Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• Ctxx24
    Ctxx24 Posts: 66

It's very legit and all mf warranty are honored.. Bought from them a few times
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    That's where I picked up my receiver, no issues so far. I was planning on standing pat for a while, but if this deal is still around in a couple months when my finances loosen up some I might have to pull the trigger. Under $500 for a pair, delivered? Wow
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • Well I am in Canada and paid 798 Canadian for my pair of S60 and free delivery from an electronics store here in Canada. I think for the price you can get these speakers for it is a no brainer. Polk has done a great job with these speakers as far as I am concerned
  • Ctxx24
    Who here has s15s on speaker stands and what stand thanks
  • djdel002
    djdel002 Posts: 6
    edited January 2018
    Ctxx24 wrote: »
    Hi Ct,

Not sure what your budget is but I'm using cheap Sanus stands. They look cheap up close, but ok for the price. $50
    I will probably upgrade to better ones at one point but for now they're ok.

IF you can spend more there are much better options also depending on the height you want. Mine are 31".

Also I use Bluetack to keep them in place . I wouldn't even consider not using Bluetack.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006JQ5O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FGLX72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Ctxx24
    djdel002 wrote: »
    Hi Ct,

Not sure what your budget is but I'm using cheap Sanus stands. They look cheap up close, but ok for the price. $50
    I will probably upgrade to better ones at one point but for now they're ok.

IF you can spend more there are much better options also depending on the height you want. Mine are 31".

Also I use Bluetack to keep them in place . I wouldn't even consider not using Bluetack.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006JQ5O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FGLX72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They say the top plate is only 5x5 that seems pretty small.. Price is ok and height is good tho..
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616

I used my S15s with the TransDeco Speaker Stands, 32-Inch and they work brilliantly together. I've moved on from the bookies but still have the stands and I'd be willing to let them go as I'll have no use for them when we move.

31OohIpJhzL.jpg
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Ctxx24
    halo wrote: »

I used my S15s with the TransDeco Speaker Stands, 32-Inch and they work brilliantly together. I've moved on from the bookies but still have the stands and I'd be willing to let them go as I'll have no use for them when we move.

31OohIpJhzL.jpg

How much? I would imagine they aren't cheap to ship
  • Ctxx24
    edited January 2018
    If anyone is interested in the s55s they are onky 162 each right now on Amazon.. That's cheap!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I would love to get a pair of S55 in here to compare with the Q Acoustic floor standers.
  • Ctxx24
    Not sure if it's a screw up on their end or what..
  • Ctxx24
    What does anyone think of getting some s60s for the front and moving my 55s to the rear?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Others, have had towers in front and back and seem to like it, try it and see. However, if you don't like it, make sure you have somewhere else where you can hook up the second pair of towers.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Ctxx24
    I'm really wondering how different they are gs the 55s if it's worth it.. Or if they would need more power.. I don't use a amp
  • Try it and let us know
  • Ctxx24
    I prolly won't be trying it.. My room is only 10x10 with short ceilings.. I'm sure I wouldn't benefit much
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    What does anyone think of getting some s60s for the front and moving my 55s to the rear?

in a 10 by 10 room ? overkill....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Ctxx24
    tonyb wrote: »

in a 10 by 10 room ? overkill....

Exactly why I chose not to get em.. Mine sound great
  • Ctxx24
    wkkfc3zea3tj.jpg
    Relocated my s10s from str8 overhead to angled at me and think they sound better..
  • D2Lo wrote: »
    @VoodooGTS asked me for a wall mounted shot of the S15 in a PM. I don't have one of those in our archive but I thought I'd share this wall mount shot of a Signature S10.

7mwvemzd1uaj.jpeg

I have my front stage polk audio s20's, polk audio s35, and klipsch r-10sw sub. I now have four of the polk audio s10 to place as rear surrounds and side surrounds.

Can you tell me what mount was used?

I would like my wall surrounds to have this same clean look with virtually no wall gap.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,465
    Mostly likely hung using the keyhole slot which is integrated into the power port.
  • Ctxx24
    D2Lo wrote: »
    @VoodooGTS asked me for a wall mounted shot of the S15 in a PM. I don't have one of those in our archive but I thought I'd share this wall mount shot of a Signature S10.

7mwvemzd1uaj.jpeg

I have my front stage polk audio s20's, polk audio s35, and klipsch r-10sw sub. I now have four of the polk audio s10 to place as rear surrounds and side surrounds.
    7d5xe7pja5uk.jpg

Can you tell me what mount was used?

I would like my wall surrounds to have this same clean look with virtually no wall gap.

You they have the built in hole.. I used it on my 10s but I wouldn't think about it with 15 or 20s.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    You they have the built in hole.. I used it on my 10s but I wouldn't think about it with 15 or 20s.
    Do the S20 have a keyhole mount built into the back? I thought they did not.

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Ctxx24
    Not sure about the 20s don't have then.. They are ridiculously huge..i wouldn't use them for rears.. Mains they would be good
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449

no they do not
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901

You they have the built in hole...

The older I get, the more I ask that question....don't ask me why. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Nice looking setup! The only thing that concerns me is no airspace above the Marantz receiver to allow it to vent it's heat.
    Synomenon wrote: »
    The S20s are pretty huge for bookshelf speakers and they look almost comical in the Audioengine DS2 stands I put them on, but the stands point the speakers up towards the listeners while not raising them up so high that they block the TV. Tried a couple of the foam stands from Amazon and the quality / finish of the foam stands were all sub-standard.

• I was worried about that too so I cut open the back of that nook in the TV stand the Marantz is in so there would be airflow moving over it either through the front or from the back.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    edited February 2018
    Nice. Well, usually they require at least a 3-6"+ or so of air space above the top vents, but maybe since it's their slimline series they run cooler.

As long as you are happy with the temps, then carry on. :)
    Synomenon wrote: »
    I was worried about that too so I cut open the back of that nook in the TV stand the Marantz is in so there would be airflow moving over it either through the front or from the back.