The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I don’t understand how a brand new car can be riddled with rust underneath it. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Giving it back was a good decision.

To be honest the corvette will probably be more fun anyway :smile:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    I don’t understand how a brand new car can be riddled with rust underneath it. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Giving it back was a good decision.

The underbody was not as bad as feared. Light oxidation on some of the aluminum is all I could see.

An update here is that the car has already been sold... to my best friend's brother in law! He lives just a couple miles from me, so I will be seeing the car from time to time, and if he does decide to sell, I am first up. He flips cars like most change underwear. He is also looking at payments of over 2k a month for 84 months! We were going to pay cash...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    hope the happy owner's getting gap insurance ;)
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    “2k a month for 84 months!”

YIKES!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Sounds like PFB is a consultant on this thread....so what was the selling price and the loan % .....just doesn't sound right knowing what others have paid and what their payments are...................oh well I like the thread on the hellcat boards better..............done posting on this fairy tale with no pictures thread....bottom line be the wife said no and you listened......nothing more nothing less mama said no Demon and thus no Demon end of story...................
  • mhardy6647
    I hope not, as it's nice to have yet another reason to throw FCA under the bus. I'd like to think that they effed the car up royally; sounds like (mo)par for the course to me.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176

The underbody was not as bad as feared. Light oxidation on some of the aluminum is all I could see.

An update here is that the car has already been sold... to my best friend's brother in law! He lives just a couple miles from me, so I will be seeing the car from time to time, and if he does decide to sell, I am first up. He flips cars like most change underwear. He is also looking at payments of over 2k a month for 84 months! We were going to pay cash...

That's a nice mortgage payment! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Sounds like PFB is a consultant on this thread....so what was the selling price and the loan % .....just doesn't sound right knowing what others have paid and what their payments are...................oh well I like the thread on the hellcat boards better..............done posting on this fairy tale with no pictures thread....bottom line be the wife said no and you listened......nothing more nothing less mama said no Demon and thus no Demon end of story...................

128k, including taxes, plus 15k upside down on a Hellcat and interest of 30k, divided by 84 months equals 2059.00 a month. Would be happy to post a copy of the transport claim if you like... my pictures are too big for me to email and too big to post without resizing them, but I will get around to it .
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    guess you should have sold it for twice what ya paid for it when you had the so called offer............................ $30,000 interest.... damn is Tony B financing this?? never doubted there is a car,followed your thread on hellcat so I know the car is real...

do doubt anyone offered this though...jmho.....

"It is a risk, but given the track record of other very low volume cars and the historic nature of this particular car, it is a risk worth taking. I already have an offer on the table at double my buy price"...

Bottom line....at the end of the day Mama said no

end of story.....i would bet that even in perfect shape you would have made the same decision...well at least according to your posts on another board.......
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2018
    I should have taken the offer, but it dealt with having to ship the car to the Middle East, and given the possibility for a scam, I chose not to. The post on the other board are quite clear. If the car was perfect or at least 98 of 100, it would be outside right now. I would ask that if you have an issue, keep it on the other board, otherwise, stay out of my thread, as you already said you were.

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    2 of the 6 Trackhawks at my buddy's dealership have extensive aluminum oxidation on the various engine brackets/components under the hood so the oxidation on the Demon doesn't surprise me in any way at all.

As much as I like my JGC, once it is paid off and we begin shopping for a toy, I doubt I will even consider an FCA pony car and will most likely be looking to Ford or Chevy barring a windfall and the purchase of something more exotic. Hehe.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    ^ there just something sexy about the rear of the latest generation mustangs.... That's where I'd be leaning.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    verb wrote: »

That's a nice mortgage payment! :smile:

In California that mortgage payment would get you a 1200 sf condo ....
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ^ there just something sexy about the rear of the latest generation mustangs.... That's where I'd be leaning.

I'm holding out for the GT500. Though a local dealer does some customization that gets 700+ ponies under the hood.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »

I'm going to the web to look at the new Mustangs styling now. I did. That whole car looks awesome! The rear looks like a 69 fastback. <3 That hood and grill look customized. <3 NICE!

How about the front end of the new Camry's? :pB)
    vy8vcetzrokf.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    I dunno, maybe there's a 900 HP Camry comin'?!
    Maybe a hybrid...

ahem
  • Tony M
    maxward wrote: »
    It looks like it’s filter feeding.

It's filtering out all the generic other plain looking cars. ;)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Tony, if you like the pics on the web, you should see one in person. :Drool: especially if it's dropped about an inch all around. Really changes it's attitude.
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I dunno, maybe there's a 900 HP Camry comin'?!
    Maybe a hybrid...

ahem
    _____

For 15,000.00, A used 2015 Camry Hybrid is one FAST family ROCKET. So how many family members, aunts, uncles and cousins could own a 2015 Hybrid for 130,000.00?

It's all in what we PERSONALLY rationalize fun to be, isn't it? And what we can afford. :)

Or invest in?
  • verb
    Admittedly, I'm not a import guy, but have worked on many projects with our Asian partners past and present. Nothing like NASCAR to get the folks in the dealerships on Monday! :smile:
    6sj6px2yg8wx.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    For balance :smile: The production SS is V8 powered!
    on5o4kd3so82.png
  • Tony M
    edited April 2018
    ^^^^^^

My wife would <3 IT! :D

SERIOUSLY!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Holy Mackeral. You may have some local celebrities knocking on your door asking for a ride! What a beautiful car.

The Demon has no passenger seats.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Tony M
    Does it only seat one?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    The 1971 Demon only has one seat.

z2azmmr8r07i.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Holy Mackeral. You may have some local celebrities knocking on your door asking for a ride! What a beautiful car.

The seats were optional, for 1 dollar.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505

Was the one you spec’d with or without the passenger seat? Rear seat for sure not optional right?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640

Was the one you spec’d with or without the passenger seat? Rear seat for sure not optional right?

$1 got you the passenger and rear seats.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
This discussion has been closed.