Feel the hate thread

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    Some good laughs here. I didn't realize how much stuff I hated until I read this.
    The cyclists one for example - I ride street sometimes, and even I hate those guys. Mr. B - window washing... genius.

Running out of the good underwear and having to go to the emergency backups with slack waistbands. How it manages to end up down around my ankles inside my pants I'll never understand.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Gluten free. I'm sick of hearing the words themselves. You know what else is gluten free? Blue Jay's. (Read between the lines)

Actual Celiac's don't apply.

We have a friend who is a caterer. She jokes that she's been tempted to put a bowl of gluten on one of her events' tables with a sign reading "free gluten".

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,555
    Being asked to help to do a technical interview for an in house job I applied for.
    I guess I'm not qualified??????
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    ooooh... insult to injury =

zzqd9d0135pe.jpgw23mwzatab6r.jpg

I disabled signatures.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    People who follow so close, you can't even see their headlights. Especially on a crowded highway. Not like they are going to get where they are going any faster.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I hate it when I go to the cafeteria at work, and all of the Hostess mini chocolate donuts are gone! DRATS!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I hate it when I go to the cafeteria at work, and all of the Hostess mini chocolate donuts are gone! DRATS!

Man, don't get me started on those little frickin' death bombs, I can eat a whole bag with my coffee and not blink an eye.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    I hate people who are clueless about history, especially ours. Gets too aggravating trying to have a conversation with clueless people. Which now that I think about it, is the whole reason for Hostess mini chocolate donuts. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    I have a student who thought South Carolina was IN Georgia. Not really history, but you get the point.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    deronb1 wrote: »
    I have a student who thought South Carolina was IN Georgia. Not really history, but you get the point.

That's, um, wow...
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb

LOL, I'm sure anyone who teaches has a few thousand similar experiences. I used to have an employee who couldn't read an analog clock, had to be digital, or they were stumped. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    Yup. Not to mention the countless students who thought Africa was a country. Latitude and Longitude competency? Nope. Map reading skills? Barely. Civics? Give me a break. History? Not near enough to recognize cause and effect. Rather depressing really...lol
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I hate having to pay through the nose just to watch TV!!!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited February 2017
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Alright then. People who don't make an assessment of a situation. Then show their lack of intelligence.
    Example: I'm in the bucket one day servicing a row of street lights. This Cromagnon example of a woman comes out of her house and prceeds to rip me a new one about cutting her cable TV service off. She said she paid here bill and was going to call the police if I didn't turn it back on.
    Mind you that I am in the bucket at the light with a bulb in my hand! And the truck door is emblazoned with the company name which has the word Lighting in it. Not 10 feet from her face.
    The cable service in that community is BURIED UNDERGROUND. Once she finished her rant, I politely explained to her that I was repairing the street light and her cable was buried, nowhere near where I was working.
    No apology, no thanks for the light repair.
    Just stood there like a complete moron for a moment, turned and walked back to her house.
    Stooooopid and inconsiderate people! That's what I hate.
    I SO feel your pain.

I work for AT&T. Over the last 18 years, I've had to politely handle similar confrontations over people's lights or cable service, the city's traffic lights, etc. The traffic lights was the best:

I'm in downtown Athens, GA. He bangs on my trailer door.
    "Yes?"
    Points to an intersection w/a scowl
    "Sorry. I don't see what you're pointing at."
    "All the traffic lights in XYZ grid are out. When are you gonna fix 'em?"
    "I don't have ANY thing to do w/power or traffic."
    You musta cut something down there." (In a manhole)
    "Nope. Only telco fiber optic cabling down there."
    More annoyed now "Are you sure?"
    "Your welcome to look for yourself. I guarentee you'll find only telco fiber optic cable."
    He stormed away from my worksite cussin' up a storm.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    nbrowser wrote: »

I'm Canadian I know that's not exactly...possible.

BIG difference between N And S Carolina.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711

Does one have more inbreeding than the other?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • deronb1
    mrbiron wrote: »

Ha! Now, now...
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    mrbiron wrote: »

Ha! Now, now...

That was more for @lightman1
    He's the only one i want to offend today >:)>:)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • lightman1
    South Carolina is clearly the DNA loser in this challenge.
  • lightman1
    Because I was born in and raised in SC!
    Fook all y'all!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Yup Russ, genetically doomed
    dvad2gdz7813.jpg
    76eskeumhbvp.jpg

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    Lookit....if y'all are going to cast out a bit of the perceived inbred whatchacallit.
    Just make sure you have DNA helix to prove my Mom and Dad weren't related
  • txcoastal1
    fjf6yq6laycr.jpg
    ah9xlep0prd3.jpg

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Nightfall
    Some of my favorite metal comes from the deep south. The south rules!

• Nightfall
    The bands make fun of themselves.

"I was born in South Carolina, man, I can't read" Listen to the intro and then shut it off, nothing you'll like here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmTYJpqqJrE

• txcoastal1
    The riffs are good, I just can't read what they are singing ;)

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637

@lightman1 's long lost brother spotted...

ycosvyky2wxb.jpg
  • lightman1
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The bands make fun of themselves.

"I was born in South Carolina, man, I can't read" Listen to the intro and then shut it off, nothing you'll like here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmTYJpqqJrE

Dixie Dave....he's good people.

@lightman1 's long lost brother spotted...

ycosvyky2wxb.jpg

Tjat's my cousin, Ken. No direct relations.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited February 2017
    I hate that my fellow federal employees decide to (wake up and) finally get some work done.......at 2:30pm, Friday. Never fails.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2