What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Ah. NICE SWAP! NEED PICS...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Today I thanked God for all of the more money than brains audiophiles out there buying uber-expensive gear and cables, for without them, there would be no secondary markets for guys like me to be able to cash in at pennies on the dollar. B)

Thanks for the great deals and even better sound. :p

You surely wouldn't have any Polkies in mind...
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Nope... ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Looking good! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Woah, here it is all in a specially sized rack as well, complete with Minidisc player.

s-l1600.jpg
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Love me some minidisc.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    I lugged this 84lb beast up 2 flights of stairs yesterday after it came back from being repaired (intermittent channel) . Much better synergy with the ads 1530's than the fill in amp; Proton d1200

kt815db7j883.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Today I thanked God for all of the more money than brains audiophiles out there buying uber-expensive gear and cables, for without them, there would be no secondary markets for guys like me to be able to cash in at pennies on the dollar. B)

Thanks for the great deals and even better sound. :p

Nancy Pelosi said it once:

We get the "crumbs".

But some crumbs are VERY TASTY! :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Don't mind if I do!
  • nooshinjohn
    Cables are transformative when you get the synergy right with everything. The introduction of silver cables between my Pass X0.2 and the Carvers, and from the amps to the speakers. The subtlest of details are now popping all over the place. This is the closest to real I have ever heard my system sound.

I am certain you are on the right path with those
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Cables are transformative when you get the synergy right with everything. The introduction of silver cables between my Pass X0.2 and the Carvers, and from the amps to the speakers. The subtlest of details are now popping all over the place. This is the closest to real I have ever heard my system sound.

John just wait until you try Monoprice XLRs.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited April 2019
    Put the Sofia 2A3s back into the "Simple 2A3" amplifier.
    Just because I could :)

46602617645_de1223b24f_h.jpgDSC_4280 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • joecoulson
    sgmsmg wrote: »
    Upgraded the Triton Ones to the Reference. A demo pair came up for sale at a good price so I couldn't help myself.
    8zuisygkyczm.jpg

Nice bro. Are you running the BHK for the mains and the M700’s for other speakers?
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Nice bro. Are you running the BHK for the mains and the M700’s for other speakers?

Not a BHK, that is a P10 Regenerator. You probably posted from a mobile so you couldn't see my signature. This is my 2 Channel setup. Amp is a Bryston 4B3. Those other PS Audio items you see are the Power Bases. The rest of my setup is Bryston.

2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Upgraded the Triton Ones to the Reference. A demo pair came up for sale at a good price so I couldn't help myself.
    8zuisygkyczm.jpg

I don't think that's a BHK in there, maybe a Power Plant? Certainly does look like 4 M700 monos, which is a LOT of power.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    8zuisygkyczm.jpg

I don't think that's a BHK in there, maybe a Power Plant? Certainly does look like 4 M700 monos, which is a LOT of power.
    Yes it is a P10. See my post above yours.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • joecoulson
    Ah. Yes from mobile. Those power bases look just like M700’s
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Replaced a digital coax from Lumin Streamer to the Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ with Wireworld Micro-Silver Eclipse 8 Balanced Digital Audio Cable - AES/EBU - 110 ohm .

Initial thoughts on that cable, Mikey?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    Clipdat wrote: »

John just wait until you try Monoprice XLRs.

Never.

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    DSkip wrote: »
    I installed a full loom of Wireworld Platinum today. Now to start the burn in process of all this gear.

The latest, greatest WW 8, I assume . . . Too soon for a write-up?

Come on, Skip. Spill the beans ...
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    Never.

Your loss! :)
  • Clipdat
    DSkip wrote: »
    Come to axpona. Right now my system is in burn in stage. I don’t have a single old component currently and the sound changes every few hours. It’s all mostly burned in now so it will be ready for Chicago.

Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams on repeat ought to get it burned in that final little bit!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    VR3 wrote: »
    About to pay the repair bill on a pass labs amp...

It won't be anywhere near as bad as what you expect...

Dunno, this one felt kind of painful...

I'm actually kind of glad it was broke though. I was excited to have a pass Amp and it sounded terrible... So atleast it was broke. Haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2019
    Added more than 1000 new songs to the hard drive...

• joecoulson
    Nice John
    Are you using a PC to rip or a dedicated ripper piece of hardware?