• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Welcome back.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    edited December 2016
    Yep2 wrote: »
    I would think he got a bad rap... Never a cross word to anyone. Cast aside for beinging a lover/ fanatic of "Green".

Except he's on record here stating he said/did stuff to get a "rise" out of members....there's a word for that... I lost a little respect for him at that point. Up until that point Sal was an upstanding member here. We'll welcome him back until he steps off the edge again.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    Who the heel is Sal?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    Sal is....was Laserath.

He left after some dust up over opinions and trolling. As pitdogg2 says, he was on record here stating that he deliberately antagonizes and goads people into fights online. Of course it's gone now because he got put in timeout or something and basically rage quit after that and asked to have his account deleted. That took all his posts with him too. So there are smatterings of conversations across Club Polk where people are talking to him but since his posts are gone, it looks like they are talking to an imaginary friend or the voices or something.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    Oh. Was he the Prius dude?

(a case of multiple reactions. couldn't decide between insightful and lol. went with insightful, because it was more just like a cstm (chuckle silently to myself) and we don't have one of those)
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jstas
    He has a Nissan Leaf.

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    msg wrote: »
    Oh. Was he the Prius dude?

(a case of multiple reactions. couldn't decide between insightful and lol. went with insightful, because it was more just like a cstm (chuckle silently to myself) and we don't have one of those)

LOL, no, he has a Nissan Leaf.
    And with gas prices in Jersey about equal to what the rest of the country pays, I am sure he smiles every day when he drives to work :)

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I miss Sal.
    His EV threads were just shy of "spectacular!" and really united everyone of the forum.

I've since gone green and now drive an eco-diesel 1500......more light green i suppose.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    I drive a Ram 5500. 6.7L of ozone killing power. But it does have the DEF system......
  • mrbiron
    DEF is made from cow urine.......how does this stuff work!

I've since stopped buying DEF and fill'r up myself!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    2004 F150 Lariat 4x4 here.
    Just a shade over 5700lbs. but I try to drive downhill whenever I can...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • lightman1
    :D I tried whizzing in the tank as well.
    Totally shut down the system and green smoke belched from the exhaust pipe.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.
  • mrbiron
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.

Ditto!
    Wait, he's in Colorado.....Tree Smoker!
  • Jstas
    1lightningengine.jpg

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Jstas wrote: »
    1lightningengine.jpg

I'd love to have this in the front end of my '98 F150...giggity giggity!

I'd love to have this in the front end of my '10 Corolla...boo-ya!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    It's the engine in my truck. Supercharged 5.4L. In spec classes in racing, it should be in the categories with less than 400 ci or 6.0L but it gets pushed into the upper categories because 2.0L of supercharger gives it 7.4L of effective displacement.

It needs 92 or better octane.

Has a 25 gallon tank.

Still a $50 fill up if I fill up at just under a 1/4 tank.

Only gets about 13 MPG.

It's, like, the anti-Prius.

But ZOMG! When you hit the GO button! 475-500 horsepower...625-650 pound feet of torque...it shifts da earf on it's axis if it gets traction and sounds like demon spawn from Hades while it's doing it too!

It's not....ummm...."green".

Only seats 2, though, so no HOV lanes for me!

l6f75i80f2t8.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    1lightningengine.jpg

If it can't beat Sal's Leaf off the line, then its moot!
    13mpg....now that is more of a toxic green.

Look at all the fun we're having with the mere mention.......aside from celebrity deaths, this is how i want to bring in the New Year.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    The engine probably weighs more than a whole Leaf does.
    Well -- maybe not, unless the batteries aren't counted :)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    You know -- come to think of it -- it's kind of surprising that the Japanese auto makers didn't extend the time honored tradition of batteries not included for electric & hybrid vehicles.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,636
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    It's the engine in my truck. Supercharged 5.4L. In spec classes in racing, it should be in the categories with less than 400 ci or 6.0L but it gets pushed into the upper categories because 2.0L of supercharger gives it 7.4L of effective displacement.

It needs 92 or better octane.

Has a 25 gallon tank.

Still a $50 fill up if I fill up at just under a 1/4 tank.

Only gets about 13 MPG.

It's, like, the anti-Prius.

But ZOMG! When you hit the GO button! 475-500 horsepower...625-650 pound feet of torque...it shifts da earf on it's axis if it gets traction and sounds like demon spawn from Hades while it's doing it too!

It's not....ummm...."green".

Only seats 2, though, so no HOV lanes for me!

l6f75i80f2t8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AutosyChicass/videos/1650325551909276/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Pfft...
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    Didn't sal post a picture of himself on the can at his work or home showing us how small the bathroom was?...
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Sal is good people by me, you'll hear nothing but good things from me about the guy. I bought my CRS+s that I fixed up from him. We hung out for hours at his place listening to his 1.2TLs. I think his video documentation of his restoration project served as motivation to a lot of people on this forum to go and embark on similar projects. I don't think I would have even thought about doing the veneer on my speakers if I hadn't seen Sal's speakers on here first.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,566
    ^ Calm down there a bit. You gonna make him overcharge his LEAF batteries.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.