Hi Sal

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited January 2018
    Just gonna drop this here:

LAPD Electric BMWs Appear Unused Or Misused
    But sources say some personnel are reluctant to use the electric cars because they can only go 80-100 miles on a charge.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Saw these today at our little town’s grocery store...

1gkqmrioeke6.jpeg
    z720lvrmpj9d.jpeg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    scubalab wrote: »

1gkqmrioeke6.jpeg
    z720lvrmpj9d.jpeg

Wow there's more there than my whole town
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Sal.....
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Lots of Teslas in the vicinity of Hanover NH (Dartmouth College) -- there's a Tesla charging station at one of the local shopping centers (in the sales tax free shopping Mecca that is Lebanon, NH) that's about like that. They do good "business", too.

More than a few Leafs (Leaves?) and Volts in the area, too.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,628
    edited February 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Lots of Teslas in the vicinity of Hanover NH (Dartmouth College) -- there's a Tesla charging station at one of the local shopping centers (in the sales tax free shopping Mecca that is Lebanon, NH) that's about like that. They do good "business", too.

More than a few Leafs (Leaves?) and Volts in the area, too.

Plus, there is a DiAngelo's Subs right across the road. And a great beer store too. :p

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited February 2018
    This is a great thread! Sans Sal's posts of course, but I can imagine! I can only imagine owning a Leaf within eyeshot of a charging station:
    3dmzlsiu4zc4.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    Nice lookin' wheels on that Leaf ^^^
  • EndersShadow
    Ironically I'm not even sure where the nearest charging station is in Indy (I've never seen one anywhere I drive lol).... yet we have a Tesla dealership in the mall, go figure....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    Ironically I'm not even sure where the nearest charging station is in Indy (I've never seen one anywhere I drive lol).... yet we have a Tesla dealership in the mall, go figure....

that could be kind of important, vis-a-vis a Tesla purchasing decision ;)
  • EndersShadow
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

that could be kind of important, vis-a-vis a Tesla purchasing decision ;)

Its in the richy rich "Fashion" mall.... so people with more money than sense.......

So they can buy it as their, you know 5th car to go along side their porshe or lambo and drive when they want people to talk about how "environmentally friendly" as they drive to the yacht club to get on their super green 20 foot yacht :astonished:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    There is no such thing as a 20 foot yacht. That's more or less a dinghy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2018
    F1nut wrote: »

Lol. Well boats aren’t my forte obviously :smile:
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341

How is this ironic?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • pitdogg2

Dan's a city slicker ....I.E. it was bigger that a Jon boat ;)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101

He meant... 20 feet

WIDE!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    Since yacht is a Dutch term, it's designated as being 10 meters long or more which is roughly 33 feet at least.

So if you have a 20 foot boat with a cabin, it's not a yacht, it's a cruiser or cabin cruiser.

That's for pleasure craft. There's also no upper limit on the yacht size for pleasure craft. They just have classes of yachts like mega-yacht or super-yacht.

For commercial or other industrial applications like a warship, there is no designation for a ship below yacht that I know of. Anything smaller than 30 feet is typically a launch or other small support vessel/boat. A yacht is a ship. A cruiser is significantly larger than a yacht. But a yacht of that class is typically around 100-200 feet long depending on intended mission and in regards to sailing yachts, the rigging type as well.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • EndersShadow
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Dan's a city slicker ....I.E. it was bigger that a Jon boat ;)

Dan is also in the country surrounded by a sea of corn, not much water large enough to actually put a boat on..... Closest large body of water is Lake Michigan.... and we never headed north for vacations lol......

Next time I will just stick with a jet analogy instead lol........
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Down here you can surf the waves from the container ships. I've had the waves almost crash my boat into the gas wells while fishing

https://youtu.be/TwY4yv0dWMQ

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Slalom water skiing next to barges is exciting on the Illinois river. That will pucker your bottom end. You definitely do not want to fall.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    3uyjyji7dpc1.jpg
    Well someone has to post it.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    hp01x0xdmlnw.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    Sal is lost in space.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Geez Dan...time to hit the west coast and see the MASSIVE container ships...your eyes would pop outta yer head. Hell we got vehicle ferries the size of smaller cruise ships!

Not a West Coast kinda guy.... for many many reasons lol.....
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Down here you can surf the waves from the container ships. I've had the waves almost crash my boat into the gas wells while fishing

Forget the surfing.... I'd be ALL OVER the Fishing. Thats the only thing that sucks about my location...... Fishing in Indiana sucks, Fishing at Lake Cumberland aint much better.....

I either gotta head down to Southern TN/Northern GA or farther south, or head up to Northern WI and MN for their lakes.....
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Slalom water skiing next to barges is exciting on the Illinois river. That will pucker your bottom end. You definitely do not want to fall.

Eh, that sounds like too much work.... I do occasionally tube, though my vigor for it was tempered a bit due to the last time I went we were a bit crazy and we got up to 50mph on my buddys boat before I wiped out........ That one hurt quite a bit even as I think about it now lol.....

• mhardy6647
    I like the Farmers' ad meme -- but then again, I like the real Farmers ads. :)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    scubalab wrote: »

1gkqmrioeke6.jpeg
    z720lvrmpj9d.jpeg

At Mejer here in Bolingbrook, we have that that same layout on the side of the parking lot.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Tesla Uber

x2v2vh1buljh.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • On a somewhat side note, in order to meet stricter new California environmental restrictions, NASA is requiring astronauts to clean up after themselves prior to being allowed re-entry.

ww4qpoag5p20.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited February 2018
    uvw0y9rncs0z.jpeg

Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson