What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Why the giving up on silver gear. If I had my way, everything I have would be brushed aluminum...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    DSkip wrote: »
    Why the giving up on silver gear. If I had my way, everything I have would be brushed aluminum...

860ql7j8v50v.jpg
    How's the integrated comparing to the mono blocks so far?
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616

Not really my choice John. Downsizing the former setup. The NAD integrated is black, the Micromega DAC is black, and the Panasonic Blu-ray is also black. The speakers and the sub are black and so are the speaker stands. The ELAC doesn't "match" anything specifically with its brushed metal body and the mirror finish on the face (it looks pretty cool though).

If I can get my hands on some of that infamous black paint I've heard so much about, I might just paint the APC! ;)

I do like silver gear because it hides the dust better!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    lightman1 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    SCompRacer wrote: »

So you actually going to take them home? :D
    Going to need to be more specific than that he has like 12 of'm

I don't actually "own" a home......
    I just leave stuff at the places I've been.
    Ryan, Dan, Doug, Warehouse Mikes, Doc....
    Come to think it....Victors even before I bought the speakers.

Well let me know when you're ever in Oregon.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    OMG!!!

That is all for now. :pB)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Nothing but I did start a new one
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Well it's not to my stereo but to my phone/headphone combo. I removed all non FLAC music and added more FLAC.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    what the FLAC?!
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Stepping back in time a bit--Undiagnosed new issue with my MF A5cr melted a MW6511 in my 2BTLs, so in goes a NAD2100 and my modded RTA-11TL. Still in process of hoisting speakers around, so no report on sonics just yet...

Anyone got a vintage 6511 or two you can part with?
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    verb wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    How far do you have to drive to swap amps when that seller gets the new one?

He actually met me 1/2 way, so only a few miles! :smile: Plus I get a new amp with zero miles on it. And, he'll be my ambassador to SVS until the warranty runs out (he doesn't know that yet!) :smile:

Seller contacted me today! The new amp arrived! He sent me a pic.
    c98ts5bdrgup.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    d0r5ont24e41.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    d0r5ont24e41.jpg

strangest ninja throwing star I've ever seen
  • nooshinjohn

LOL... I have never been so terrified of handling a piece of audio equipment in my life. This is endgame type stuff. My heart is about to leap out of my chest in fear of damaging that cantilever.

• joecoulson
    Wow. Is there not a protective piece for the stylus??
    That would make me produce diamonds from the rear.
    I was nevous enough with the Ania and it’s only $800
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    It looks like it made the trip intact! B)

Can't wait for the review. ;)

You have all the pieces in place to hear what this cartridge can do. ;):)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    No pressure John.... o:)
  • joecoulson
    Jam it in there. It’ll work great
  • verb

LOL... I have never been so terrified of handling a piece of audio equipment in my life. This is endgame type stuff. My heart is about to leap out of my chest in fear of damaging that cantilever.

zo93ii8rflcc.png

Right tool for the right job! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    Be sure to eat hot wings before you attempt to slip that in, they'll make your fingers all tacky and such.

joecoulson wrote: »
    Jam it in there. It’ll work great

I think there is a she said joke in there somewhere....

could be wrong usually am >:)

• nooshinjohn
    ax7x5yza7dki.jpg
    ic866ilav3rp.jpg
    24nyi940s9bf.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Good job! ;)B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    ok7mt6kvpilc.gif

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

I feel that way about any cartridge with a non (user) replaceable stylus. :/
    It's not a question of if, only a question of when.

Or, as I like to put it.
    The thermodynamics are never in question, only the kinetics.
  • nooshinjohn
    The hard part is over. I am certain there is some tweaking to be done here and there, but that will come with time. I am still too stressed to relax and go deep into listening, so all I can really say about it is that I survived the trip from Spain intact and it works!

• Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Looks like a Romulan warship attacking the 2D planet Vinyl. :)
  • verb
    So today, I met the seller and got the new amp for my SVS PB1000! All good. Got home, ready to install, but wait!

The voltage rating for this replacement amp is 220 - 240 volts! WTF! And the drama continues! :smile:
    cj90ov79mr03.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    oops :p

Does it have, perhaps, have selectable primary voltages on the PT?

alternatively, a big ol' stepdown transformer (at least 300 VA, more would be better) should get the job done.

Or, of course, the sender could just provide a model that was meant for the US market. :|
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I can fix that problem