Show me your TT's !!!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Why have you gone through so many different tables? Just experimenting?
  • Clipdat
    Oh wow, so many in your collection!

Do they each have their own sound quality to them, aside from the fact that they have different cartridges?
    Dawgfish wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

Still have all of them. Will put one in the rotation for 2-4 weeks, than swap out. Love to listen to them all. I guess you can say I'm somewhat of a collector. Also have a Sony PS-X50, KAB modified Technics SL-1200 MK2, and Dual 1019. My friend is using the 1200, I'm working on speed issues with the PS-X50, and I'm restoring the Dual 1019.

• Clipdat
    That's cool. If I had all those (and time) I would spend a whole day just trying the same record on different tables until I found one that sounded the "best".

I'd like to try some of my records on different tables. All of my records have only ever been played on my Technics 1200 mk2.
    Yep they sure do. The collection runs the gamut from full manual, semi-auto, full auto, direct drive, belt drive, idler drive, straight arm, linear tracking arm, S-arm, etc. I find each has there own merits and distinct sound.

So often in the audio world you'll find so many generalizations, i.e belt drive is superior, low output moving could is superior, etc., etc. In addition to the different tables I have 35+ cartridges at this time from moving magnets, moving iron, low output moving cool, to high output moving coil. Trying all of these different types of tables and carts has reenforced one thing to me over and over again;. a well designed, well built, and carefully crafted piece of equipment is good no matter what their design type. I no longer get caught-up in absolutes, and enjoy each for their own merits!

• Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    That 1200 is a great table and an absolute classic! It is cool to get your ears on other decks though. Check out your local Craigslist. I have to warn you though, there is no known cure for the "sickness." Lol!
  • Clipdat
    Yeah trust me, I know. For some reason, I own 5 different CD players, and they're all hooked up.
    That 1200 is a great table and an absolute classic! It is cool to get your ears on other decks though. Check out your local Craigslist. I have to warn you though, there is no known cure for the "sickness." Lol!

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Harman Kardon T-60 with Dynavector Karat 23R cart

7do6sehxd37y.jpg

I like that line of h/k decks.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »

That table sold for 4000.00 new not too many years back. They were a limited run but WOW that is quite the premium he is looking for.

I thought that price seemed awfully high. I didn't know what the original price was, but even at 4k, that's quite a premium for it now...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

That table sold for 4000.00 new not too many years back. They were a limited run but WOW that is quite the premium he is looking for.

I thought that price seemed awfully high. I didn't know what the original price was, but even at 4k, that's quite a premium for it now...

That is a new table. All new guts not the same as the original older 1200 or 1200mk2.
    I actually was just reading about the newer incarnations of those 2 nights ago in a new audio mag. Technics spent a lot of time in R&D to bring those back out, about the only thing that is the same is the name.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    ttpyj2luebry.jpg
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Sony PS-X75 Biotracer with Technics EPC-205 MK3 cart

b0vo2bcdn6t6.jpg

A Tool fan - love it !!!
    BTW when are those guys coming out with a new album ???
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Oh wow, so many in your collection!

Do they each have their own sound quality to them, aside from the fact that they have different cartridges?

Still have all of them. Will put one in the rotation for 2-4 weeks, than swap out. Love to listen to them all. I guess you can say I'm somewhat of a collector. Also have a Sony PS-X50, KAB modified Technics SL-1200 MK2, and Dual 1019. My friend is using the 1200, I'm working on speed issues with the PS-X50, and I'm restoring the Dual 1019.

@Dawgfish You're an enabler !!! You got some nice TT's !!!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    ttpyj2luebry.jpg

Nice TT !!! Dude careful with that Stella !!!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Verb, every time you put a space between your sentence and your question marks or exclamation points, a 1959 Chevy is sent to the crusher.
  • verb
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    Here is my Thorens TD124. I have a few things to do to it before it's road worthy.

38982757385_02de9c43e1_c.jpg

Audio Technica AT-OC9/III for the TD124 (maybe).
    39171417774_c9f44abce0_c.jpg

Thorens TD160. With a Shure V15 III cartridge.
    39171426124_4afcc44626_c.jpg

Finally some Thorens!!! Beauteous!!!
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Verb, every time you put a space between your sentence and your question marks or exclamation points, a 1959 Chevy is sent to the crusher.

LOL sorry!!! Course corrected!!!
  • Viking64
    verb wrote: »

Nice!!! Just for that, I'll show you my turntable!!! :p

i5yv81knhy3u.jpg
  • verb
    My homage to @Dawgfish Sony PS-X75 Biotracer with Technics EPC-205 MK3 cart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK6nQyrhTWg
  • Viking64
    You fixed your exclamation points! Viking is happy!

ll74d0nrmi3x.jpg

• verb

Nice!!! Just for that, I'll show you my turntable!!! :p

i5yv81knhy3u.jpg

Sweet. Love the cardboard plinth!!!
  • Viking64
    I don't know what that means, but it sounds like you are making fun of Mike Tyson. :p
  • Clipdat
    I don't see any resemblance to Mike

jf2qqb8b3wma.png

I don't know what that means, but it sounds like you are making fun of Mike Tyson. :p

• verb

LOL!!! Plinth. Turntable plinth. Cardboard box. Cardboard plinth. Forget it. You're right. Not funny.