Polk Audio TSi100 & TSi200- Loudspeaker - Demo

Comments

• messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited July 2009
    Cool! can't wait to demo them. Thanks Doro, and I know what it's like to be swamped at work, I have been too.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited July 2009
    I'd like to get added to this list too please.

DJ
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited July 2009
    OK, labels emailed....Messiah....they will be on the way shortly.

Be sure to post your review in the product pages Eric :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • messiah
    edited July 2009
    Cool, thanks Doro. I'll let you know when they arrive.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,071
    edited July 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Be sure to post your review in the product pages Eric :D

Done. Review should be posted in 2-4 days.
  • messiah
    edited July 2009
    Ok, just got home, and the speakers arrived. Wasn't sure if they were in one piece though, as the boxes look as though they have seen time on the front lines in a war. The boxes are smashed, crushed, and actually have a couple of holes in them!!:eek: I wasn't planning on hooking them up right away, but I wanted to make sure they were ok. I carefully opened up the boxes, and found that the styrofoam inserts are destroyed. I then remove the boxes, and plastic slip covers and found amazingly enough that the speakers have not a scratch on them. I will hook them up later tonight to make sure they are working properly. Based on the fact the the styrofoam is destroyed, the boxes arent much better, and I'm only the second recipient in a long list of those who want to demo them, different packing materials will be needed. I really have serious doubts if they will survive even one more trip. I'll take pictures later, and post them up so you can see what I mean. Eric obviously took exceptional care of them as they still look like new, but I feel shipping hasn't been so kind. That said I can't wait to plug em in and put them through their paces.... they're mine for 2 weeks:D

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited July 2009
    Glad to hear they made it safe and sound. Did they use UPS?
  • messiah
    edited July 2009
    No, fedex. They got here quickly, but look like shey were shot out of a cannon lol.

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited July 2009
    We may send you new packaging for the next trip. Let's worry about that later.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • messiah
    edited July 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    We may send you new packaging for the next trip. Let's worry about that later.

That's cool, np. I did hook them up, and they're working just fine. Didn't have time to do much other than verify that they are working as I spent the night out with the GF. She's sleeping now, or I'd have them cranked up :D.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    edited July 2009
    Seems Fedex gave them the once over. Eric and I listened to these speakers last weekend (I was impessed.:)) and packed them up as they were. There were no holes in the boxes and the styro was intact except for one end piece that had some cardbord thrown in.
    Guys, these were the best sounding new era towers that I have heard from Polk. Better than the VM series, RT's and some of the LSi series.
    Just my thoughts.
    Eric made me do it. I didn't want to talk audio stuff here.
  • messiah
    edited July 2009
    Yep, noticed the cardboard that had some writing on it lol. Probably wont have much of a chance to do much listening saturday, but sunday it's on!!

• leroyjr1
    edited July 2009
    messiah wrote: »
    Yep, noticed the cardboard that had some writing on it lol. Probably wont have much of a chance to do much listening saturday, but sunday it's on!!

Wish I was next in line. I would drive down to pick them up.
  • leroyjr1
    edited July 2009
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Guys, these were the best sounding new era towers that I have heard from Polk. Better than the VM series, RT's and some of the LSi series.

Have you heard the RTI A series towers?
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited July 2009
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Just my thoughts.

Very interesting...

I could picture them being better than the RTi's in some ways. The Monitor series always had a much more laid back tweeter...and I'm sure the TSi's sound very similar. I prefer a laid back high end...so the RTi's just don't cut it for me for music. They're great for HT though.

I'm definitely looking forward to demoing these.:)
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    edited July 2009
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Have you heard the RTI A series towers?
    Not yet. But I heard the little giant RTI a 10(?) at Noahs.
    Those were pretty damn impressive.
  • messiah
    edited July 2009
    pics

• messiah
    edited July 2009
    More pics

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,071
    edited July 2009
    Do you like the sound of these bad boys?
  • messiah
    edited July 2009
    And a couple more. The speakers themselves are still in their original shape, and I'd like to keep them that way. Obviously the Fed-ex driver was not a fan of Polk:(

• messiah
    edited July 2009
    Yes, I do like em! Of course the have their +'s and -'s, but all in all I'm quite impressed. A full review will be coming soon.

• leroyjr1
    edited July 2009
    Obviously the Fed-ex driver was not a fan of Polk:(

He's a Bose fan.
  • leroyjr1
    edited July 2009
    Yes, I do like em! Of course the have their +'s and -'s, but all in all I'm quite impressed. A full review will be coming soon.

What kind of setup are you running with the TSI500's ?
  • messiah
    edited July 2009
    Lmgdfao, yeah he probably is a bose fan!!! I'll post my setup tomorrow. Sorry, but I'm really tired.

• messiah
    edited August 2009
    Ok, here's my set-up. Not high end by any means, but has served me well in my condo with no option for a dedicated theater room. I plan to upgrade the receiver to the sc-07 sometime in the near future. Also grabbing a PS3 for my blue ray option.

Receiver: Pioneer Elite SVX-45tx
    DVD- HK-DVD-47 (my main audio/video source)
    Center channel: Polk Cs400i
    Fronts: For now, the Polk Tsi-500 (normally RT7)
    Rears: Polk Rt35i
    Subwoofer: Paradigm PS-1200
    speaker wires: Audioquest flx 14/4 (center)
    Kimber Kable 4tc (fronts)
    Audioquest Type 4 ( on loan for demo, also fronts)
    Cheap Monster THX SL 16 gauge (rears) ....(hopefully not for long lol)

• leroyjr1
    edited August 2009
    Are these ready to move along?
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,642
    edited August 2009
    Do I get them next?

I hope so, I can't wait to try these out!
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited August 2009
    Hey Mark, do you have an updated list to see who is next in line to get these bad boys, or is the original list still current? I'm hoping to get them soon, before the boxes fall apart or somebody keeps them lol.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited August 2009
    Here's my belated review:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86601

A little wordy. I'll condense it for the product pages.
  • messiah
    edited August 2009
    Nice review Jcaut! Mine will be on the way soon. To those that are waiting for them, please know that I'm not selfishly hoarding them for myself. The boxes and styrofoam are pretty much toast, and I'm awaiting word on if I'm going to get new packing materials. Who is next on the list? If it is someone local we could always just avoid the whole shipping issue. If not then I'm sure it will be figured out soon.

Christopher