Polk Audio TSi100 & TSi200- Loudspeaker - Demo

Options

Comments

• jacob.simpson
    jacob.simpson Posts: 481
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Doro please if there is still room for one more person to review count me in
    please let me know how to give you my details.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2010
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    My only quibble is sound stage, it's very narrow.QUOTE]

Have heard that from a few people now. Still a quality speaker no doubt, and easy on the eyes too, lol.

-Jeff

Jeff,

Very easy on the eyes. To be fair, I have not played with the listening position at all on these. I just put them in place and started listening for 1.5 Hrs.

Xavier
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • xsmi
    edited January 2010
    Options
    2nd Update...I am learning the definition of synergy the tube amp that worked so well with the SDA's and Klipsch KG4's does NOT work with these speakers so well. They become so unfocused.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's good information to hear since not every loudspeaker responds well to changes into the tube realm.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Didn't Ted (Reeltrouble1) run those very same speakers off a tube amp at Polk fest and give that a good review.

Of course we have to take the 'specific' gear into consideration as well...if we're talking about synergy?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I never heard them but I believe the consensus was that they sounded good. I'm not sure what the state of the rig at the time was but every rig is different, hence the response to changes in the tube realm.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm emailing you labels Xsmi and they expire on Feb 5, 2010.
  • xsmi
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I should be able to get them out in about a week. Sorry I have gone dark. have been extremely busy.
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2010
    Options
    These are going west and being demo'd on the way back east. If you don't get your shipping information to me before they "pass you", sign up for another demo. The original demo list has been updated. If there is a state ID next to your name, it appears I have your information.

No worries Xavier, just trying to get this stuff done in one night.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Doro-My shipping info is headed your way.:)
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • drmosh
    drmosh Posts: 15
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm in CA and would like to compare these to my M70s too!
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey Mark, just noticed that it says "Active" next to my name on the demo list. Haven't seen them yet, should I be expecting them?

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • xsmi
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They went out this morning. Again, I have been SUPER busy the last two weeks.

Xavier
  • xsmi
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sorry after reading my above post it seems a little angry. I apologize. Jeff you are next in line and the labels say that they are coming to you next. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. (I know you will)
  • wutadumsn23
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Awesome, I can't wait to put these up against my Monitor 70's. Do you happen to have a tracking number?

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Xavier - Did they ship?
  • wutadumsn23
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Xavier - Did they ship?

Yes they did Mark, I awoke this afternoon to 2 large boxes sitting on my front porch!! Took them out of the box, and put them in place next to my Monitor 70's. First impressions are they are a bit bigger than I thought they would be, not ridiculously bigger than the 70's, but the difference is noticeable. I'll tell you what though, these speakers are def. easy on the eyes, they really are sharp looking. Fired up the PS3 and played a little MW2 and they sounded pretty darn good. AFter that I popped in Dark Knight and had a listen to that, which also sounded pretty darn good. Haven't had time to do a real A/B comparison between the two yet, but I will before my demo is done, and post the results. I have been waiting to settle the delima of which is better, the TSi 500's or the Monitor 70's. One quick thing Mark, the boxes are pretty beat up and the styrofoam is all but broken into pieces for one of the speakers. The speakers are still in great shape cosmetically and I didn't notice any scratches or nicks in them or any tears in the grilles. The only thing I did notice was one of the binding posts was missing the plastic lug, but since the jumpers are still there it isn't an issue. Don't think it would be possible to Bi-Wire them though, if you were to attempt this. One last thing Mark, there is a Seattle mini-fest on the 21st and I was wondering if I would be able to take them with me up there. Russ and Al will be there along with many others and I think they would enjoy hearing some of Polk's newest speakers (if they haven't already) Didn't want to just take them over there without asking first. Thanks again Mark/Polk, and man am I excited!!

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• comfortablycurt
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Awesome Jeff! I can't wait to hear your impressions once you get some more listening time in.:) I can't wait until my turn comes around.:D

I'm kicking myself now for not demoing them when they were in the area, but I think I'll be able to give them a more fair shot now, since I've got my 2 channel rig in a dedicated area now. The drawback is, I won't really be able to do much HT testing with them, since my HT rig is all disassembled now.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • wutadumsn23
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Trust me Curt, you need to try and give them a demo, even if it's just to look at them for two weeks, lol. They really are a very impressive looking speaker. I'm gonna put these things through their paces in the next two weeks and really settle this question that seems to be popping up more and more these days.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yea, you can take them there. I'll work on new packaging.
  • wutadumsn23
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Awesome Mark, thanks. I didn't figure it would be a problem, but I just wanted to make sure. Let me know about the new boxes/packaging.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• lwright84
    lwright84 Posts: 37
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Is this still active\available? If so, how does the shipping work? Do I pay and then get reimbursed?

Anyway.. I'd love more information and potentially the chance to test these out. I am debating my next L\R purchase between the M70, TSi300-500, and RTi8-12. Thanks!
    My Home Theater: :cool:
    Display: 65" Mitsubishi WD65C9 DLP
    A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-888
    Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 70s
    Center: Polk Audio CS1
    Rears: Polk Audio R300s
    Sub: BIC Venturi V1020
    HDP: 80GB PS3
    Cable: AT&T Uverse HD
    HTPC: Dell Precision 380 (Win7 Ultimate x64)

Who brought me here?
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Shipping is pre-paid by Polk via a label that is emailed to you. If you can start being active around here I'll eventually add you to the list but not at 8 posts. Welcome Lwright84.
  • lwright84
    lwright84 Posts: 37
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Shipping is pre-paid by Polk via a label that is emailed to you. If you can start being active around here I'll eventually add you to the list but not at 8 posts. Welcome Lwright84.

Understandable. Thanks for the info.. I entered the Polk club officially about a year ago and couldnt be happier (except for when I can upgrade to higher end Polks :o)
    My Home Theater: :cool:
    Display: 65" Mitsubishi WD65C9 DLP
    A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-888
    Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 70s
    Center: Polk Audio CS1
    Rears: Polk Audio R300s
    Sub: BIC Venturi V1020
    HDP: 80GB PS3
    Cable: AT&T Uverse HD
    HTPC: Dell Precision 380 (Win7 Ultimate x64)

Who brought me here?
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jacob - I have you in the system, no need for emails and messages from 1000 sources.

Look guys, unless otherwise notified, send me your information and move on. If your addy changed since last we spoke, let me know.

If I don't reply, that means we're ok for the most part and there's no need to hit me up by every means possible.
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The TSi500 demo is completed and the speakers were raffled away at a Polkie event in Seattle.

They were becoming cumbersome and expensive to ship so I'm dropping a pair of TSi200 Bookshelf loudspeakers in their place. FedEx was destroying the packaging. I'll update the thread later. Remember that you'll need speaker stands now or something to set them on.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/tsi/index.php?s=tsi200

If this changes anyones opinion on the demo roster, let me know and I'll remove or add your name to the list. Otherwise, I'm going to move forward from MD and move them west again....or if they come from CA....west and back east.

Thanks.
  • jacob.simpson
    jacob.simpson Posts: 481
    edited February 2010
    Options
    :pDarn Missed it, will wait for the 200
  • jimbo1421
    jimbo1421 Posts: 772
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Darn it x 2.

But the TSi200 will be fine to check out, too.

Jim
    5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • wutadumsn23
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The TSi500 demo is completed and the speakers were raffled away at a Polkie event in Seattle

Imagine my surprise when I walked away with them. Thanks Mark, check your PM box.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• comfortablycurt
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This actually works out better for me...I've been discovering the virtues of smaller bookshelf speakers lately, and would really be more interested in demoing the 200's anyway.:)

So, count me in on the TSi200 demo!:D
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp