What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    1000 songs? That’s a lot.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    BlueFox wrote: »

I have nearly 40 thousand tracks available now and I look to add another 15 thousand by the end of the year. I use my PC to do the rips, but Jriver handles the actual work. Played back through my PS Audio PerfectWave DAC, they sound at least as good as the CD's did, if not better.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    LOL. I only listen to either rips or downloads, but that is so much I would never hear 99% of those.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    15 thousand is a crap load!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • nooshinjohn
    If I put in on shuffle play and let it go, It would take 87 days to play every song...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Thorton
    How many GB/TB for 40,000 tracks?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
  • nooshinjohn
    Almost a full TB,

• Thorton
    I figured about that. That's a lot of music. I've got quite a way to go to catch up.
  • BlueFox
    Last week I added a new CD to my Metal playlist, and I still haven’t heard it yet on random shuffle.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    BlueFox wrote: »

I have nearly 40 thousand tracks available now and I look to add another 15 thousand by the end of the year. I use my PC to do the rips, but Jriver handles the actual work. Played back through my PS Audio PerfectWave DAC, they sound at least as good as the CD's did, if not better.

Damn! Tidal and Spotify aint got nuttin on you!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    My apologies for being a bit off on my numbers. I currently have 2228 albums on my hard drive, with 798 different artists, and 32141 separate tracks at my fingertips. Once I get my SugarCube MkII and get my 447 LP's archived, that will add around 5600 more tracks.

I average adding ten to 12 new cd's a week from goodwill or other sources.

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Put the Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects into my system. By far the most money, I have spent on ICs. My first impressions were these are more laid back than the Morrow cables they replaced. I like the detail and smoothness these have added. I am learning that all wires do not sound the same.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I have the Eclipse silver 6 interconnects and I agree they just seem to make everything cleaner. Not overly bright or pronounced throughout the frequency ranges. detail (imaging) just becomes more "live" I guess best I can describe.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I am learning that all wires do not sound the same.

No matter how many times this fact gets posted over the years there are some who just cannot accept it. Welcome to the real world. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Just switched over to triode mode as an experiment. Moved the volume knob up to 12'o clock, but it's still driving these very well.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited April 2019
    welcome to the family willie B)
    did you ever compare it to the Box?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    New amp in the system today, MastersounD Dueventi! I was hesitant moving to 20 watts, afraid I was loose impact. It didn't even take a full song to remove that fear. This little guy uses less of a knob turn to hit with much more impact than my 120 watt SS. And the extra clarity and detail is highly impressive. It's showing me what my 90db efficient JBLs are really capable of.
    Excited to get more familiar with it.
    144e4syl7gq2.jpg

OMG dude that is gorgeous! Wow! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • displayname
    marvda1 wrote: »
    welcome to the family willie B)
    did you ever compare it to the Box?
    Nope, just went all in. Skip said that he feels it's a better sounding amp than the box unless you need the power. He's not steered me wrong before and the price was right. :)
    Discogs
  • verb
    I look at that piece and just drool! And, I'm reminded of my journey - long ways to go! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    Agree with Skip on that .... you want these on your SDA’s.
    y2tuvagzxvz0.jpeg

• verb
    Hehe! For the record, I was not planning something so exquisite like the Duventi for the SDA's! Maybe someday a pair of McIntosh MC1201 monoblocks! :smile: But, maybe for the Living Room rig? Oh God, did I just think that? I'm doomed! :smile:
  • verb
    Agree with Skip on that .... you want these on your SDA’s.
    y2tuvagzxvz0.jpeg

John you can never sell those. With all that history, personal and all, behind them, it's almost like one of your kids! Twins in fact! :smile:
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Spent the past couple of days listening to the new to me Triton Reference speakers. They seem to be still breaking in but so far I like what I hear. Everything I liked about the Triton Ones these do better. They appear to need a little more on the volume knob. With the Ones I would hang out around the 9-10 o'clock setting but Reference are more in the realm of 10-11 o'clock.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    New amp in the system today, MastersounD Dueventi! I was hesitant moving to 20 watts, afraid I was loose impact. It didn't even take a full song to remove that fear

I'm told the fear is unwarranted. However . . . that's my fear, as well ...
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • displayname
    GlennDog wrote: »
    New amp in the system today, MastersounD Dueventi! I was hesitant moving to 20 watts, afraid I was loose impact. It didn't even take a full song to remove that fear

I'm told the fear is unwarranted. However . . . that's my fear, as well ...
    It's obviously system and room dependent. I'm in a fairly small room (sitting about 10 feet away and speakers near the front wall), and my speakers are 90db efficiency with a horn top end. On paper it works. In reality it works even better than I'd expected.
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohn
    Waaaahahahaaaaa!!! :p

Looks fantastic, but when you ask us not to laugh.... well that just happens to be the first thing I do.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Rebuilt the stereo the other day. don't laugh... ;)
    Lol, so far I actually really like it. It doesn't look particularly great, but it will be better. It's useful for doing school, etc. I use a little folding table in front of where my chair is at while using the computer. The keyboard and mouse are wireless, but I need a USB Bluetooth adaptor for it to work. But once I get one, I'll stash them away in a drawer or something when they aren't in use.
    KEFs are sounding better than ever, finally got them really tuned in, and found where they sound best in the room.

Before anyone asks, yes, I have been using the turntable. I realized that since the top is broken, I can put it in a lower shelf. There's probably some kind of acoustic drawback to this, but oh well. ;)
    Thoughts? :)

Glad you're liking the KEF's more and more (I feel the same way).

As long as it sounds good to you, then that's all that really matters. Kick back, relax, and enjoy!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited April 2019
    Waaaahahahaaaaa!!! :p

Looks fantastic, but when you ask us not to laugh.... well that just happens to be the first thing I do.

:/

Lol, I was really expecting it.
    (Also, that part was really a joke, know it looks pretty dumb lol :D )