Your favorite beer?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I still wish I could get Yeunling in the Midwest. Love that beer.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Brock
    Many liquor stores can special order...just a thought.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited June 2011
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Brock
    Many liquor stores can special order...just a thought.

Steve, there isn't a distibutor around here. Closest to Illinois is Tennesee.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorourke07
    dorourke07 Posts: 298
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I have half a dozen local stores in NW Ohio who are dying to order Yeungling. The company won't allow it. I have to have relatives bring it from New York.
    Mains - LSi9's
    Center - LSiC
    Surround - pair of TL3's
    Amplification - Parasound 2125
    AVR - Onkyo 706
    CD/SACD - Onkyo DV-SP506
    SUB - MartinLogan Abyss
    55" Panasonic Viera TC-P55GT30 3D
    Bluray - DMP-BDT310 Panasonic
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2011
    Options
    dorourke07 wrote: »
    I have half a dozen local stores in NW Ohio who are dying to order Yeungling. The company won't allow it. I have to have relatives bring it from New York.

They won't allow it because of some dispute about distribution rights or something. That and I doubt they have the capacity right now. They grew real fast. So fast that the majority of Yuengling brewed comes out of like Florida and Mississippi, not PA. Although the Pottsville plant is still open and operating along with the corp HQ, it cannot supply nearly the amount that gets sold on a regular basis. I've read news stories that they've been trying to get a contract brewer to help expand the distro but the only ones with enough capacity are their direct competition in like AB, Miller and Coors.

Then again, you build your own fan page and start a petition: http://bringyuenglingtogeorgia.com/
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is my favorite summer beer. It has been in the rotation for awhile now; the only problem is finding a place that has it in stock!

http://leinie.com/summer_shandy.html
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Them snooty Northwesterners and their "microbrews" have no idea what their missing.

Hey, I'm a snooty northwesterner.:wink: Actually, most of the microbrews up here are not my favorite beers. There are a couple from Full Sail (the limited brews) that are OK, but in general the microbrews up here don't have much to offer IMO. I would be intrested in trying some of the beers you mentioned, if I could find them.

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • jpena53
    jpena53 Posts: 68
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sierra Nevada Killerweizen and Crystal Wheat.
    Crystal Wheat is however only available in Chico, CA.
    Fronts: Monitor 20s
    Center: CS2
    Rear: Monitor 30s
    Sub: PSW505
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-521K

My first true audio setup :smile:

Current Upgrade Plans
    Fronts: Monitor 70s
    Center: CS2
    Rear: Monitor 50s
    Sub: PSW505
    AVR: ???? No idea yet
  • Jer.War
    Jer.War Posts: 180
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Blue Moon is def. a tasty brew, I like Steam Whistle for a Pilsner, hard to go wrong with a Stella...

[The Ever-Evolving System

LSI15's (PNF Symphony cabels, modded X-Over and subs), LSIC, LSI7's, Rega Apollo CDP (PNF ICON ICs, modified PS cct.), Yamaha RXV-1700 w/ ipod dock, B&K REF200.2 (fronts) Samsung BDP-1600, XBOX360, Patriot Box Office Media Player, 42" Samsung LCD.
  • On3s&Z3r0s
    On3s&Z3r0s Posts: 1,013
    edited June 2011
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    Hey, I'm a snooty northwesterner.:wink: Actually, most of the microbrews up here are not my favorite beers. There are a couple from Full Sail (the limited brews) that are OK, but in general the microbrews up here don't have much to offer IMO. I would be intrested in trying some of the beers you mentioned, if I could find them.

Greg

Man, how can you throw Ninkasi and Rogue under the bus like that?!? :smile: It's weird that the northwesterners have the rep for being snooty about their microbrews. California and Colorado are at least as nutty as we are when it comes to their brew. But I do like the variety available here. Sometimes it goes a little too far. I just recently had a local micro called Rosemary's Baby, so named because they include rosemary in the boil. That was not right.

And it says something that being from a place where I hardly ever get to see sun that when I go to Florida I look forward to the Yuengling as much as the vitamin D. :cool:
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Manlaw: Thou shall not fruit the beer!:eek:
  • kappclark
    kappclark Posts: 136
    edited June 2011
    Options
    In Brattleboro VT, McNeill's brewery has an excellent amber ale...his beer is what inspired me to become a homebrewer, so I should say my favorite beer is my own !
    Great homebrewing forum - www.homebrewtalk.com
    ** Bill Clark Windham, VT **
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kappclark wrote: »
    In Brattleboro VT, McNeill's brewery has an excellent amber ale...his beer is what inspired me to become a homebrewer, so I should say my favorite beer is my own !
    Great homebrewing forum - www.homebrewtalk.com

We've been through Brattleboro but I don't remember McNeill's. We do always make a point to stop by Long Trail when in VT, though. Good beer, great location and good food. The cheddar cheese soup is amazing.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Jstas
    edited June 2011
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    We've been through Brattleboro but I don't remember McNeill's. We do always make a point to stop by Long Trail when in VT, though. Good beer, great location and good food. The cheddar cheese soup is amazing.

Ah ha! Lucky me, a local liquor store carries Long Trail!

Blackbeary Wheat...incredible stuff!

• Slaine777
    Slaine777 Posts: 78
    edited June 2011
    Options
    For a while there my top two beers were
    Fat Tire
    New Castle

Recently I've discovered and really enjoy
    Odell's 90 Shilling
    Bell's Porter
    Boulevard Sixth Glass
  • blehmbo
    blehmbo Posts: 179
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My favorite is Blue Moon, without the orange slice.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited June 2011
    Options
    On3s&Z3r0s wrote: »
    Man, how can you throw Ninkasi and Rogue under the bus like that?!? :smile: It's weird that the northwesterners have the rep for being snooty about their microbrews. California and Colorado are at least as nutty as we are when it comes to their brew. But I do like the variety available here. Sometimes it goes a little too far. I just recently had a local micro called Rosemary's Baby, so named because they include rosemary in the boil. That was not right.

And it says something that being from a place where I hardly ever get to see sun that when I go to Florida I look forward to the Yuengling as much as the vitamin D. :cool:

Thanks for the correction! Actually, just after I posted, I thought about Rogue and Ninkasi. I love Rogue's Shakespeare Stout. Fantastic stout! Many good beers put out by Rogue.

Ninkasi's Tricerahops is also very nice. Great hop flavors! I have this on tap every year at the Oregon air show in Hillsboro.

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lately my favorite beer has been a local brew called Firemans #4 really good light ale!
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sweetwater 420 is quickly becoming one of my new favorites.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • skipf
    skipf Posts: 694
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Negra Modelo. Someone also mentioned Pacifico which is excellent too, though I can't find it on the East coast.
  • apc
    apc Posts: 779
    edited June 2011
    Options
    skipf wrote: »
    Negra Modelo. Someone also mentioned Pacifico which is excellent too, though I can't find it on the East coast.

Speaking of Modelo's...I bought a case of mixed (half dark/half light) at Sam's recently and have grown tired of the foil. Use to not bother me as much, but I suppose enough little pieces have made their way into my mouth and it's annoying.
    Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I put away the thick,sticky,heavy brews during the heat of the summertime(except if I'm out for dinner), Natural Light by A.B. or Coors Light are my choice when I'm hot & sweaty. They taste just like beer-flavored water and I can drink a bunch of em, whereas, the brown ales etc........not so much. As soon as there's a chill in the air, a yummy Porter is brought back to mind. I might try homebrewing again this Fall and would appreciate any recipes suitable for newbs. Cheers!:biggrin:

This outfit is 25 min. away from me.
    http://www.flyingbarrel.com/
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited June 2011
    Options
    post #298 anmol.roes reported as spam for removal
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • Jstas
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wolaver's Wildflower Wheat.

I drank it all.

Unfiltered wheat beer made in Middlebury, VT with Chamomile and Honey. Oh, it's organic, like that freakin' matters.

Anyway, real smooth! You don't get any honey until the after taste. That's not a bad thing! Lightly hopped and the Chamomile is actually pretty relaxing. They say it's 4.25% ABV but that's gotta be a lie. One of these and you'll be feeling it.

It's probably hard to find outside of Vermont let alone the Northeast. Even the Otter Creek brews are hard to find outside of Vermont. Otter Creek is the parent company to Wolaver's. Both breweries make excellent brews. If you can find any of them where you are, totally worth the coin to pick up a 6-pack. Especially the Wildflower Wheat which I'm told is new this year.

Apparently they are now under the Long Trail umbrella (Otter Creek and Wolaver's) though so distro might be more proliferate. Honestly, Long Trail, Otter Creek or Wolaver's, I've never had a bad brew from any of them.

IMG_06361-200x300.jpg

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I gotta new beer i'm into now , it's called Boddigton's pub ale. It's creamy and beautiful. great summer beer.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • byfthalone
    byfthalone Posts: 345
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Killian's Irish Red
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The whole Great Lakes line is pretty good. "Burning River" is especially smooth and flavorful, but if I had to pick one for the rest of my life it would be Lazy Magnolia from Mississippi. They have a nut brown ale brewed with pecans. WOW! (unless you don't like pecans, although it is just a hint)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mantis, that is a good brew. The local Kroger still sells it for $5.99 a four pack AND IT NEVER SELLS OUT! Too many hillbillys around here for that to happen.
  • ballen823
    ballen823 Posts: 110
    edited July 2011
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    I gotta new beer i'm into now , it's called Boddigton's pub ale. It's creamy and beautiful. great summer beer.

That stuff is the best. Love it. My uncle turned me onto it a few years back. We have a local bar called the British Beer Company that has that and Old Speckled Hen on tap (along with about 30 other great beers).