Best speaker wire

Comments

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,998
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Here's a similar (???) KEF loudspeaker (of which I've never heard, in full disclosure -- and which looks to be a desktop/computer "monitor") that I just stumbled across*:

enlbb2eul1lr.png

Is that zip cord I espy in there? :/

source: https://darko.audio/2014/11/kef-x300a-wireless-powered-loudspeaker-review/

vsvcm5ve17vv.png

It almost looks like the 50W since it has the transformer on the bottom and the 50W is bi amp with a class AB for the top end and D for the bottom end. Still looks thicker then the pioneer showed LOL

Maybe one day I will open it up after the warranty is up.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,925
    erniejade wrote: »
    Here's a similar (???) KEF loudspeaker (of which I've never heard, in full disclosure -- and which looks to be a desktop/computer "monitor") that I just stumbled across*:

enlbb2eul1lr.png

source: https://darko.audio/2014/11/kef-x300a-wireless-powered-loudspeaker-review/

vsvcm5ve17vv.png

It almost looks like the 50W since it has the transformer on the bottom and the 50W is bi amp with a class AB for the top end and D for the bottom end. Still looks thicker then the pioneer showed LOL

I definitely wouldn't pop the top while it is in warranty.

OK, well -- I might, but I'd never advise anyone else to!

I (in all seriousness) do think plexiglass (or lexan, as the case may be) that thick probably would make for a decent loudspeaker enclosure.
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,379
    edited December 2018
    erniejade wrote: »

enlbb2eul1lr.png

vsvcm5ve17vv.png

I definitely wouldn't pop the top while it is in warranty.

OK, well -- I might, but I'd never advise anyone else to!

I (in all seriousness) do think plexiglass (or lexan, as the case may be) that thick probably would make for a decent loudspeaker enclosure.

I wonder if these were the inspiration for the term "transparent speakers"?
    Hey, somebody needed to say it...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
    edited December 2018
    polrbehr wrote: »
    I wonder if these were the inspiration for the term "transparent speakers"?
    Hey, somebody needed to say it...

To borrow from someone else around here recently.

7bt1f7v11nch.jpeg
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2467408#Comment_2467408
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,026
    Thread sure went off topic. :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,295
    I've received requests to either close or delete this thread because members are being contentious and disrespectful of each other. Please don't bait other members with snarky comments or post combative replies.

Waaaaaa......Ken those guys are picking on little old me......make em stop Ken!!
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,653
    I've received requests to either close or delete this thread because members are being contentious and disrespectful of each other. Please don't bait other members with snarky comments or post combative replies.

Waaaaaa......Ken those guys are picking on little old me......make em stop Ken!!

Right, like no one ever told them to put a sock in it before.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Allright, boys. I asked Ken to kill the thread. My issue was with how some of you pile on people you don't agree with. Thanks for validating my concerns.

And with that I wish you a happy new year and I'll stay off this forum.
    Polk SDA SRS
    Yamaha M-65 (2x, bi-amped)
    Pioneer Elite SC-99
    Oppo UDP-203
    Polk CS350 center
    Polk MC-60 4x Atmos
    Polk AB700 4X surround
  • halohalo Posts: 5,189
    Allright, boys. I asked Ken to kill the thread. My issue was with how some of you pile on people you don't agree with. Thanks for validating my concerns.

Wait....

Is that how this hobby works???

I just agree with everybody all of the time???

Whoa! Man have I been doing this the wrong way for a long time!

Thanks for the insight and for helping us to keep it in perspective.

Oh, BTW, if you're not coming back (ever), why would anyone want to fulfill your requests?
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,653
    Allright, boys. I asked Ken to kill the thread. My issue was with how some of you pile on people you don't agree with. Thanks for validating my concerns.

Since it was YOUR issue keep it to yourself. No one appointed you to police the forum.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,330
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Thread sure went off topic. :)

Ha! Like that's never happened before... Okay, back from my Mid-West Christmas visit. My Wireworld Mini-eclipse 7's were here waiting for me! Played a couple tunes through my reference CD's with the Monster Z-series first to get kind of a baseline and let the amps warm up.

Swapping out to the Mini's, the banana clips are a much better quality. They fit tight! Strings and female vocals seem more life like and brighter. Almost too bright in a couple of moments but it could just be I haven't started drinking yet... Bass drum impact seems to be a little more defined as well.

My other pair I was looking at were the MIT Terminator 2's. I wonder how those would have matched with my setup.
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,026
    edited December 2018
    F1nut wrote: »

Since it was YOUR issue keep it to yourself. No one appointed you to police the forum.

Since he has 233 posts, and his name is ‘The_Polkster’, he must be entitled. LOL.

Happy New Year. :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,580
    This is an audio forum John, keep it that way

fjwdmu5r8t1l.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,426
    Got that on vinyl. Great stuff
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
    FWIW, I prefer Snagglepuss to Rush, but de gustibus non est disputandum (and, yes, I
    realize no one asked) :|
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,295
    edited December 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    This is an audio forum John, keep it that way

fjwdmu5r8t1l.jpg

I get that Ron, but sometimes you need to dumb things down for the kiddies.

Great album btw B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,379

It's NOT just not agreeing, there's plenty of different (read : good) opinions here. I think the issue is the closed-minded approach to some topics by the same few people, over and over again, revolving around similar subjects. I say this because once upon a time, after I offered up a cable for people to try for themselves, no one accepted. I honestly didn't give a damn if there was a difference heard or not, I had zero expectations and would have accepted any reviews as truthful. And yet, no one bothered. I wonder why.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,295
    Back on topic.....I changed out my dreadnaught speakon interconnects recently from "Sonic Impact" wiring to Mit wiring. I did this mainly because I needed longer interconnects because of rack changes and was not expecting any sonic benefits. Well I'll be damned there is a sonic benefit. It's especially noticeable in the vocals and impossible to overlook or deny. Her that can hear better than me mentioned "that's almost spooky as it sounds like he's right here in the room". This is the comment I heard after playing one of her favorite cd's. Thanks f1nut you were right once again!!!
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 584
    Upgraded my no name interconnects yesterday to AudioQuest Black Mamba II Audio Interconnects going from my Yamaha 2070 to my Outlaw 5000 and noticed a big improvement in sound.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Fios.
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 809

What is this world coming too....

Will 2019 be the year that the polk site catches up with the “everyone gets a trophy” mentality??

2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, 2 REL Carbon Limited, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Vizio M-75

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Bed Room
    Yamaha YSP-5100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 70"

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,295
    We got badges now...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,287
    We got badges now...

Big BEAUTIFUL badges B) B)
  • verbverb Posts: 7,637
    edited January 1
    Well this was a great read for kicking off 2019! I'm glad @KennethSwauger it's not closed.

Data, analysis, opinions, facts, experimentation, history, passion, and yes, bantering - all the necessary ingredients for a great thread!

Getting my learn on along my journey! I'm at the point now (I believe) where my gear will show differences in performance with cables. Looking forward to it!

Keep it up fellas! And gals! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,998
    I'm happy with my Wire World's, Mit's,AQ's, and Signals. I'm fine where I'm at but I'm sure there are improvements that could be made.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • K_MK_M Posts: 1,381

I say this because once upon a time, after I offered up a cable for people to try for themselves, no one accepted. I honestly didn't give a damn if there was a difference heard or not, I had zero expectations and would have accepted any reviews as truthful. And yet, no one bothered. I wonder why.

Catch 22.

Someone skeptical takes up your offer, and says "ehh no improvement or change" they get told they "lack hearing ability, do not know what to listen for, or they do not have resolving enough equipment"

Several "pile on"
    Happens in every cable thread.

But no one questions a claim of an improvement, no matter how grand the description or how impossible it seems.

Double standard.
    Any positive claim, no matter how huge or possibly inflated is never to be questioned, never requires any proof.

That to me and many is the crux of the issue.
    You either believe the "Claims" or disagree and get piled on....

Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4,SDA 3.1TL, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-Sold
    Epos-Now gone
    Infinity-Sold
    Advent-Now gone
    Yamaha A-S801
    Yamaha RX-V377
    Yamaha RX-A860
    Yamaha RX-A3060
    Harman Kardon Hk-350i
    Harman Kardon Hk-........
    Harman Kardon PM-665
    Harman Kardon HK-775
    Pioneer.......Stereo Receiver

It's NOT just not agreeing, there's plenty of different (read : good) opinions here. I think the issue is the closed-minded approach to some topics by the same few people, over and over again, revolving around similar subjects. I say this because once upon a time, after I offered up a cable for people to try for themselves, no one accepted. I honestly didn't give a damn if there was a difference heard or not, I had zero expectations and would have accepted any reviews as truthful. And yet, no one bothered. I wonder why.

Must've been before my time! Does your offer still stand? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub

Well @The_Polkster I hope you reconsider. Debate is always healthy. This type of discourse adds to the learning experience. A little jabbing back and forth is healthy too. We all have been on the receiving (and giving) ends of the jabbing.

I too wish you a happy new year! :smile: