Friday fun....Who has the fastest vehicle?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Not super fast. Quick enough to confuse some of the German boys saying "thats a Kia" :)

They lifted a lot of their styling cues from the Jaguar XF.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Not super fast. Quick enough to confuse some of the German boys saying "thats a Kia" :)

They lifted a lot of their styling cues from the Jaguar XF.

Fine by me! :)
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Man do I love the design. I'm a 5 door / liftback /sportback fan....I need one in my life...Audi A7, A5, Buick Regal, BMW GT, Porsche Panamera, Kia Stinger, etc...

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2020
    My car is the fastest here. I only say that because we'll never actually race. But still, it is.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Pfft,

You guys got nothing on this bad boy :D

m1aeii28i5my.jpg
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,648
    edited March 2020
    Since this is an old thread and has been resurrected I thought I would move over to the H2O side of things. Was thinking I could get it out this weekend but they have started to close lakes in our area now.

I thought this was one of the things I could do and not be involved with others.

fbhvloa512sf.jpg

Now spinning this.

szfsdfusit12.jpg

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Pfft,

You guys got nothing on this bad boy :D

m1aeii28i5my.jpg

Ohh, me want that bad boy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    tratliff wrote: »
    Since this is an old thread and has been resurrected I thought I would move over to the H2O side of things. Was thinking I could get it out this weekend but they have started to close lakes in our area now.

I thought this was one of the things I could do and not be involved with others.

fbhvloa512sf.jpg

Now spinning this.

szfsdfusit12.jpg

You got a old wooden Connelly slalom ski? I'd be game to give that a try :D
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,648
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

fbhvloa512sf.jpg

Now spinning this.

szfsdfusit12.jpg

You got a old wooden Connelly slalom ski? I'd be game to give that a try :D

You better hang on and close your eyes. Thing shoots about a 200 ft tail.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • oldrocker

fbhvloa512sf.jpg

Now spinning this.

szfsdfusit12.jpg

That thing is wicked!!

Oh, to be young again and strap on a ski.... B)
  • oldrocker
    Tony,

6 pack of beer and a 12 pack of TP and she's all yours.... :D
  • tonyb
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Tony,

6 pack of beer and a 12 pack of TP and she's all yours.... :D

Man, that's pushin' it pal but....Sold, you drive a hard bargain. :) You didn't specify the ply on the TP though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Now might be a good time to find out just how fast your vehicle can go. B) *
    njus48wyx698.png

* Disclaimer: No, not really. This post is for entertainment purposes only. Do not attempt. Obey posted speed limits.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,582
    1993 Kawasaki ZX-11 Ninja. Only 135 HP to rear wheel. Body work was designed in a wind tunnel and first bike with ram air induction. Fastest production motorcycle in the world from 1900-1998 when the Hyabusa came out. I had mine up to 176 . Still have it. But have not driven in 20 years. Too much temptation to get in trouble. Plus I have to drive a DOT pick up for work. My DD is a 2012 Goldwing.
    Love yours. Ddf4w3bjq30pg.jpeg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    ^^FAST. That one and the Honda CBR1100 Blackbird were unreal in their era. Fun fact the name Hayabusa is Japanese for the Peregrine Falcon. This bird like the motorcycle is good for 200 mph and is a natural predator of blackbirds.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Mine is pretty quick. Not a world beater but 400hp ish at the crank in a sub 3k pound vehicle gets the tires roasting pretty easily

1uzhv5g75byw.jpeg

Eastern WA?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    If it was Eastern WA. there wouldn't be any trees and you'd see mountains in the background.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    edited March 2020
    dagame27 wrote: »
    I'll join the fray...2012 c63 amg. It's a blast, replaced my 277k 2003 audi s8 that was unfortunately rear ended. 9ovpqnkr3h39.jpg
    qzlkcjsuksvc.jpg

I test drove one of those for a forum member (a couple of years back) who ended up buying it. Those are fast. Fun, quiet and fast!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited March 2020
    I did 90 a few weeks ago on I95 near Daytona in my 275,000 mile Volvo XC70. It definitely could've done more but I didn't want to get a ticket, and I decided I didn't want to risk something giving up the ghost at those speeds. It was fun though.

I will have something more enjoyable. someday. :)

edit: I'd post a picture, but no one probably cares about an old Volvo with no paint on the hood. I also don't have one. :)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    I did 90 a few weeks ago on I95 near Daytona in my 275,000 mile Volvo XC70. It definitely could've done more but I didn't want to get a ticket, and I decided I didn't want to risk something giving up the ghost at those speeds. It was fun though.

edit: I'd post a picture, but no one probably cares about an old Volvo with no paint on the hood. I also don't have one. :)

Sometimes, I think my truck idles at 90. I really need to slow down... :|

Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    Now is a good time to take advantage of light traffic. I picked up my wife at PDX last Tuesday evening and more than a few people were doing 95+ on I-5. I wasn’t one of them, but I think that my guess is pretty accurate. I’m sure traffic is even less now, post stay-at-home order.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Yep - I was one - I went to the office to check on things monday and got up to 100 :blush:
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    1993 Kawasaki ZX-11 Ninja. Only 135 HP to rear wheel. Body work was designed in a wind tunnel and first bike with ram air induction. Fastest production motorcycle in the world from 1900-1998 when the Hyabusa came out. I had mine up to 176 . Still have it. But have not driven in 20 years. Too much temptation to get in trouble. Plus I have to drive a DOT pick up for work. My DD is a 2012 Goldwing.
    Love yours. Ddf4w3bjq30pg.jpeg

Nice. I also had one of those. Sold it in 99, and haven’t been on a bike since.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    ^^^ Interesting comment. Did something happen that made you swear off motorcycles? I lost two friends in high school and have not had the itch to ride. Friends with bikes seem to be addicted, though. One friend with five (currently) did sell his fastest one a couple years ago: “I need to lose this one before I get in trouble.”
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    No, just getting old, lazy, and cautious.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    mlistens03 wrote: »

90 is everyday expressway driving in Chicago. You get run over doing 60-70.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    edited March 2020
    I-45 Dallas to Houston is the same way tonyb.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • steveinaz
    By the way, my car is still the fastest; only because I'll never have to prove it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2020
    On a big straight-away on my way to Senoita, Az; I laid on the tank behind the windscreen, and got my Yamaha YZF-600 up to an indicated 167mph. It was like a train on the tracks. I miss not having a bike.
    tc9b6odgh94x.jpg