to pick up? Any other "essential" TOOL CDs I should get?

Thanks for this thread and for introducing me to a great group that, for some reason, had escaped my notice.
  • Nightfall
    Lateralus and 10,000 Days.

And Aenima

And Undertow.

Okay just all of them.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Nightfall wrote: »
    There's already a boatload of scalpers trying to sell this for $80-120 claiming it's SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE in the product description. Scummy to the max, still available on Amazon.

This is good old American capitalism. I still have a basement full of furbies, just waiting for them to come back into vogue.

you need to get them on eBay I've seen them sell for hundreds of dollars.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,123
    pglbook wrote: »
    I was not previously familiar with TOOL's music but my interest was definitely piqued after reading this whole thread so I clicked on the link to one of the new songs (the title track I believe) and loved it. So much so that I pre-ordered the new CD.

I am now curious what people consider to be the best of TOOL's older CDs so I can pick up a few others prior to the release date of the new CD.

I see that Lateralus gets a lot of love online. Would that be a good one for me to pick up? Any other "essential" TOOL CDs I should get?

Thanks for this thread and for introducing me to a great group that, for some reason, had escaped my notice.
    The CDs are still fairly cheap. I ended up re-buying all of them after loosing the original ones over the years. I just would add one to an Amazon order until I had all 4 again. $10(ish) each, and it really feels like nothing when you're adding it to stuff you're already buying.

You can start with the hits to get a feel for them. I see Lateralus and Aenima come up as people's favorite's most often. I prefer Leteralus, but honestly if you like one, you'll probably enjoy all of them.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I want to see a thread about Cannibal Corpse with 7 posts. ;)

Probably not that many Cannibal Corpse fans around. :)

8yxdutsn9mgr.png

igt0n3fa7swq.png

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    Undertow is fantastic!!!! Maybe it’s my system or my copy but compressed it isn’t. IMO!!!

Opiate is there first LP/EP but I love it for its rawness...

Maybe I’m biased with it being TOOL but watching the evolution of the band reminds me of Pink Floyd. I just wish they could have had more material through the years...
  • Nightfall
    I've definitely always thought of Tool like a modern day Pink Floyd with a touch of metal.

• pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,161
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the tips about TOOL albums. I just ordered Lateralus from Amazon...and also have the new release pre-ordered. I will start with those two and will pick up the rest of their albums soon after that (I didn't realize they only have a handful of albums).

The more I listen to their songs (online since no CDs yet), the more I love their music. How did I miss this band?

Do they tour more consistently than they release albums? I would love to see them live some day...I am sure it would be an amazing experience to see a live show.
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    They tour quite a bit actually. They even seem to hit more out of the way locations than most bands of their stature. You shouldn't have any problem seeing them in the near future. If you go, and you should, I'd advise getting in the pit if possible. My best experiences at Tool shows have been when I'm relatively close and jostling with those around me. Helps feel more connected to everything going on.

And I'll throw in a suggestion for Aenima as your next. I had a problem with it early on because several of the songs were played on our local radio over and over and over...but damn, there's a reason for it. And some of the songs that weren't radio friendly are even better. Just gonna leave it at: Third Eye
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,123
    pglbook wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips about TOOL albums. I just ordered Lateralus from Amazon...and also have the new release pre-ordered. I will start with those two and will pick up the rest of their albums soon after that (I didn't realize they only have a handful of albums).

The more I listen to their songs (online since no CDs yet), the more I love their music. How did I miss this band?

Do they tour more consistently than they release albums? I would love to see them live some day...I am sure it would be an amazing experience to see a live show.
    Yeah, they tour pretty often and they've been doing festivals more the past couple years in the US. I'm somewhat expecting a major tour announcement by the end of 2019, but maybe they hold off until Feb to announce.

They have always toured pretty regularly, but they took a long break from albums with various side projects and a long legal battle with their label.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I'm not sure any other band (besides ones that are not around/together anymore) would gain what looks to be 8 pages + from a new release...that should tell you how much they are loved. I agree with Skip (hey see skip, we can agree!) that they are like a modern Pink Floyd - so much depth and artistry to their music, best modern day band IMO.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited August 2019
    I haven't been on their fan forum in ages: https://toolband.com/forum/

One of our former members here had his "rank" there as his username: @Demiurge

@Toolfan66 or @Nightfall - you guys ever hang out over there?

I remember when I joined the became a member of the tool army; it took about 6 months for them to send me the gear I ordered/welcome packet. The toolband fan club/tool army had a very poor rating by the better business bureau back in tha day.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb

Ditto on Beanie Babies! Ugh. :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Nightfall
    edited August 2019
    Amazon dropped the price to $37 and it's sold out. At least the scalpers are no longer lying, looks like it's sold out most places. Walmart, Amoeba, Bullmoose, Amazon, etc.

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Mine dropped to $37.67
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Sweet!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • verb
    Mine dropped to $37.67

Just checked. Mine too! :smile:
  • Nightfall
    Now we just have to hope that Amazon doesn't over promise and under deliver. They have a habit of going "Oops, we sold too many preorders, some people will unfortunately not be getting a copy"