Polk Audio TSi100 & TSi200- Loudspeaker - Demo

Comments

• wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited October 2009
    Looks like we are at a stand still for now then.......

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    edited October 2009
    dorokusai - Any update on potential new packaging??? Thanks
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited October 2009
    Hm...maybe they'll still be in the area by the time I get my new car...lol

I won't argue.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2009
    mufsoman wrote: »
    dorokusai - Any update on potential new packaging??? Thanks

Do you have them now?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited October 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Do you have them now?

Yes he does
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    I'll ask tomorrow.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • praedet
    praedet Posts: 314
    edited October 2009
    Shot you an e-mail to be included, but I am in Virginia...
    HT: Ninja Master LSi9s, Ninja Master LSiC, Slightly Modded LSiFXs, Modded LSi7s, Outlaw LFM-1 EX and Polk PSW125
    Outlaw 970 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Velodyne SMS-1, Oppo BDP-83,
    2 APC H-15s and a Panamax 5400 for good measure ;)
    Stereo: DIY Alix Music Server, DODD Audio Battery Tube Buffer, Modded DAC-60 and MF V-Link (for now), DIY Silver ICs, Battery Powered Class D SDS-254 Amp, and GR-Research N2X Speakers
  • mufsoman
    edited October 2009
    Yes I do have them (NW Chicago suburbs), I'll be ready whenever the plan is established for the next destination.
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited October 2009
    I'm next in line...
  • comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    Well, if we're shipping them again, then I'm back in line.

Or, we can just continue with the original demo order...doesn't matter to me.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • wutadumsn23
    edited October 2009
    You lie like a rug Lee, lol. I was in there somewhere, believe I was next until they got stuck in ChicagoLand. If they are mobile again, that would be awesome. If not then whoever is closest to mufsoman would be the next likely candidate.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,642
    edited October 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Upstatemax(Frank).....you around? If I don't hear from you by Sunday I'm going to move them on to Wutadumsn(Jeff).

Lol... I was next in line.

If they become ready to ship I am ready for them at any time. :cool:
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    OK, still no word on boxes. These will go to Upstatemax, which means they are coming over to NY. Is there anyone around 12065 that Frank can hand these off to in order to save on some shipping?

Mufsoman - Can you email me your shipping particulars so they can be sent directly to you? Just click over my name for the email address. I need name, addy, phone number and email.
  • wutadumsn23
    edited October 2009
    Good to see they are back on the road, too bad they are going to the wrong side of the Country, lol. Hope I get my hands on them before I move to Germany, not much of a chance of getting them shipped over there huh Mark, lol.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2009
    Well Jeff,

You'd better get those soon then because there is no way that I could do the comparisons from Beijing and I'm depending on your M70-500 testing!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • wutadumsn23
    edited October 2009
    LOL, I am trying, believe me. Gotta wait my turn. Hopefully I will get a chance to demo them, I really want to put them side by side with my 70's and settle this debate once and for all, lol.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• mufsoman
    edited October 2009
    dorokusai - just sent you an email with my shipping info. I will provide a write up with my observations/testing results shortly. Thanks
    APC H15
    The rest is TBD.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Scott - You should have replacement boxes early next week. Can you email me the dimensions and weight of them? I can send you labels ahead of time.
  • mufsoman
    edited October 2009
    Box dimensions are 13 x 20 x 48. I do not have a scale to weigh the speakers and boxes, however, found two different references on the old boxes to 52# and another to 56# each. I would go with the higher weight to be safe.

Are the new boxes coming with new foam inserts to cushion the spoeakers in the box?

Thanks
    APC H15
    The rest is TBD.
  • mufsoman
    edited October 2009
    Here's my unoffical and very informal review of the Tsi500 speakers. I still consider myself a newbie, so I don't know the all the proper lingo and buzz words, just going to give it to you in my own words.

Considering I have Rti8's with a very weak old Mirage sub, I thought the 500's sounded great from a full range standpoint with much more bass than my usual set up. The high end seemed more laid back than the Rti8's. The 500's seemd to blend in well with the rest of the system for a good overall sound. I'll miss the speakers for their bass once they're gone (until I get a real sub). I spent the afternoon last Saturday performing a bunch of tests with different set ups. Biwire, biamp (thru the AVR), stock metal jumper plates, wire jumpers, 7.1, 5.1, even replaced my Fxi3's with Mirage OmniSat speakers. So what did I find? I like the overall sound of the 500's. The front sound field sounded best when single wire and wire jumpers were used. Overall sound was better with 5.1 than the 7.1. I don't think my backs are doing much to add sound (hence the For Sale post for my Tc80i's). The Omni's actually sounded very good. I have always been impressed with the sound that these little speakers put out. With my challenging room contours, the Omni's really helped to spread out the surround tracks nicely and fit in pretty well accoustically. I may try the larger OS3 satellites also, just for the heck of it. I enjoyed listening to these speakers. I'd still rather have a pair of RtiA9's though. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want more information. Thanks again to Polk and dorokusai for this opportunity!!!!!
    APC H15
    The rest is TBD.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Box dimensions are 13 x 20 x 48. I do not have a scale to weigh the speakers and boxes, however, found two different references on the old boxes to 52# and another to 56# each. I would go with the higher weight to be safe.

Are the new boxes coming with new foam inserts to cushion the spoeakers in the box?

Thanks

They should but I'll ask for clarification. Thanks for the dimensional stuff :)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2009
    Here's my unoffical and very informal review of the Tsi500 speakers. I still consider myself a newbie, so I don't know the all the proper lingo and buzz words, just going to give it to you in my own words.

Considering I have Rti8's with a very weak old Mirage sub, I thought the 500's sounded great from a full range standpoint with much more bass than my usual set up. The high end seemed more laid back than the Rti8's. The 500's seemd to blend in well with the rest of the system for a good overall sound. I'll miss the speakers for their bass once they're gone (until I get a real sub). I spent the afternoon last Saturday performing a bunch of tests with different set ups. Biwire, biamp (thru the AVR), stock metal jumper plates, wire jumpers, 7.1, 5.1, even replaced my Fxi3's with Mirage OmniSat speakers. So what did I find? I like the overall sound of the 500's. The front sound field sounded best when single wire and wire jumpers were used. Overall sound was better with 5.1 than the 7.1. I don't think my backs are doing much to add sound (hence the For Sale post for my Tc80i's). The Omni's actually sounded very good. I have always been impressed with the sound that these little speakers put out. With my challenging room contours, the Omni's really helped to spread out the surround tracks nicely and fit in pretty well accoustically. I may try the larger OS3 satellites also, just for the heck of it. I enjoyed listening to these speakers. I'd still rather have a pair of RtiA9's though. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want more information. Thanks again to Polk and dorokusai for this opportunity!!!!!

Hi Mufsoman,

Nice review..will you write it up and post it in the 'reviews' section for the TSI-500 page? And what kind of equipment were you running? I find myself in agreement (have not heard the 500s but have M70s)...I've always felt their tweeters were more laid back and to my liking. And I also prefer the A9s in the Rti series.

Looking forward to your full review!! Sorry for butting in on this thread so much but I was originally in on this review but I couldn't continue because I'm in China for a year! So I continue to monitor this thread from here.

Keep those reviews coming....thanks to everyone!!!

doro...your ARE ONE BUSY dude! Don't know how you do it!!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • wutadumsn23
    edited October 2009
    Hey Mark, I know the 500's are on their way to NY, but what are the chances of them coming to me next? I am next on the demo list, but I don't know the chances of them being sent clear across the country to WA. state for me. I am moving to Germany here in about 6-8 months or so and would hate to end up like cnh and not get a chance to demo these before I leave. Whatever you and Polk decide to do will be fine with me, just wondering. I am happy to even be considered for this oppertunity. If I do get them, I should get ahold of Al and see if he wants to come over and give me a hand putting them through their paces.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    I don't know at the moment and I have enough on my plate than to start working demos around timeframes. I'll do the best I can.
  • wutadumsn23
    edited October 2009
    Thanks Mark, I know you are a busy man. I appreciate your quick response.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• mufsoman
    edited October 2009
    cnh: The review attached above is it. I wasn't planning on providing any further data, just my informal observations/opinions. That's about all I'm capable of at this time.

For some reason my equipment list didn't attach itself to that last posting. It is in my other postings on this thread. Maybe on this one?

It may be right in front of me, but where's the "reviews" section??? Thanks
    APC H15
    The rest is TBD.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    I link them to the original header or post. It may not have any reviews and/or the website is always being tweaked....so don't be surprised if the link isn't available.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    I've tweaked the review option/ REQUIREMENT and posted it in the first post.
  • comfortablycurt
    edited October 2009
    If we're trying to keep it demographic, I can take them pretty much whenever...I just don't have the means to go and pick them up ATM.

I can take them next, or if there's anyone else in the area that wants to give them a whirl, they can go ahead.

Let me know.:)
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2009
    Mark, please remove me from the list. I was interested in the TSi300s...not the TSi500s. Hopefully this will help to get them to the other reviewers a little quicker.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson