What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    cfrizz wrote: »
    You got part of it Tony, what else?

Cable management and toe in your speakers while listening to them?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Ok, here is an older picture to compare.
    lg90hshd7pw9.jpg
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • cfrizz
    With the new.

u30019n3eay1.jpg
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    OK...It's all clear now. ;)B)

Classe' in the house now. B)

The Carvers have been replaced. ;) I know you loved your Carvers as did I.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Brought some gear from home to Dallas rent house for my Buc-ees project

Spun some Shagrila, Ava Cassidy, Santana, James Taylor; etc

I’m all set with some tunes while working on the road
    uj34sbna6ycy.jpeg

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Classic CD (Flat as a pancake) that is actually very well recorded.

If you seen the shack they recorded it in you'd wonder how they got anything other than feedback and echoes.
    Yes I always thought it was indeed well done.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    @cfrizz you drank all the wine! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    Is that OPPO I spy?
  • cfrizz
    edited February 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    OK...It's all clear now. ;)B)

Classe' in the house now. B)

The Carvers have been replaced. ;) I know you loved your Carvers as did I.

Correct I replaced both of my Sunfire pieces. Both are closing in on 20yrs old and one or both were starting to give me a problem so I decided to update.
    DSkip wrote: »
    How are you liking the new gear Cathy?

Thanks to your recommendations Skip, I'm liking them just fine. It's going to take me a while to get used to learning using them. I have to remember to turn on the amp before starting to play music. But it's AWESOME having so few wires and having the pre pick up what's playing and making the changes for everything.
    verb wrote: »
    @cfrizz you drank all the wine! :smile:

LOL! It's still there Verb, it just wasn't in the shot. I just might open another bottle, maybe it will ease some of the pain in my back, legs, and arms from moving all this gear around!
    dromunds wrote: »
    Is that OPPO I spy?

Yes, it was purchased from ZLTFUL back in July 2017, and it has a Roku stick in the front HDMI port.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    I would be happy to acquire the Sunfire Sig...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    ij5e9x34keyw.jpeg
    Fabricated some speaker stands... the bases alone weigh 20 pounds, and they have no resonation at all. Gotta paint 'em, and they are finished.
    I have my sights set on some cables now, then I'm done for a long while. :)

I can see why you went with the white finish on the LEF’s Micah. They match your room very nicely.

The black finish goes better in my room. I like the stands! Want to
    Make a pair for me??
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    halo wrote: »
    ij5e9x34keyw.jpeg
    Fabricated some speaker stands... the bases alone weigh 20 pounds, and they have no resonation at all. Gotta paint 'em, and they are finished.
    I have my sights set on some cables now, then I'm done for a long while. :)

I can see why you went with the white finish on the LEF’s Micah. They match your room very nicely.

The black finish goes better in my room. I like the stands! Want to
    Make a pair for me??

I'd be happy to, but shipping would be a killer. If you'd like I
    I can send you my plans for 'em!
  • halo
    I'd be happy to, but shipping would be a killer. If you'd like I
    I can send you my plans for 'em!

No worries but thanks for the offer.

I picked up some non-clumping cat litter and a funnel to fill my stands. My KEF's are sitting on top of some Adam Hall Monitor Isolation Pads and the stands, themselves, are on top of some 6" yoga blocks so they're pretty dead, acoustically speaking.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb
    Nice job Micah! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    I thought you were designing a pipe based stand.

I'll tell you what, me being a woodworker, I'd leave those stands just as they are. Polyurethane the exposed wood.

Those stands look super nice the wat they are to me!

I'd like to see your plans on here. I remember your pipe stand plans w/grid paper.

I'm very interested on how you secured those boards to the base and top plate.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    16 pages and I have made one post on this thread (I think).

Damn, y'all can type! Sheesh!

I can't hardly keep up.

Not Trey.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Willow
    With the new.

u30019n3eay1.jpg

Congrats on the new amp Cathy. So your Polk sub is in line with your mains and your SVS is to the left and right up against the wall, what's going on there?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    treitz3 wrote: »
    16 pages and I have made one post on this thread (I think).

Damn, y'all can type! Sheesh!

I can't hardly keep up.

Not Trey.

Go ahead and leave now for our get together. You might make it on time.
  • mlistens03
    edited February 2019
    Tony M wrote: »
    I thought you were designing a pipe based stand.

I'll tell you what, me being a woodworker, I'd leave those stands just as they are. Polyurethane the exposed wood.

Those stands look super nice the wat they are to me!

I'd like to see your plans on here. I remember your pipe stand plans w/grid paper.

I'm very interested on how you secured those boards to the base and top plate.

I was planning on using a PVC pipe, like you mentioned, but me and my grandpa (who helped me build the stands) met at Chick-Fil-A to discuss the design of the stand. We couldn’t figure out how we would attach it, so we drew up this plan. I based it somewhat on the picture of the stands you posted in my thread a while back, but I added the board in the middle to avoid the boards on the side resonating.
    Here are the plans;
    q9d1i4gdb0ma.jpg
    Some changes were made during construction (supports are about an inch inside the base, base is a bit bigger, etc.) but overall that is the design. There is a scale, one square is one inch. I ran out of room in some spots though, so I added notes where a part would be bigger. :)
    These things are solid, and even playing bass heavy music at high volumes there is no resonance I can feel by putting my hand on the side. I’m very happy with how these turned out! :)
  • cfrizz
    Willow wrote: »
    With the new.

u30019n3eay1.jpg

Congrats on the new amp Cathy. So your Polk sub is in line with your mains and your SVS is to the left and right up against the wall, what's going on there?

Hi JF, Thank you it is nice to finally be as up to date as I can be at least for now with the ever changing specs for prepro's.

As for my SVS being further back, it is bigger than my little Polk, and closer to where I walk, I don't need to be tripping over it.

But also since it is a front firing sub, it has NO problem rattling the room when called for! :)
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Quoted from previous post by @mlistens03;
    I was planning on using a PVC pipe, like you mentioned, but me and my grandpa (who helped me build the stands) met at Chick-Fil-A to discuss the design of the stand. We couldn’t figure out how we would attach it, so we drew up this plan. I based it somewhat on the picture of the stands you posted in my thread a while back, but I added the board in the middle to avoid the boards on the side resonating.
    Here are the plans;
    q9d1i4gdb0ma.jpg
    Some changes were made during construction (supports are about an inch inside the base, base is a bit bigger, etc.) but overall that is the design. There is a scale, one square is one inch. I ran out of room in some spots though, so I added notes where a part would be bigger. :)
    These things are solid, and even playing bass heavy music at high volumes there is no resonance I can feel by putting my hand on the side. I’m very happy with how these turned out! :)[/quote]

I really like your new plans too and the notations that go with certain parameters. It (again ) looks like something I would've drawn to get a visual of what isn't but will be. You even have a parts list! That's some beautiful advanced planning skills. B)

Your designing room couldn't be better! I like their restaurants' interiors. My wife had a Chick-Fil-A sandwich the other night and it sure looked good!

You also had a great partner in designing the new design, your Grandpa. And he even helped build them with you. GREAT. B)

Did you have him sign them and date them? I would've put both yours and his signatures on them. ;) Maybe heirloom pieces for sure.
  • Willow
    With the new.

u30019n3eay1.jpg

Hi JF, Thank you it is nice to finally be as up to date as I can be at least for now with the ever changing specs for prepro's.

As for my SVS being further back, it is bigger than my little Polk, and closer to where I walk, I don't need to be tripping over it.

But also since it is a front firing sub, it has NO problem rattling the room when called for! :)

I never thought I'd see the day where you sold your Sunfire Amp.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    edited February 2019
    Great job on your custom stands @mlistens03. I like how you have the top plate exactly the same size as the speaker.

Now hurry up and spike the bottom base plate before Jesse finds out there isn't any.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,035
    Yesterday I disconnected and removed all the electronics in my main rig which was necessary to add another shelf to the flexi rack. It was a good pastime for the afternoon while waiting for the game to start. I finished it up during halftime as I thought that would be a better use of my time rather than torture myself watching maroon 5.
  • halo
    With the new.

u30019n3eay1.jpg

Things weren't working as well as they used to after 20+ years of Cathy's jam sessions. Onward and upward to newer and better things (I hope) for @cfrizz :)
  • mlistens03
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Great job on your custom stands @mlistens03. I like how you have the top plate exactly the same size as the speaker.

Now hurry up and spike the bottom base plate before Jesse finds out there isn't any.

Planning on spiking it, but I have to get a set first. None on Amazon, and I can get 4 for $10 on PE, but it comes out to like $27 including shipping, and I’d like to not spend more on the spikes than I did on the entire stands... ;)
  • verb
    Clipdat wrote: »

Or, beware of Drew's incessant reminders! :smile:
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Well unlike Micah, you already have the spikes. So really you have no excuse!
  • cfrizz
    halo wrote: »
    With the new.

u30019n3eay1.jpg

Things weren't working as well as they used to after 20+ years of Cathy's jam sessions. Onward and upward to newer and better things (I hope) for @cfrizz :)

Precisely Victor!

Quite frankly, I blame the Professor (Mhardy) for jinxing me! But neither piece of gear owes me a thing since they were used almost daily, and on weekends rocked out at pretty good volume all day long from the time I got up to the time I went to bed.

Once things start acting flaky, because of how long I've had them I have less trouble moving on, then I go all out and bring everything up to current specs which is great!

I haven't sold either piece, I will keep them just in case. But quite frankly, my body is telling me I'm getting a bit too old to be picking up this kind of weight.

Fortunately, I'm on vacation for the rest of this week, so I have time to recover and break in my new gear!