Group-buy-2019-dreadnought-avel-lindberg-1000va-isolation-transformers

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    verb wrote: »
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    In case there are folks who are new to the Dreadnought and would like to investigate in advance of joining @pitdogg2's 2019 Group Buy, here is some info:

PURPOSE
    The purpose of the group is to purchase at a discount the Avel Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer for use in the AI-1 Dreadnought developed by @DarqueKnight which greatly improves the sound quality that is possible from Polk's SDA speakers. See DarqueKnight's upgrade thread for details.

ORDERING
    Cost is TBD, based on the soon-to-be-received quote and participation level. Historically, there are price breaks beyond the 10-unit minimum at 15, 20, 25, and 30. The quote at 10ea in 2016 was $292.88 plus $17.55 shipping & insurance. A-L will provide quotes for any shipping outside the CONUS.

Once the group buy goal is reached, full payments are collected from members. Once all payments are collected, the order is placed and payment made. Lead time has historically been quoted at 12 weeks which allows plenty of time for members to purchase cases and parts. Units are shipped directly to members via USPS Priority Mail. Packing is adequate but not luxurious.

DESIGN & ASSEMBLY INFO
    Assembly is very easy and straightforward, and the end product is extremely rewarding.
    Toolfan's 2017 Cases
    F1's Neutrik Design
    Parts Lists & Discussion (2016 GB p.10)
    Bolt & Faston info + agfrost's use of slightly different Neutrik's
    F1nut's outriggers and spikes

BINDING POST CONNECTIONS
    DarqueKnight's original Dreadnought. Note this is using the 800VA, but the 1000VA is the same scheme.
    Right Pin = Red/Yellow
    Right Blade (Negative Speaker Terminal) = Black/Orange
    Left Pin = Grey/Brown
    Left Blade (Negative Speaker Terminal) = Blue/Violet
    DN-inside-side-r.jpg
    DN-rear001-r.jpg

NEUTRIK CONNECTIONS
    F1nut's Neutrik Dreadnought (link above). I believe this arrangement is consistent with Larry's latest batch of cases. For same-side Neutriks with 90deg connectors, see below.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Red/Yellow (right pin) to 1+
    Black/Orange (right blade) to 1-
    Grey/Brown (left pin) to 1+
    Blue/Violet (left blade) to 1-
    DSC01998.jpg
    @agfrost's Neutrik set (with spare direct interconnect cable) Note: Neutrik also makes a male-to-male lockable coupler that could be used with existing Dreadnought cables to bypass the Dreadnought.
    DreadnaughtCase_zpsd22274e1.jpg
    @stainless0steel2's Same-side 90deg Neutrik design
    koqp0grd8jmh.jpg

DYNAMAT
    DarqueKnight's Dynamatted base
    DNVer2No2IntAssy-s.jpg
    F1nut's Dynamtted top
    DSC01997.jpg

DARQUEKNIGHT'S DREADNOUGHT DEVELOPMENT
    1000VA Upgrade (2012)
    Original 800VA Dreadnought (2008)

PREVIOUS GROUP BUYS
    2016 Group Buy
    2014 Group Buy
    2012 Group Buy

Craig thank you so much for posting this. Us dreadnaught newbies would be lost (at least I'm speaking for myself) without it. For me, lot's of searching (no I'm not lazy), links not found (pre-vanilla), etc. Man, this subject IMO would be a great sticky thread!

@KennethSwauger what say you? :smile:

A search of "Dreadnought" would of gave you a ton of info as well.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    verb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I gotta tap out, sorry. My cat's vet bill wiped me out. :'( I'll have to settle for the 800VA unit later.... Priorities.

Understand we've all been there in one form or another.
    Thanks for the conformation

Hey Dog, put me in for 2, @FestYboy it's yours when you need it.

Wow :o:'( thank you, that seriously just made me emotional.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    to the top

Ivan the Enabler :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2019
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    to the top

Ivan the Enabler :o

Shut up Brian it's all your fault...... :#:#
    I see you lol'ing

Actually someone reached out to me pm and there may be one more possible so i thought I'd keep it on the front page just in case.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Ivan, i might need to cancel. I am going to sell off all of my equipment and just get a soundbar.

Haaaaa. Who am i kidding. You all know me better then that?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • For those who will be doing upgrades to their SDA's
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Just out of curiosity how many units are we up to with all of the people who are doing doubles and such now?

I've purchased like 5 of these in recent yrs. What's the cut-off date? cuz I could go another . . . they always sell (never asked more than purchased price) . . . and btw, I took a bath on my SRS sale combo deal
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2019
    no order has been placed yet just pay for how many you want. Last time I looked it was past 25 and we were at 248.00 each with shipping.

@vcwatkins should have reached out to you if you were on the list already.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    @GlennDog, PM me if you definitely want in and let me know if there are changes in shipping info from '16.

I'm still waiting on shipping info from a couple; but once that's complete, and I get shipping quotes on non-CONUS ones, I'll send out requests for payment. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • vcwatkins
    edited January 2019
    Check that, Eric. I've received. (I was looking at old spreadsheet.)
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • vcwatkins
    I have sent payment info to Group Buy participants (list below) via PM. Please let me know of any errors/omissions.

If you did not receive a PM but wish to participate in the Group Buy, please PM me soon. I will need shipping info as well (name, address, phone, email if possible to confirm receipt). Last minute additions are welcome up until the time collections are complete and the order is ready to be placed.

Thanks!
    Craig

v3bq1z2n34zi.jpg

• vcwatkins
    Great job on settling up, guys! 25% complete in first hour!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Brian the instigator
    Ivan the pusher
    Watkins the collector

Great job guys!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    where's the "vic" for Craig and I ???? Don't make send the lightman out :#:#
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

Whatcha need, Ivan?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    teonanacatl
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Drugs are bad, Ron....nnnnKay?
  • vcwatkins
    Great job on settling up, guys! 54% complete!
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850

I believe it's "Vig"
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • vcwatkins
    If there's anyone who has not joined the Group Buy but would like to, there's still time. Late additions are welcome up until the point when collections are complete.

You'll need to PM me your shipping info (name address, phone, email if possible to confirm receipt) and make payment after receiving my confirmation.

After last night's receipts, we are at 54% complete.
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2019

I believe it's "Vig"

wiseguy :D
  • vcwatkins
    edited January 2019
    Late Additions Welcome
    If there's anyone who has not joined the Group Buy but would like to, there's still time - up until the point when collections are complete. You'll need to PM me soon. Shipped cost is $248.

We are currently at 75% complete. Thanks guys!
  • vcwatkins
    Great job! Only 3 to go!
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Great job! Only 3 to go!

Impressive!!!
  • pitdogg2
    very nice guys you rock....