Polk Audio TSi100 & TSi200- Loudspeaker - Demo

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited March 2016 in Speakers
****THIS DEMO IS CLOSED AS OF 8.14.12****

This demo is for a pair of Polk Audio TSi100 & TSi200 Loudspeaker.

UPDATE: We originally had a pair of TSi500 for demo but they become difficult to ship time after time, to so many people at the mercy of FedEx. We fixed that by giving them away to a Club Polk member at the recent Seattle Area GTG. It was decided that the TSi100 would be easier to move around and still allow folks to demo the TSi line, check out the build quality and simply listen to them. I hope you stay in the rotation but if you have to drop out due to it being a bookshelf loudspeaker, that's ok. Thanks everyone for participating so far and PLEASE remember to add your review to the product pages!

This is open to all active Club Polk members within the CONUS. Sorry, no Alaska or Hawaii at this time.

You'll have two(2) weeks to listen to the speaker(s) and when the demo is completed, contact me for shipping arrangements to the next person.

Please post your subsequent review in the product pages of the homepage. You HAVE to take the time to do this folks. You don't have to gush and pour sugar on everything, just be candid, be honest, be real.

Post your review here.

If you are interested in this idea?...please send your name, shipping address, daytime/evening phone number and email to mnestor@polkaudio.com

IF YOU ARE IN THIS DEMO PROGRAM, AND YOU CHANGE YOUR RESIDENCE, IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LET ME KNOW THE NEW ADDRESS. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN ANYMORE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

UPDATE: I'm going to try and move them around locally, depending on where they are at the time.

DEMO LIST:

TSi500 - CLOSED
Jcaut (Completed)
Grimster74 (Completed)
Conradicles (Completed)
Messiah (Completed)
Leroyjr1 (Completed)
Mufsoman (Completed)
Upstatemax (Completed)
Xsmi (Completed)
Wutadmsn23 - WA (Completed)

TSi100 & TSi200
Xj4094dg - CA - (Completed)
Jimbo1421 - NM - (Completed)
Jimmydep - NY
MillerLiteScott - MD
Ricardo - OH - (Completed)
Vschneider - MD
Mantis - PA
Ascubie - NJ
Comfortablycurt - IL
Drmosh - CA - (Completed)
Jacob.simpson - MO
Slinger182 - IL - (Completed)
Comfortablycurt - IL
Waywerdson - AR
IRLracefan - MI
Knucklehead - VA (Completed)
Slinger182 - IL
Rooftop59 - TX - (Completed)
Waywerdson - AR - (Completed)
Mole' - CA - (Completed)
Mrbofus - ID
Disc Jockey - CO
Smglbrth - WI
Tibet16 - MD - (Completed)
Tnhndyman - TN
Gingylu0833
Interpol
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hey Doro...

I don't really have time to do that--Pa next week, London after that, then China. But I already have in addition to a pair of M70s a pair of TSI-300s. Could provide a review of the 300s no shipping necessary. Have a number of receivers and an Adcom that have already powered the 300s. So I have a diverse impressions of these.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd be interested in a demo of the tsi 500. I checked out the Tsi line about a year ago in a store when I was shopping for a buddy of mine, and was surprised that the sounded so good back then considering their price. I wrote about it here:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68978&highlight=tsi200

A couple forum members thought it could have been a fluke, the result of bad wiring etc, and it sure could have been. Would be fun to see what they sound like at home :D
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Shipping is comp'd....don't worry about that. Polk wants your opinion.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd love to get in on this! Thanks for another great demo Doro and Polk Audio.:D

However, I won't be able to demo them for a month or so, because over the next week I'm going to be moving into a new apartment. I'd like to get settled in a little first before I get them. Put me 3rd on the list maybe if it's not a problem.

I'd prefer the 500's, but either pair would be great. Any chance of demo'ing each pair at different times?

Thanks again Polk Audio!
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,629
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You have a PM.
  • mdk5068
    mdk5068 Posts: 204
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would love to demo these. I will be getting a pair of rti a7's at the end of the summer and would love to get a side-by-side comparison. Any way to get on the list for Aug 14's or after? Have been a polk owner for the last few years, joined club polk only a bit ago though. Hope I can do it because I would really like to get my ears on either set, preferably the 500's.

-Mark
    Bulls make money.
    Bears make money.
    Pigs get slaughtered.
    You, my friend, are the bacon.
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would love to demo the 500's if at all possible. I currently have Monitor 70's and would love to do a side by side comparison between the two. That would lay to rest any doubts about which one is better, lol. If you haven't already sent them out, let me know and I will PM you my shipping address.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd love to give them a demo. In please.

Thanks
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Mark

Just curious to why they would demo these so late in the game? These have been out for a while. What about online retailer reviews?
  • wutadumsn23
    edited June 2009
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Mark

Just curious to why they would demo these so late in the game? These have been out for a while.

I was wondering the same thing, but hey if I get to demo them I'm not gonna complain, lol.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• artinaz
    artinaz Posts: 185
    edited June 2009
    Options
    In please. I am in the SF bay area. Would love to demo the tsi500

Azi
  • jimbo1421
    jimbo1421 Posts: 772
    edited June 2009
    Options
    PM sent. I would like to compare these to my Monitor 10s

Jim
    5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • wutadumsn23
    edited June 2009
    Options
    PM sent

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• cnh
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would love to demo the 500's if at all possible. I currently have Monitor 70's and would love to do a side by side comparison between the two. That would lay to rest any doubts about which one is better, lol. If you haven't already sent them out, let me know and I will PM you my shipping address.

I'd love to read that review...and I hate to say this but I suspect the M70s will take it by a hair! I think that of the new TSIs the 300s benefited the most in the redesign. Otherwise the 400s remained very similar to the M60s and the 500s seem to have lost the 2.5 cascade crossover and 2 pounds in weight...although the cabinet is a bit bigger! What Polk did do was STANDARDIZE ALL TSI-series Crossovers and bottom PORT everything....which, it seems to me, was PRIMARILY for HT matching--not sure that did anything at all for 2 channel play--except for the 300s! Noticeably better low end on those.

cnh

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,629
    edited June 2009
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    I'd love to read that review...and I hate to say this but I suspect the M70s will take it by a hair! I think that of the new TSIs the 300s benefited the most in the redesign. Otherwise the 400s remained very similar to the M60s and the 500s seem to have lost the 2.5 cascade crossover and 2 pounds in weight...although the cabinet is a bit bigger! What Polk did do was STANDARDIZE ALL TSI-series Crossovers and bottom PORT everything....which, it seems to me, was PRIMARILY for HT matching--not sure that did anything at all for 2 channel play--except for the 300s! Noticeably better low end on those.

cnh

I also hope to put the 500's up against my M70's...

The crossover caught my attention and I want to see how it changes things up.
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd like to see how the 500's compare to the LSI series. I'd also be intersted in seeing how bi-amping affects the sound.

Jimmy D
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I will do a demo Mark. Probably no shipping required.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • wutadumsn23
    edited June 2009
    Options
    cnh wrote: »

cnh

I am curious as well, I hope I get the chance to demo these speakers. I know it would def. put to rest any doubts I may have.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'd also like to demo these Mark.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • Matt34
    Matt34 Posts: 318
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If eligible, I'd like to demo the 300s.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Throw my name in the mix if shipping is taken care of.
  • cnh
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am curious as well, I hope I get the chance to demo these speakers. I know it would def. put to rest any doubts I may have.

I don't have any doubts at all about the M70s superiority in 2 channel. I just like to have my opinion 'confirmed'! HT is another story. Probably very similar.

cnh

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would like to see what the 300s sound like. Put me in the mix.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2009
    Options
    JCaut - The labels have been emailed and are good for 1 week. Drop them off at any FedEx shipping location when you get time.

Conradicles - You're the first one.

I'm still working with Grimster74 to get the other pair in rotation.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,061
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Great! I want the TSi500 if at all possible. Full review will follow. These are speakers I would really consider buying for my H/T rig.

BIG THANKS to Polk Audio and all involved in these demo's!!!
  • wutadumsn23
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am really excited for this opportunity, and I really hope I get the chance to audition the 500's. I currently run Monitor 70's and I have always wondered how the TSi 500 would stack up against it's predecessor. I will E-mail you my information and hopefully I will get them soon.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I presume that the TSi500's that I have will be headed your way, Conradicles. I'll try and get them shipped out tomorrow if possible.

Jason
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,061
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Perfect. Thank you!
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Jason - Did you get the labels? I'm new at the Polk shipping thing.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Put me in for the 500's for a 2 channel review.

Thanks!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman