Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    tonyb wrote: »
    You keep posting pics of that beautiful piece of property you have and you might find a tent pitched there next spring with me in it.

Like Woodstock B) we can get Mantis and everyone to bring their guitars etc...

I have a couple of pork Shoulders we can smoke!

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Good idea....we can call it Polkapalooza. Outdoor music and eats....but I have a feeling he's kinda fond of his neighbors so I dunno.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    tonyb wrote: »
    You keep posting pics of that beautiful piece of property you have and you might find a tent pitched there next spring with me in it.

c'mon up -- I'll make you listen to the Duplexes, though ;- )
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I don't know if your 4 watt tube amps are going to be powerful enough, I'll have to bring my 8 WPC ones :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mhardy6647
    voltz wrote: »
    I don't know if your 4 watt tube amps are going to be powerful enough, I'll have to bring my 8 WPC ones :)

sigh... if you insist...

;- )

Gorgeous start to the holiday in NH today -- I was down in Deerfield at "NEAR-Fest" (near-fest.com:8084/nearfest/); leaves are pretty darned near peak color in the SE part of the state. Didn't take a camera (although, heh-heh-heh) I bought one...).

We're past peak up here by the Arctic Circle (leaves are comin' down) - but it is still very beautiful.

15496513801_b7d98ed84e_b.jpgDSC_2969 by mhardy6647, on Flickr
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Foliage.......
    STAY HOME NEW YORKERS!!!! Youve got your own trees to drive like jackarses around. No need to come east.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    heh -- we went to a wedding Saturday in Maine (in the shadow of the Sunday River slopes, literally); the parking areas along the White Mtn National Forest were packed -- but the roads were OK and the foliage was beautiful.

I took a couple of grab shots as we drove through (Mrs. H was driving -- when we're in a hurry, she drives; she drives faster than I do) - but they ain't too great. I may still post one anon.

Suffice it to say, it is still pretty up here; but, yeah, the flatlander leaf-peepers drive us all nuts on the road! Route 128 on the Friday evening before Columbus Day is... well... best avoided by the aboriginal Massholes ;-)
  • sandworms
    sandworms Posts: 1,043
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_141289622866810&key=fd4d0c8927dbf2331e83bbda32ac7c21&libId=5d872cc6-f030-4466-9bce-482b67b0a578&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thumpertalk.com%2Fforum%2F74-team-tt-private%2F&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FmWpvzQz.gif&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thumpertalk.com%2Ftopic%2F1107147-lets-ride-nekkid-in-south-ok-or-north-tx%2Fpage-2&title=Team%20TT%20(private)%20-%20ThumperTalk&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FmWpvzQz.gif
    In his shorts for sure
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB
    Polk fxia6 sl,sr
    Dual hsu vtf3 mk3

• gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012

It just don't look right ! (c:

e006bhaeklaj.jpg
  • gdb

Got any horses to hitch to that sweet dump rake ?? (c:

mhardy6647 wrote: »
    15519541252_26220f85fa_b.jpgDSC_0299 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

• mhardy6647
    Not mine; that's a neighbor's field -- some horses 'round here but I don't know if there are any there...
  • mrbiron
    A quick lesson on NH and why there are no horses.

horse = deer.........
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Lots of horses in SE New Hampshire.

I know of at least four sizable riding stables within 10 miles of my home, as well as a number of families that have horses on their properties.

One active stable is Historic Runnymede Farm, once the home of a Kentucky Derby winner that was later disqualified and now the home of a troupe of rare Friesian horses.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mhardy6647
    horse = $$$ ;- )

• mrbiron
    Horses = Elmer's or Jello Jigglers

Moose, don't come at me with facts!!!!! :wink:
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2014
    mo' in de 'hood...

15333356717_f8756945d7_b.jpgDSC_0293 by mhardy6647, on Flickr
    15333150178_0b556300e3_b.jpgDSC_0318 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

15503562466_f8450a0d88_b.jpgDSC_0337 by mhardy6647, on Flickr
  • Moose68Bash
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Horses = Elmer's or Jello Jigglers

Moose, don't come at me with facts!!!!! :wink:

"Facts are friendly!" :)

[One of my favorite slogans from my Total Quality Management days!]
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    By the looks of your property pal, it appears to have some history. Ever dig it up ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2014
    ... maybe I should get a metal detector? ;- )

Sort of on topic -- our former house, in Harvard, MA, bordered town conservation land that had been the "holy place" of the town's 19th Century Shaker enclave. Just around the corner from us was (is) the remnants of the Shaker village -- many of the homes and buildings are still occupied as private residences... that's an interesting bit of history.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Do it! That is a neat hobby...I have dug up a lot of Civil War artifacts with mine...and not just those ring base bullets either....
  • mrbiron
    You might even find a vintage Kenwood or Yamaha! I say go for it. :)
  • mhardy6647
    While there was some Civil War action in Vermont, I don't think there was any in NH :- p

http://digital.vpr.net/post/book-details-civil-war-sites-vermont
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    TennMan wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Whoa, a Reatta! :- )
    Good eye! Most people don't know Buick made a 2-seater 25 years ago.
    "THATS NOT A BUICK!" LOL!

I remember those...as well as other limited production American cars. Well, I'm from Detroit....historically there were typically more Ford, GM, Chrysler on the roads than imports.

Was shocked the first time I went out West and seen for myself how reversed things are out there... more imports.

Anyway, if one remembers the Buick Reatta you have to remember another lux two seater from the same time, the Italy/Detroit made Cadillac Allante!

1993alanteII.jpg
    1993alante.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    I remember the Cadillac Allante well. Very similar to the Reatta in that it was built to be a luxury car for two. The Chrysler TC by Maserati was another car built about the same time. Like the Reatta and Allante it was too expensive and too underpowered to be widely accepted by the public resulting in poor sales figures and being in production only about 3-4 years.

SC13_r174_01.jpg

• SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • gdb
    Remember the glorified Chevy that was the Cadillac Cimmaron ? What a POS that was !
  • Moose68Bash
    edited October 2014
    We had a visitor in our side yard this afternoon:

zgll4xudnqai.jpg

• mhardy6647
    Migratory GBH, perhaps (assuming you don't usually get 'em in your yard)?

Amusingly, we had one struttin' around out back one day last month, too. Now, the neighboring farm has a couple of ponds on it, but we have no water -- the GBH looked like he was lookin' for fish in the grass, though. My guess is he was hunting the thousands (at least seemingly so) of little toads that were in the yard all summer and into early fall.

m015vf61zuid.jpg
  • Moose68Bash
    The GBH, as I understand it, will take small rodents -- up to the size of a gopher. While the one I photographed was standing stock still, my wife noticed a young groundhog in the vicinity. I did not see the outcome. TheGBH stalked the little guy into the woods off to the right about 30 yards from where it's standing in the photo.