Friday fun....Who has the fastest vehicle?

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,188
edited March 2019 in The Clubhouse
Sal need not apply.

We have a plethora of folks here who have some VERY nice cars and as of late on a couple of different threads, boast about....well, you know....being fast.

While the women in your life do not like being fast and skipping first base....what have you for the fast lane?

(Gentlemen, this NOT an, "I have a bigger.........than you." )

This should be a FUN thread to show off our OTHER hobbies....

Pic's are mandatory if one boasts....MANDATORY on this thread. Don't claim you have a Shelby while sportin' a Pinto station wagon....

Big Daddy T.
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    I have driven a car over 200 m.p.h.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    edited March 2019
    My car is very quick through the corners. But with only ~200hp, not so fast in the straights.

3idtsijdek9w.jpg

jka4qipbqnux.jpg

0wviqcxiyxqu.jpg

Where it's at home:

tugn4x4mmv7h.jpg

What you need in order to be able to get out of bed at 6am so you can get there before the cyclists and slow traffic ruin the good driving roads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWv7BWEoQmM
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    The fastest I have been is 160mph in a https://youtu.be/ssCi9z6Rz8Y

The light poles were going as if they were placed 2 feet away from one another....

We did the $20 bet that I could not reach the bill on the dash.

I lost.

My back hurt for months and and I will not go into the pain my shoulder and arm got hit with.

That sucker was B&Blueprinted @ somewhere near 650hp at the wheels. After we got out of the vehicle, he asked me if I wanted to buy it.......

I kissed the ground that I was still alive when I disembarked. This was on Route1 just South of DC in 1987.

I did not buy the vehicle.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    I would have been the undisputed king of speed if only them Dodge Boys would have not cracked up my Demon before I even got the chance to put my butt in the seat. I felt even worse a few days ago when I saw a 20-something girl driving "my" car on the streets with the skinny tires up front because she hit something down the drivers side that took out two of the drag slicks...

It's got 10,000 miles on it now and has never been washed or even put in a garage. How somebody can subject a car like that to such abuse is something I just cannot even begin to understand.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    To some people a car is simply "A means to get from point A to point B".

I know, I don't understand those people either...
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Car has done a hot lap at Daytona but limit top speed was only 100 car has been to 178
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    edited March 2019
    I have the fastest Stock Durango R/T in the country. The Only upgrade was a K&N air filer drop in, not a full cold air system.
    It's AWD and has a Tow package on it so it's on the heavier side. Full size spare and 3 rows of seats.
    v937xyt5699c.jpg
    s88rjko74epf.jpg
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    *cough*

o4w6ttuhpffq.jpg

Oh, wait, sorry, wrong picture!

I meant this one!

2yew6hc0buip.jpg

Dang it!

That's not it either!

I meant this one!

m2s5qv20wqjj.jpg

Wait...no, that's not it, it was this one, for sure!

09eel08pkwon.jpg

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    Wait, if you're Durango R/T is bone stock with nothing but a fancy panel air filter, how can it be "the fastest in the country" if every other stock Durango R/T is exactly the same?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Mine is pretty quick. Not a world beater but 400hp ish at the crank in a sub 3k pound vehicle gets the tires roasting pretty easily

1uzhv5g75byw.jpeg

That 67 looks Sweeeeet! I had a 68 in High school.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    Been over 200mph on a buddy’s LSR bike. Been 172mph on the front straight at Road America on my old track ho GSX-R750 in the dry and 160mph in the rain.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    edited March 2019
    The fastest I have is a 2012 RDX. our Rav4 is not fast at all. So I know I'm at the bottom here with the RDX. 260 ft-lbs - 240 hp all stock.
    What I can boast about is the sh-awd. If you've never experienced it. It's crazy how this vehicle sticks to the road and in control.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Clipdat wrote: »
    To some people a car is simply "A means to get from point A to point B".

I know, I don't understand those people either...

Here's what they buy... :D
    wj9e1xnhyh8m.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    There are fast cars and fast cars. This is the latter.

12234847_10207840262468525_4567383491700562589_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=9245db225e2a1c64ad0ea8b040ff666d&oe=5D4E159B

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    It'd take a lot of boost to make an MX-6 fast...
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    My Smart Stang... it's little but it's quick! cqjytpt30yr9.jpg
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    I would have been the undisputed king of speed if only them Dodge Boys would have not cracked up my Demon before I even got the chance to put my butt in the seat. I felt even worse a few days ago when I saw a 20-something girl driving "my" car on the streets with the skinny tires up front because she hit something down the drivers side that took out two of the drag slicks...

It's got 10,000 miles on it now and has never been washed or even put in a garage. How somebody can subject a car like that to such abuse is something I just cannot even begin to understand.

"... the saddest are these, it might have been."

They still make them, don't they? And I'd like to know how you know it's never been
    washed, sounds a little stalker-ish to me ;) LOL
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited March 2019
    They were a one year and done model. I am looking at a Red-Eye or going with the original plan and waiting for the C8 Corvette. If Verb would get off his lazy buttocks and fix that dang electrical system and the twisting frame issues, they could launch the car already.

For now, I have to suffer through with my 2004 Jaguar XJ-8...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Psh my Corolla or my Yaris IA would leave you fools in the dust.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,137
    51dr9qxlnjb3.jpg

Makes me smile. Wanted one when I was 18 had to wait a few years....
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    D'prived wrote: »

Lol...looks like a micro machine.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    edited March 2019
    Oops, never mind...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    D'prived wrote: »

Lol...looks like a micro machine.

k41lsb4z26ld.jpg
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    They were a one year and done model. I am looking at a Red-Eye or going with the original plan and waiting for the C8 Corvette. If Verb would get off his lazy buttocks and fix that dang electrical system and the twisting frame issues, they could launch the car already.

For now, I have to suffer through with my 2004 Jaguar XJ-8...

Well, I guess I stand 100% corrected, I had no idea they were not making them this
    year. But what do you expect, I've never gone over 90 mph unless you count commercial air travel ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/