Friday fun....Who has the fastest vehicle?

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    I’m 68 and my son complains that I drive too slowly. He’s probably right, but I have a little fun when I’m by myself in my Mini Cooper S with a JCW tuning kit added. It’s not the separate JCW model, but a new intake, exhaust and a mild reflash, reportedly adding around 17 HP. It sounds nice and has better low end torque than when it was stock.

Fastest I can claim is when being driven back to the Chicago suburbs from a day of baking at the Indiana Dunes with three high-school friends. The driver owned a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T (440 six-pack and 4-speed manual). He noticed a nice big gap in the traffic ahead and announced that he was going to show us what it would do. He dropped a gear and got a little rubber at maybe 65. It seemed like only a few seconds later when he said we were at 135. Then the toll-road ticket levitated from the console and flew around for few seconds while we all tried to grab it before it disappeared out one of the windows. We had to pay the toll from the Ohio state line and I think we had just barely enough cash between us to cover it. It was worth it!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,437
    i have a modified vovlo xc90. 0 to 63 highway speed in 15 mins :) Tank in the snow @ 5000lbs with my fat a$$ in it
    Randy/Maine
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    There's a Rhodes scholar out there that put Boost energy drink in his new bike to give it "a little more power".
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    JPete wrote: »
    It'd take a lot of boost to make an MX-6 fast...

400whp on 15psi is easy. But that’s boring. 😉
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    edited March 2019
    The last 2 fun cars I had were a 2006 MINI Cooper S with engine and suspension mods which I did track days with and a 2011 MINI JCW with suspension mods only. The MINI's were a lot of fun to drive. The JCW was good for around 147-148 mph, low to mid 14's in the quarter. JCW was 209 hp. Corners are where they are the most fun.

hwj905087ylb.jpg
    phkqlhtba5ot.jpg
    n5z1br0stgzm.jpg
    vvin2azcb5b0.jpg

vfyw0wf1lckm.jpg
    wkxme65vmcyf.jpg

I now have a 2015 Buick Regal Turbo, no pics of it.

Post edited by Milito on
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    [quote="Inspector 24;c-2496180"

[/quote]

Dyno chart or it didn’t happen.

Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    Back in the early '80s I had just bought a new Guards Red Porsche 911 Carrera Targa. I was VERY foolish back then and one evening I was tooling around on some of the two lane back country roads outside of State College, PA. I remember seeing the speedometer climb above 135 mph. At that speed the road seemed to get very narrow and deer were everywhere! I got kind of a sick feeling in my stomach and let off the gas and coasted down to the speed limit, which was 55 at that time. A couple of minutes later I saw the flashing lights of a cop behind me and I pulled over. I had no idea where he got me, but it could have been at 135 or more. Fortunately, when he walked up to my window, he did not get out the handcuffs, and he wrote me up for only 75 in a 55 zone. I was thrilled! I would have spent the night ot two in jail if he had clocked me a minute or two earlier!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    edited March 2019
    JPete wrote: »
    [quote="Inspector 24;c-2496180"

Dyno chart or it didn’t happen.

[/quote]

It has. Not rocket science to make 160hp/l from a 2.5l DOHC engine. Lots of YouTube and info out there. Here’s a primer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5TDdMkGwsI

But meh. Curves are subjectively more fun. :)
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    Nice! My friend’s was a dark green with black vinyl top. Sounded awesome.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    6.7 Cummins on an 18,000lb frame. 0-60 in about 9 seconds. Torque is where it's at!
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,137

lightman1 wrote: »
    6.7 Cummins on an 18,000lb frame. 0-60 in about 9 seconds. Torque is where it's at!

Deleted?
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,972
    My older brother used to drive hot-rodded cars, and on occasion, local law enforcement would pull him over for really no reason except for perception. The cops would ask him if his car was fast, and he would reply, "I could probably out-run you, but I can't out-run your radio."
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    Verb, that '59 is gorgeous. My dream has always been a '58...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    We have some nice rides on this forum! That's fo' sho'!!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Beautiful Kawi!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    I would have been the undisputed king of speed if only them Dodge Boys would have not cracked up my Demon before I even got the chance to put my butt in the seat. I felt even worse a few days ago when I saw a 20-something girl driving "my" car on the streets with the skinny tires up front because she hit something down the drivers side that took out two of the drag slicks...

It's got 10,000 miles on it now and has never been washed or even put in a garage. How somebody can subject a car like that to such abuse is something I just cannot even begin to understand.

BUT I thought you posted this about the new owner on the original Demon post, oh well he must have flipped it ;)

An update here is that the car has already been sold... to my best friend's brother in law! He lives just a couple miles from me, so I will be seeing the car from time to time, and if he does decide to sell, I am first up. He flips cars like most change underwear. He is also looking at payments of over 2k a month for 84 months! We were going to pay cash...
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 212
    Nice 928, I always liked the look of those cars. I like the machined upper support bracket too. It looks like that LS1 fits nice in there.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    I would have been the undisputed king of speed if only them Dodge Boys would have not cracked up my Demon before I even got the chance to put my butt in the seat. I felt even worse a few days ago when I saw a 20-something girl driving "my" car on the streets with the skinny tires up front because she hit something down the drivers side that took out two of the drag slicks...

It's got 10,000 miles on it now and has never been washed or even put in a garage. How somebody can subject a car like that to such abuse is something I just cannot even begin to understand.

BUT I thought you posted this about the new owner on the original Demon post, oh well he must have flipped it ;)

An update here is that the car has already been sold... to my best friend's brother in law! He lives just a couple miles from me, so I will be seeing the car from time to time, and if he does decide to sell, I am first up. He flips cars like most change underwear. He is also looking at payments of over 2k a month for 84 months! We were going to pay cash...

I have zero control over how the car gets used or rather, abused. There is another I am looking at now that was purchased by the owner of the dealership I used to work at, but it's black in color, and I don't like black...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    NotaSuv wrote: »

I have zero control over how the car gets used or rather, abused. There is another I am looking at now that was purchased by the owner of the dealership I used to work at, but it's black in color, and I don't like black...

Black is easy to wrap/color change...
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,465
    Have a 97 Camaro SS. The real deal, not the posers who bought an aftermarket hood. Pics after I get it shined-up from the winter dust.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    bzhea1rjp28r.jpeg
    Pinto beans are great! lol.

Seriously, though, I love that color!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10