Options
    Now you are just tap dancing.

More like bullshittin'....
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2009
    Options
    bobt wrote: »
    You people just don't understand......you want cable companies......there must be 1200 of them.

What ever..I give up........you people who have no clue or deal with these people...well you must be right...just becuase you buy an over priced speaker cable.

Unless you have bought close to 1 million dollors of cable from these people........gee...i don't think you really have a clue.

I was as ignorant as you at one time. I remember saying the same stuff you are say when I first joined. Then I opened my mind and tried a few cables for ha ha's. I figured I could just sell them if I didn't like them. Also a local Polkie was kind enough to come over with a few sets of cables. Sure there are only a small handful of cable manufactures, but a lot of audio cable companies have cables made to their design by them. So please feel free to continue on. I had to eat my words, and the way you are going you may have a lot on your plate.
    I'll send you a bib.
    Enjoy
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • bobt
    bobt Posts: 280
    edited March 2009
    Options
    And NO I'm not wrong...do you even know what the difference between MANUFACTURE and DISTRIBUTION??????

I really don't want to get into this.....like what don't you get?......do you really think all these high dollor spearker cable companies really make there own cable????????
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Options
    And NO I'm not wrong...do you even know what the difference between MANUFACTURE and DISTRIBUTION??????

I really don't want to get into this.....like what don't you get?......do you really think all these high dollor spearker cable companies really make there own cable????????

Your funny, and you can't read.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • bobt
    edited March 2009
    Options
    NO problem..lets just drop it.........i must be wrong......
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lets just drop it............

This is way over blown at this point......lets just forget it...

Maybe it's time to take your own advice?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Options
    NO problem..lets just drop it.........i must be wrong......

Na I'm bored an a newb coming on to try to educate guys who have been in audio for a while and have actually tried different gear(cables are gear too:)) is very entertaining. I make custom cables so I know for a fact I can go to Beldon, or Carrol and have them make wire to my specs. I just got off the phone Friday with Beldon about a wire that I would want them to make for me, but for custom cables I need to order a minimum run of 30,000 feet. So blow all the hot air you want. Pathetic and said but still the entertainment factor is there.
    Thanks Boob.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey Bob,This subject has been a dead horse for as long as i can remember yet for some reason you cant seem to let it go,can you ? I have been sitting back watching your little dog and pony show since yesterday and frankly i am sick of it.I feel that it would be best for the forum and yourself if you would cease and desist from posting on this subject or better yet just take a hike period.thanks....WCW III ;)
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • bobt
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah..ok Ben....YES..you can get custom cable made...DUUUUU

I have done that many times......but....you can only do so much...the basic cable is the same...you can have it wraped with what ever..any color you want.... but only so far..yes, you can have gold ends put on it, or whatever you want,

BUT bottom line the base cable is still the same.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bob, you ain't from Fort Mill, SC are you?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ....BUT bottom line the base cable is still the same.

No not really. A lot of standard cable doesn't use very high purity wire. Also I prefer solid conductors in my rig. The insulation has been found to make a big difference too. A good dielectric like Teflon has worked best to not suck the life out of the music. Also construction techniques/shield make a difference when it comes to picking up EMI or RFI.
    Carry on.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Bobt, I'd ask you to expound, but since you can't speel or put toegehter a cohearent paragraph and only now abuot 6-8 wrods you keap repeeting. I'll just pass on asking you to explain your VAST cable knowledge from manufacture to distribution to rip-off. I'm sure I couldn't make heads or tails out of your nonsense. Must be some kind of industry speak I don't get :rolleyes:

H9

P.s. The spelling error were for effect and so bobt could understand :p
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Nah, I reckon he'd of figgered it out presently. Seems to be a purdy **** smeller...
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmmm........no more sightings. I guess the folks over at DEI realized that DiComo had once again escaped his straight jacket and was posting on CP, good thing he has a locator strapped to his ankle.

RT1
  • Flash21
    Flash21 Posts: 316
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Funny, when I read the initial post I could have predicted how this thread would go (except for the part about tree trimming, anyway)...having seen it before many times.

Frankly it annoys me to no end that cables do make a difference. I hate that I have a grand tied up in cables for my system, even though that is relatively cheap by audiophile standards. I feel one of the glorious things about having an integrated amp is not needing interconnects between the preamp and amp. So blaming my "misguided perception" on "placebo effect" doesn't wash.

And regards to Mr. bobt, look at my Analysis Plus Oval Nine cables, and tell me which repackaged Cat-whatever they are...I'd really like to know.

BTW, I just had a friend call me "insane" for spending $900 on a used CDP...:)
    Steve Carlson
    Von Schweikert VR-33 speakers
    Bel Canto eVo2i integrated amp
    Bel Canto PL-2 universal disc player
    Analysis Plus Oval Nine speaker cables and Copper Oval-In Micro interconnects
    VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables
    Polk Monitor 10B speakers, retired but not forgotten
  • reeltrouble1
    edited March 2009
    Options
    pffffftttt......the polishing cloth I use on my CD player costs more than that.

bitty boppity boop
    who kicked bobt off the stoop
    F1 you say
    He's bad every way
    bitty boppity boop

Oh yea.......and he is NationWide

RT1
  • Flash21
    Flash21 Posts: 316
    edited March 2009
    Options
    pffffftttt......the polishing cloth I use on my CD player costs more than that.
    Well you probably have more in the bank than I do... :)
    Steve Carlson
    Von Schweikert VR-33 speakers
    Bel Canto eVo2i integrated amp
    Bel Canto PL-2 universal disc player
    Analysis Plus Oval Nine speaker cables and Copper Oval-In Micro interconnects
    VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables
    Polk Monitor 10B speakers, retired but not forgotten
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah..ok Ben....YES..you can get custom cable made...DUUUUU

I have done that many times......but....you can only do so much...the basic cable is the same...you can have it wraped with what ever..any color you want.... but only so far..yes, you can have gold ends put on it, or whatever you want,

BUT bottom line the base cable is still the same.

OMG I can't believe I missed this thread. This guy is a hoot. You can wrap them any way you want... any color. I happen to preferr grey cables and I was pretty sure there was only one place that made grey cables. The grey ones sound the bestest. Ooohh... and custom gold ends. Very sophisticated. (that means fancy, bobt.... or how about... neato?)
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited March 2009
    Options
    NOW....there are only so many companies that REALLY make ..ANY kind of cable. About 3, but I'm not sure on that.

Need anyone say more?
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well, since this is where everyone seems to be coming lately to talk about wires and cables, I figure I might try and get some advice from the gathered experts. Which has a bigger impact on audio, speaker wire or interconnects? I'm sure that someone will chime in with both, but the reason I ask is that my speakers have already been wired in-wall with standard 12 gauge speaker wire... OK, it's "Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire" from monoprice, ;) but obviously pretty basic stuff.

Btw, the monoprice description for this product includes, "Specially designed, high purity, oxygen free copper for wide frequency range, low signal loss and enhanced emphasis on the low end for loud, clear and bold audio reproduction." Hmmm... seems like different wire might produce different results...

Anyhow, considering that replacing my speaker wire would be tremendously difficult, and if I just assume that what I have is "OK" for me, would I find a noticeable difference with better ICs, even though my speaker wire is basic?

This is what I'm using now. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2288966 (Don't laugh.):)
  • CowboyRJB2
    CowboyRJB2 Posts: 58
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I used to subscribe to STEREOPHILE magazine. In one issue they tested extremelt high end, expensive speaker cables. it gets to a point that the human ear cant tell differences. They also hooked up the same test speakers with heavy gage LAMP WIRE they bought from a local hardware store and there wasnt any incredible difference, audibly, except on their meters
    ELITE VSX-99 REFERENCE
    ELITE PD-65
    SDA-1C's with new RDO194-1 tweeters as MAINS
    MAGNEPAN TYMPANI 1D's for alternate fronts for classical music
    PARADIGM REFERENCE CC-450 Center
    MONITOR SERIES II... M10 REARS
    2 POLK DSW-600PRO SUBS

"ROCKIN THE HOUSE"
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2009
    Options
    IMO, interconnects have more of an influence on sound than speaker cables. And depending on the component, power cords can have more of an influence on sound than speaker cables.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,560
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Interconnects are where to start. I could hear those changes without trying
    very hard. Speaker cable changes seem to kinda sneak up on you.
    With that said, I was using a cheap 14ga bulk wire between the bottom
    and top halves of the GNP's (two piece speakers).
    Changing out to a better cable between them was very noticable.
    AS always, your milage may vary.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • reeltrouble1
    edited March 2009
    Options
    That said it is by denifition a system and any weakness is systemic to the system.

or

as MadMax says.........everything matters.
  • Lowell_M
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I also would say that interconnects have made the biggest impact compared to speaker wire. I made the jump from the Rat-shack cables to Signalcable Analog I's and the difference was tremendous.

Speaker cables do make a difference... a large difference in fact when we compared Ben's Silver IC's, Canare Star Quad and MIT (not sure which model) speaker cables the difference in detail and sound signature was much more noticable than I expected.

(By the way... I used to be in the cables DON'T make a difference group, and tried to tell myself I was crazy when I heard a difference, but the difference is unmistakeable and now I'm a believer.. I don't care what Stereophile says)
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2009
    Options
    a_mattison wrote: »
    (By the way... I used to be in the cables DON'T make a difference group, and tried to tell myself I was crazy when I heard a difference, but the difference is unmistakeable and now I'm a believer.. I don't care what Stereophile says)

And then you snuck out the back door without leaving a donation at the Temple of Audio Redemption :rolleyes:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Cables are Hoodoo Voodoo.........everyone knows wireless RULE's.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Lowell_M
    edited March 2009
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Cables are Hoodoo Voodoo.........everyone knows wireless RULE's.

H9

You kidding?! Then We'd all be modifying the air in our houses to transmit the radio frequencies better.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You aren't doing that yet?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2009
    Options
This discussion has been closed.