Feel the hate thread

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Bad chili.....hate bad chili.

Took the grand kids snowboarding and went inside to grab some chili. I ask the 15 year old bimbo who couldn't remove herself from Facebook, "Is it homemade ? " She assures me it is but that she didn't make it. Thank God I thought to myself.

Big fat B.S. liar.....junk was Hormel chili out of a can, the nastiest sheet you'll ever put in your mouth.....next to actual sheet that is.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Is this one on here yet? Bicyclists! Why do they want the world and road to revolve around them?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Is this one on here yet? Bicyclists! Why do they want the world and road to revolve around them?

Couldn't agree more, they want to be treated like a car, but can't follow the same rules. Blowing red lights... I want to open my door and take one out. Problem is I don't want to scratch my door.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited September 2016
    I hate it when the bread won't rise quick enough! what is a Steak dinner without wine & dinner rolls?
    opps or a pot tat toe
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited September 2016
    voltz wrote: »
    I hate it when the bread won't rise quick enough! what is a Steak dinner without wine & dinner rolls?

sounds like steak, wine and matzo may be on the menu...
    Maybe time to break out the Manischewitz?

Manischewitz-Wine.jpg
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited September 2016
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

sounds like steak, wine and matzo may be on the menu...
    Maybe time to break out the Manischewitz?

Manischewitz-Wine.jpg

My Nana was a teetotaler, but every once in a while, out came the Manischewitz, or a Highball
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    opps or a pot tat toe

Amen brother, a man who gets it.

Now that Manischewitz on the other hand.....doesn't even classify as wine. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    edited September 2016
    Since this is the hate thread, I'll profess my hate for technology and our obsession with making stuff with built in obsolesce.

My bedroom tv, a 40 in. Samsung led, bit the dust after less than 2 years. Just enough to put it past the warranty period. Power supply....gone. So I go buy a Sony Bravia, and as usual no manual to speak of but since my other tv is a 4k Sony I had a good idea of what to do anyway. Set it all up, enter the code into the Comcast remote and the volume won't work on either the TV, or either remotes for the tv or Comcast. Spent 2 hours doing everything again, looking up fixes, blah blah.....turns out, you had to unplug the TV wait a few minutes and plug it back in.

The same day, my microwave over the range took a dump also. That at least was 15 years old so I got my use out of it.

It's time to just buy a new range and micro, as both are the same age and the range is about due to bite the dust anyway. Reading reviews of ranges....seems like they all make junk today. My old one is a Kitchen-aid Superba electric , been a good dependable work horse.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I hate trying to buy dryer parts through the Sears online parts center.

Sears, I don't care if it's a Maytag or a Roper or a fill-in-the-blank model, here's the GD 18-digit part #, now find it !!

BTW, Mr. H, I have it on good authority that Auto Zone sells their collected used motor oil to the Manischewitz company. Just sayin'.
    In a blind taste test, I'm pretty sure their "wines" would be beaten by Mad Dog 20/20. Just sayin'. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    "Mogen David wine is sold in 750mL, 1.5L, and 3L bottles. It is also Kosher for passover."

Mad Dog is Kosher?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    edited September 2016
    Took this pic the other day in front of walgreens....note the fooking trash can is just a few feet away. I live in a real nice area but there are still friggin' !diots around :#:#:#:# ...and yes I did pick the shiite up and throw it away
    sxaeaumj5xfm.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    y5752gabmsj7.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Took this pic the other day in front of walgreens....note the fooking trash can is just a few feet away. I live in a real nice area but there are still friggin' !diots around :#:#:#:# ...and yes I did pick the shiite up and throw it away

Good on you, Ron!

I (far too often) see morons walking out of convenience stores peeling any and all packaging from their purchase and dropping it as they walk. Most of said stores have a trash receptacle, even larger than your pic, on both sides of the door.

Should be fair game with video evidence. >:)
  • mhardy6647
    edited September 2016
    BlueFox wrote: »
    People who are too lazy to put their grocery shopping cart in the designated spots, and leave them in the middle of a parking space instead.

Heh -- a short story. Mrs. H's much beloved 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid picked up one small dent in its nearly 11 years and slightly over 246,000 miles at her service. Mind you, this vehicle navigated ten New England winters, and did plenty of time in and around Boston... with nary a dent. The one little dent she had was caused... by a runaway shopping cart :wink:
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101

Couldn't agree more! I tolerated them (shared the road) until twice, on two separate occasions, at the same intersection, groups blew a stop sign in front of me causing me to nearly lose control and leave the road - then had the nerve to flip ME off. I now always have a need to clean my windshield as I pass them 2-3 bikes wide when they refuse to fall in line to allow me to pass.

Oh, and I also hate morbidly obese couples riding around grocery stores (or amusement parks) on 2 of the store's electric scooters with their overweight children on their laps... and a cart full of junk food.

And people who think their car is so much nicer than mine that they feel they have a right to park diagonally across two spots to give them a bigger buffer. That's just ASKING for trouble... >:)

And college kids who can't pick their heads up from their phones while walking to and from classes.

And I know it's been covered many times in this thread, but litterbugs. What scumbag, low-life, A-holes think it's ok to throw their McDonald's bags on the side of a road?

OK, I'm done... I'm starting to sound a lot like Tony!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    This is my all time biggest "hate". When you are in the men's washroom, and you clearly watch someone taking a piss, they then proceed to only rinse their hands under water... What's the point? You are already there, you might as well put some soap on them too. Disgusting.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Nightfall
    scubalab wrote: »
    I now always have a need to clean my windshield as I pass them

YES! >:)

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    This is my all time biggest "hate". When you are in the men's washroom, and you clearly watch someone taking a piss, they then proceed to only rinse their hands under water... What's the point? You are already there, you might as well put some soap on them too. Disgusting.

That's funny, because when I go to Vegas or other places to play Blkjack when a person comes back from the restroom I ask them..."What color was the soap" >:)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    scubalab wrote: »
    OK, I'm done... I'm starting to sound a lot like Tony!

Nah....you sound like a normal person who actually notices things. Unlike some who walk around oblivious to the world around them or have their heads buried in their phones non stop.

Maybe it's age, I dunno, but the older you get the more you actually start caring about stuff. Never thought twice about any of this when I was a young lad either.

Speaking of bicycles, California's highway A1 along the coast between San Fran and Bodega Bay. I didn't go to Harvard, but who the heck puts the bicycle lane on the cliff side of the road....with no guard rails. Plus it's only about 2-3 ft. wide, so you have certain death on one side of you, and a long hospital stay on the other from cars.

But....bicycle lanes were created for the safety of the bicyclists ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I hate being a 15 year old stuck in a 58 year old's body.........
  • mrbiron
    The way i see it is, by the time your inner self turns 16, we'll be taking AWAY your drivers license. That sucks.... :D
  • I hate that I didn't think of that myself, Mr. Biron.
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbiron
    I hate that I didn't think of that myself, Mr. Biron.

I'm feeling extra witty today! ;)
  • Nightfall
    I feel the opposite. I'm 32 trapped in a 15 year old 5'3" body.

• Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    edited September 2016
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I feel the opposite. I'm 32 trapped in a 15 year old 5'3" body.

Dang, J! I got ya by a foot and some change! I'll hold you up on my shoulders so you can see the gear at RMAF.

Well, I have two artificial legs, so my height varies, depending on what time of the day it is.
    Yesterday, I was working on my motorcycle and had my legs off, because it's easier to get to the lower mechanics that way.
    While I was coming into the house from the back yard to get a tool, there was a knock at my door.
    It was my neighbor, who wished to introduce me to her woman biker friend (who stood a good 6' tall by the way)
    I almost hurt my neck looking up to say "Hi" !
    Did I mention that I hate it when that happens...............

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    I hate mandatory overtime. Just bumped us up to 10 hour days. So I left early. Good to have no points in there attendance policy.
  • mhardy6647
    I hate the fact that the touchpad buttons on this laptop both stopped working yesterday... I have to use the other two buttons (associated with the 'mouse n!pple' pointing device embedded in the keyboard) to "click". raxafraxafrax!