The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    hrSrrBd.gif
    Got a call from a good friend that works there... the bottom of the car is covered in rust, the hood has an 18” long scratch in the satin finish, the driver door has half dozen deep scratches in it, and the rear bumper looks to be cracked where it attaches to the body.

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    ..If that is the case, I am going to get my deposit back...

...Plus interest, man!!

That sucks John!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,013
    John...that just can't be true....can it?

Maybe your friend is jerking your chain. :#

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    Tony M wrote: »
    John...that just can't be true....can it?

Maybe your friend is jerking your chain. :#

She would not do that.... They already started the transport claim for warranty repairs. The body shop at this dealership sucks, so not interested if in needs to go there for rework.

That said, she told me that it is by far the best looking Demon they have seen come off the truck.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    They should pay for stressed extended wait times as well..............one would think these puppies would be watched 24/7......sorry to hear this after so long.................
  • Tony M
    Sorry to hear it's true.

First your SACD player and now this.

What a year so far for you. :#

But your son did have his 1st birthday. :)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Abandon ship and move on, those cars should have been handled with kid gloves as they rolled out....utterly BS IMHO
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    That really sucks! It's bad enough when the stealership f's you over, but this is just unbelievable. Chrysler quality for you...
  • Tony M
    These cars were SPECIAL and SPECIAL ORDERED.

I agree the cars should've been handled with kid gloves too!

RUST on any part of that car is unbelieveably mind-blowing. :s

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Except maybe the rotors.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    edited April 2018
    Pic's or it didn't happen :D:D
  • nooshinjohn
    Trying to upload, but the file size is way to big... how do I re-size?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    They are 25mb....

• nooshinjohn
    Have one on the way.... Inside the driver's door opening, you can tell where someone at the factory went nuts with a buffer because the entire inside of the jamb is caked with compound residue. The scratches on the hood are very subtle, and the scratches on the door are just deep enough to need a respray. The underbody shows no rust, at least as I would describe it, but there is the type of oxidation you expect to see when aluminum is exposed to the elements. This can even be found on some components under the hood, such as the intake.

Perhaps I am expecting far too much from the car, but I did drive it around the block, and all I can say is HOLY F...................................................................

This thing is FAST, and DANGEROUS if you do not respect what this wild animal can do, and will do if you don't know what you are doing. You can have a grin like the Joker, or a couple shillings placed on your eyelids to give St. Peter when you meet him.

• nooshinjohn
    nbrowser wrote: »
    They are 25mb....

Try one...add hotmail.com to my username here...

Sent... thanks.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    This thing is FAST

Ridiculous fast. Almost 900hp? Forget about it. Have fun, be careful.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    The difference is the generations. Today we have baby boomers reliving their youth from the muscle car era. Millennials don't care about those things, heck a good percentage don't even drive, so to think there will be the demand for muscle cars 20 years from now doesn't make sense.

^^^ what he said! Now a vintage Prius on the other hand...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Nice choice on the color. She looks niiice!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Nightfall
    edited April 2018
    How much do those tires run? I'd be scared to find out. I just took off my snow tires and put summer tires on, my set of summer tires were done. $58 a tire brand new, most expensive ones they had. :D

That car is sex on wheels.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Yes, it is a nice looking car. Does it have just the driver's seat, or did you get the entire seat?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Clipdat
    Does it still have the helper springs installed for shipping or something? What's up with that ridiculous rear wheel gap?
  • Nightfall
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Does it still have the helper springs installed for shipping or something? What's up with that ridiculous rear wheel gap?

Extra room for when you stomp on it and the rear end squats down?

• nooshinjohn
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

Extra room for when you stomp on it and the rear end squats down?

Good theory, Google up classic Gasser Dragsters, they sit rather high on the axles. I'd surmise this to gain the most weight shift to the rear axle to provide as much traction as possible at launch.

That is exactly right. This car transfers weight to the rear like no other factory car ever has. The car seems very compliant and easy to drive if you use featherweight pedal application, but if you think you can just drive it like a regular car and push the gas pedal like you would in a regular car, it will get away from you faster than you can blink.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    That is one bada$$ looking machine!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    BlueFox wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

Yes, it is a nice looking car. Does it have just the driver's seat, or did you get the entire seat?

The car is fully optioned, including the sunroof. The only item I did not check off was the blackout on the roof and trunk.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    VERY nice!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Holy Mackeral. You may have some local celebrities knocking on your door asking for a ride! What a beautiful car.
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • Clipdat
    Are you going to accept it even with all the cosmetic dealer installed flaws that you mentioned earlier?
    The car is fully optioned, including the sunroof. The only item I did not check off was the blackout on the roof and trunk.

• nooshinjohn
    Not sure yet what direction it will take. The wife and I are going tommorow to see it in direct sunlight. The hood cannot be corrected without being painted. I also learned my car was one of the units that had rear main seal issues, which explains the nearly three month delay from build date to ship date.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    Very nice John. They should bend over backwards to make you 1000% satisfied. Can't blame you one bit for being upset.
This discussion has been closed.