Showcase your setups

Comments

• ^^My bad.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Milito wrote: »
    Updated pic with my new 900F and HSU VTF-2 MK5 sub. Nice improvement over the PSW505. Wife was not happy about the size of it, lol.

tkn64o0v985o.jpg

See if you can try this.

Move the right speaker out to the light switch, put the plant between the speaker and stand. Swap the left speaker and sub.

Like your setup VTF subs are great with the tuning. I have mine with 4" port open EQ2 and Q @ 5.5.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    And pull away from back wall so front of speaker is just past entertainment ctr
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    joecoulson wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Kinda hokey compared to to others here but great ambiance.

1s0dq58z2i8i.jpg

That an HD radio tuner in that rack?

Yes. A Sangean. Sorry for the slow response...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I can't move the right speaker over as there is a sofa you don't see in the picture, it's a narrow space there. I usually have the speakers further forward, but moved them back for the holidays.

BTW, I appreciate all of the advice. That room is smaller than I would like for it to be and I'm very limited to what I can do in that room. My next house if there is one will have a larger main room so I can be more flexible in my setup. That room is the main thing I don't like about our house.

Here's a picture of what I mean.

txb0ksb8g7vh.jpg

I'd try it anyway see how it is once done. Once it's toed in a tad it might not be that bad. Are you able to at least swap the sub and left speaker?

Trust me I know a lot about the WAF when placing speakers.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    mrloren wrote: »
    I can't move the right speaker over as there is a sofa you don't see in the picture, it's a narrow space there. I usually have the speakers further forward, but moved them back for the holidays.

BTW, I appreciate all of the advice. That room is smaller than I would like for it to be and I'm very limited to what I can do in that room. My next house if there is one will have a larger main room so I can be more flexible in my setup. That room is the main thing I don't like about our house.

Here's a picture of what I mean.

txb0ksb8g7vh.jpg

I'd try it anyway see how it is once done. Once it's toed in a tad it might not be that bad. Are you able to at least swap the sub and left speaker?

Trust me I know a lot about the WAF when placing speakers.

Problem is a chair goes when the tree is so there isn't much room. When the tree goes down after the holidays I'll see what I can do, but I think it might not look good and you know how my wife will feel about that.

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • joecoulson
    Russ what are those monoblocks?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Russ what are those monoblocks?

Rogue Audio M180’s I think... definitely Rogue Audio though.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    lightman1 wrote: »
    m00qfv3phuw6.jpg
    I'm back at the warehouse....
    Radiohead OK Computer spinning through the Infinity RSb. Yup.....

How about a rundown on all the equipment in the photo young man?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    So how do you like the VTF-2 MK5 compared to the SVS?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited December 2018
    So how do you like the VTF-2 MK5 compared to the SVS?

The jury is still out. The idea was to replace both of the other subs while gaining some extension and perhaps output. (I was using the Martin Logan just for 2 channel coming out of the peachtree and the SVS just for LFE; but the ML was always on and made the Dynaudio's full range which also helped with HT). I am still dialing it in for both. I definitely like it better for music as it fills my large family room (that spills into kitchen and living room) better. I think I finally just about have it dialed in, so hopefully will get to watch a good movie on it this weekend to really test it out...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • egurgqymi2wz.jpg
    lrbcfw171zlb.jpg

Gots me a rack. I have been swapping between the SDAs and the ERA bookshelves. Those bookshelf speakers are killers, obviously they can't touch the SDAs in overall presentation but they are great in their own way.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    What are those bookies?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M wrote: »
    What are those bookies?

ERA/Peachtree Audio Design 5s. I won them in a Karma from TonyB, they are a fun speaker and SOAK up power. They pump out some serious bass for their size, it took me by surprise. They can almost keep up with the SDAs on bass output. The high end is a little laid back which I like, the differences between the two speaker models keeps things fun switching back and forth.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/era/era.html
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2018
    Thanks... :)

Nice Karma! B)

You're a lucky dude! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I took this picture this afternoon after the great home theater renovation of 2018, which included a new wall mount for the TV, 100’ of split loom cable tubing, roughly 1,000,000 zip ties, and various other tweaks. It also includes the PS4 that I acquired back in November.

ls41i3y3h6sd.jpeg

I think you should have splurged for 1000001 zip ties. Doesn't look quite right. 😉
  • joecoulson
    Looks great John!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    What happened to those BE-10's you had? The ones from Iowa or MN I think it was....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    DSkip wrote: »
    Current room situation.

ja01mzfflzi8.jpeg
    h0otz1inmsfu.jpeg

That is a strange way to do room treatments, but hey if it works for you who am I to argue......
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    I took this picture this afternoon after the great home theater renovation of 2018, which included a new wall mount for the TV, 100’ of split loom cable tubing, roughly 1,000,000 zip ties, and various other tweaks. It also includes the PS4 that I acquired back in November.

ls41i3y3h6sd.jpeg

Great job, and I just saw it on Reddit too!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    DSkip wrote: »
    Current room situation.

ja01mzfflzi8.jpeg
    h0otz1inmsfu.jpeg

Cool looking set ups and looks like a lot of fun to be had by trying out different combinations. So what are your thoughts on the big Mac?
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    John M. New theater room looks great. What seating brand did you go with and are you happy with them so far? Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Love it Joe! Those Elacs look fantastic
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • joecoulson
    Thank You Zach!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Changed quite a lot since I started this thread 4 months ago. But here is the latest.

43prg4y5cvbr.jpeg

Pretty sweet looking setup you've got there Joe! Rock on man!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10