New TOOL

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Has anybody heard if there is going to be a normal CD released without all that? I honestly do not want all that in the deluxe edition. I mean yes it is nice and all but I'm going to kick back and listen to the music not be entranced in watching the 4" HD screen.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I doubt it, I think this is it. You could always buy it digitally and burn your own copy spread across two CD's, or remove the tracks they removed for a single disc.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    I agree, I think this might be the only CD release, but steaming and download should be coming too.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    One more week and counting, can’t wait...
  • Nightfall

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Nightfall wrote: »

TFS...
    I took a quick glance at what the article entailed, but quickly stopped.
    I will wait till I listen to read the rest of article.

I did take advantage this last week while I was in Dallas last week with my Dyn C1's to listen to the title track...must say...it was pretty awesome sounding
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    NEW ALBUM HAS BEEN LEAKED 5 DAYS AHEAD OF THE OFFICIAL RELEASE

https://youtu.be/WIwR3dN6Id0
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Nightfall
    I've been fighting the good fight avoiding temptation. Four more days, screw the leak.

• Nightfall
    Here's a little kid unboxing the CD if you want to see that though. Warning, the way he handles it will make you want to scream at him through your screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tmmkrfj3xov5wq/TOOL Fear Inoculum Unboxing Deluxe CD Opening.mp4?dl=0

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited August 2019
    I bought some new tools* at Harbor Freight last week.
    I had coupons and everything.
    I didn't think to record any unpackaging videos, though.

:|

______
    * well... they're like tools. In a dim light, they're practically indistinguishable from actual tools. ;)

• displayname
    I'm going to hold off on leaks and unboxing. Hopefully I'll get a shipping notice today or tomorrow.
    Discogs
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    You and me both. I can wait
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited August 2019
    mmm... leaky tools...

:*
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

I.. umm... wha?...

I am reminded of a record review I read in the 1980s (probably by Steve Simels). I don't remember the record, or even the genre (rock/pop of some sort). I do, indelibly, remember that the review began with the statement:
    I must not take the right kind of drugs.

Apropos of nothing: our son went through a Tool phase in college (or maybe early in grad school). I remember listening to a bit, with his encouragement -- it sounded good on the big-boy hifi, but reminded me of some sort of ill-advised breeding experiment between Pink Floyd and metal. But, of course, de gustibus non est disputandum. Not my cuppa chai, but I can understand the attraction. That video, though... mmm.

Y'all enjoy your new Tool, leaked or otherwise!

• halo
    I did not check the leaked version. I was just surprised that it happened.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • displayname
    halo wrote: »
    I did not check the leaked version. I was just surprised that it happened.
    It’s not shocking really. Unfortunate fact of today’s culture. This is why several releases today go to digital first, physical later. Digital/streaming it can stay within a small group right up until it’s public. But stores and shipping centers around the country are getting physical copies now, and they could rip that album and get it on YouTube before they even bother to listen to it.

Discogs
  • Nightfall
    edited August 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I've been fighting the good fight avoiding temptation. Four more days, screw the leak.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

One day at a time.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Have a Drink on me YEA have a drink on meeeeee :p
  • Nightfall
    WHISKEY ICE AND WATER!!!
    I'M DOWNLOADING THE LEAK!

No... don't listen to @pitdogg2

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Yeah I’ll wait. Sign of getting older I guess. Patience! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,582
    Listened to the new CD today on the JBL stock system in my Tundra.
    Whole cd is amazing!
    My wife is sick so I need to wait a day or two til I listen to it on SDA’s or LSim 705 system.
    You all will not be disappointed.
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • displayname
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Whole cd is amazing!
    My wife is sick so I need to wait a day or two til I listen to it on SDA’s or LSim 705 system.
    Peace. D
    Did a preorder come early, or did you jump on the leak?
    Discogs
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Whole cd is amazing!
    Peace. D

Some distributors are shipping based on est delivery dates: ie Amazon shipped mine and I will receive tomorrow
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Whole cd is amazing!
    Peace. D

Some distributors are shipping based on est delivery dates: ie Amazon shipped mine and I will receive tomorrow

Wow! Amazon says mine will be delivered this Friday! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • halo
    verb wrote: »

Wow! Amazon says mine will be delivered this Friday! :)

Same :)
  • displayname
    I ordered from Bullmoose, hoping to get a shipping notice soon!
    Discogs
  • Nightfall
    Weak... mine hasn't shipped. Music Direct doesn't seem to have them on their site anymore, I was hoping that would be my backup if Amazon cancels my order because they sold too many or didn't receive as many copies as they thought they were or whatever.

Crap

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,582
    Friend at work ordered both vinyl and cd. Sold me his cd to me that came at work yesterday. He wants to wait for his vinyl to experience it better. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Nightfall
    Ordered vinyl where?!

• displayname
    Yeah, I was under the impression vinyl orders hadn’t started yet. And I’ve been tracking it pretty closely.
    Discogs