CABLE TALK??

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    An often missed "sub-topic" is the cables' topology, an its potential effects.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Joey_V wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I think my next audio purchase will be the new TOTL Shunyata Sigma speaker cables. Then we can some cable talk. All I can say now is that better cables have made a tremendous improvement in my system. When you find something that works then stick with it.

My local friend has a set, he loves them.

Mike, the Audioshark owner, is amazed by them, and puts them up against the mega-buck cables.

Personally, I am amazed they beat the Zitron Anaconda, which can pass a 10KHz square wave unchanged. Then again, they cost almost twice as much as the Anacondas. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    You mean....wire isn't just wire ? Oh say it ain't so lol

Couldn't help myself there, as we all heard the same song and dance over the years. It always makes me grin though, when someone who was skeptical tries it for themselves and becomes a believer. Which btw, opens yet another rabbit hole in this hobby.

Most of us will agree, ya have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • It's peace of mind. If you've invested heavily in higher quality cables you can rest easy knowing you've done all you can to get the most out of your equipment.

Personally, I believe room acoustics and speaker placement are far more important but that hasn't kept me from buying #12 copper for all of my speaker cables as well as gold or silver connectors.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    p4i6d98xiovy.jpg

(from the 'Hey - hold my beer' thread)
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    A pic of the ever elusive lightman?
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    All this talk of cables today.....UPS just now sent me a notice that my shipment of my new to me MIT speaker cables is going to be delayed getting here courtesy of Brody

I was hoping to have them for the weekend but it looks like that idea just went to hell.
  • BlueFox
    LOL. I went through that with my new preamp. It was supposed to arrive on the Friday before Xmas, then Saturday, and finally arrived late Tuesday night.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    I think my next audio purchase will be the new TOTL Shunyata Sigma speaker cables. Then we can some cable talk. All I can say now is that better cables have made a tremendous improvement in my system. When you find something that works then stick with it.

Had my 2016 review today at work. Placed an order for 2 meter Shunyata Sigma speaker cables with spades right after the review. Once I am used to the sound of the speaker cables I will be getting the Sigma XLR interconnects. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

Had my 2016 review today at work. Placed an order for 2 meter Shunyata Sigma speaker cables with spades right after the review. Once I am used to the sound of the speaker cables I will be getting the Sigma XLR interconnects. :)

Where’s my beer?

Lol, congrats on the cables.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    edited January 2018

Where’s my beer?

Waiting for the Super Bowl. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    You are welcome to deliver it if you like. Would be good to meet you in person.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505

Now that's baller
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    p4i6d98xiovy.jpg

(from the 'Hey - hold my beer' thread)

Good times.....
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Good times.....

That's racist!!!! :p

in52wf8m6wh3.jpg
  • Viking64
    Dyn-o-mite.
    A popular t-shirt, no doubt. But did it outsell The Fonz? :p

46miypowuobc.jpg
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885

Now that's baller

7500 bucks for speaker cables :sunglasses:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Those above are the Jecklin Float electrostatic headphones.
  • nooshinjohn
    There is so much polyester in that soul train video... I could only take it for a few seconds before my head wanted to explode.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    It is very much of its time :)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892

Boy the 70's stunk and it's been all downhill since.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited January 2018
    The real issue with high end wire is the haters actually have valid points. I will go on record to say most of high end wire is pure bull crap.
    Over the decades I've been in the business and a hobbyist with countless testing of all kinds of wire, my opinion holds true. Even in my favorite brands ( Audioquest, Kimber and Cardas) there are points where their cables also become bull crap. These companies are in the business to make the best cables they can BUT they also are in the market to make money. If they can sell it they will build it.
    Now with all that being said I could care less what anyone wants to buy use and for any reason. I'm not here to judge anyone. If you ask me about wire and want to know my option on a brand or what not I'm going to tell you without holding anything back.

When you spent as much time researching and hanging out with actual Electrical Engineers and manufactures of wire and products like speaker and amp companies as I have, you get to learn what **** is and what real science is behind creating a proper conductor.

The other issue is the other side of the fence who swears that wire X is the best stuff on the planet and puts their bull crap on other people and shame them for not agreeing. I find this equally as annoying and pointless as people who talk about wire doesn't matter.
    Both parties are retarded on all kinds of levels just so you ALL know. Your arguments are pointless and stupid both ways. Key words today is Pointless and Stupid.

This is why these threads go south because all of you can't get along without shaming each other. There are members in here who gang up on someone who doesn't drink their cool aid and then there are others who like to troll and get a raise out of said camp. Again both sides are just flat out retarded.

I would be apart of these groups if I went around saying if you don't use audioquest, Kimber or Cardas your stupid mental and shouldn't be on this forum. If you don't agree with me I should insult you personally and find ways to make you look worse then you already are. These are things I'm not interested in at all. At one time I use to get involved in pointless debates and shaming but I now think it's such a waste of MY time.

So you can choose to get involved in pointless debates or you can talk about cables in a civil sense. believe whatever you want to believe, buy whatever the F you want to buy just don't but your bull crap from either side on the other.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Viking64
    I have some cables.
  • Everybody has their own opinion on everything. Fortunately we all don't agree with each other.

The end
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.