jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Tecate

tecate_snow_040405.jpg

....yep..on ice
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2008
    Options
    That's awesome. Tecate is the only beer that actually tastes better in a can than a bottle IMO.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2008
    Options
    That's awesome. Tecate is the only beer that actually tastes better in a can than a bottle IMO.

Do you know why? Because its in a tin can instead of aluminum.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Wow!!! I never knew that. Cool concept.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Tecate is also a direct import from Mexico. It's not brewed under license like alot of other Mexican beers. It's imported through White Plains, NY though.

It used to be an independent from like the late 1800's I think it was? It was bought in 1955 by the same company that brews Dos Equis and a bunch of other beers that don't get exported to the States. They had a whole, detailed history on the website for it but it's all gone and "Under Construction" notice is up. Otherwise, I'd verify the names and such.

Tecate is one of my favorite imports and makes a GREAT summer beer! I also like it with spicy food. The light body and taste compliments a fiery fare well. Alot of people don't like it. It's like Rolling Rock in it's acquired taste status. Well, not so much anymore because Rolling Rock sucks now that Anheuser-Busch took brewing away from Latrobe and sent it to it's plants in Newark, NJ. I dunno what it is. Rolling Rock was an acquired tastes but it was never "bad", just different. It used alot of corn and rice in the recipe so it had a harsher taste reminiscent of a cheap, un-aged whiskey. Now, it just tastes and smells skunky all the time. At least Anheuser-Busch did one thing for the Rolling Rock brand and that was make it consistent, even if it is consistently bad.

Oh, I also heard that late in 2006, City Brewing Company purchased the Latrobe Brewing Company plant. City doesn't have any of it's own brands, at least none that are widely available outside of Wisconsin, it's just a contractor plant at the Latrobe location. So now, Samuel Adams beers are brewed there.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2008
    Options
    +100000 on Rolling Rock. "Perpetually skunky" comes to mind. I also feel the same way about Becks. Maybe the green bottle is acting as a placebo effect?
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2008
    Options
    +100000 on Rolling Rock. "Perpetually skunky" comes to mind. I also feel the same way about Becks. Maybe the green bottle is acting as a placebo effect?

It didn't used to be though. I would hit a skunky one or two or sometimes a whole batch every so often but I drank it enough that I had many more good ones than bad ones. The pony bottles and cans tended to fare better than the 12 oz variety. Besides, it was a beer that wasn't a light beer and was always on the dollar specials at the local bars when I was in college.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited June 2008
    Options
    bikezappa wrote: »
    The next beer.

+ 1 ....
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2008
    Options

I was always bewildered how people could like Heineken for this very reason. Rolling ROck tastes like ambrosia of the Gods compared to the ****-**** skunky taste of Heineken, yet everyone seems convinced it's awesome? I feel like there's Bose-level brainwashing going on there.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I always liked Heineken, but there's no doubt they have done good marketing.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Opened the Palo Santo tonight. Very good beer! a little thicker then I was expecting for a Brown Ale as it tastes more like a Stout, but none the less damn good! At $4.00 a bottle it better be though lol.

PaloSanto.jpg
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Labatt Blue - Used to travel by boat from Cleveland to Canada and buy cases when I was possibly to young to be buying "said" cases. :eek: I was very popular with my peers upon my return and I have always enjoyed the taste. That was a long time ago. I have repented my ways and only buy for myself now.:D
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Opened the Palo Santo tonight. Very good beer! a little thicker then I was expecting for a Brown Ale as it tastes more like a Stout, but none the less damn good! At $4.00 a bottle it better be though lol.

That is some good stuff. Have you tried their Black and Blue? Made with black raspberries and blueberries, it's nowhere near as fruity as I thought it may be.

Looks like you have a good selection from Dogfish Head out there, nice!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • 66chevyIISS
    edited June 2008
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    That is some good stuff. Have you tried their Black and Blue? Made with black raspberries and blueberries, it's nowhere near as fruity as I thought it may be.

Looks like you have a good selection from Dogfish Head out there, nice!

I have not tried the black and blue yet, I see it was released in April. Will have to ask the beer guy if they can get some.

I'm pretty luck to live close to a Grocery store that has an incredible beer selection. They emphasize on craft brews and special order a lot of stuff.

I have yet to really find a dogfish beer that I don't like. Most are pretty strong, but they do a great job on masking the alcohol taste. Can't wait to try the Immort Ale tonight.

The next one looking forward to is the World Wide stout that comes out this fall. Had it last November and it is probably in my top 5 stouts.
    My Home Theater (WIP):

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • 66chevyIISS
    edited June 2008
    Options
    We can't let this thread die :D

Having the Immort Ale finally! WOW this beer is even better then the Palo Santo. I will be going back for more before they run out.

DogfishheadImmortAle.jpg
    My Home Theater (WIP):

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • hydrostream
    hydrostream Posts: 549
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Well for about 20 years now Old Milwaukee or as i call it
    Old make me walk funny.
    jerry
    Main- GTP-500II,GDC-600,GFA-555II and energy C-500s
    Basement-Audiosource pre/tuner,GFA-545,Onkyo
    DX-1400 and RTI10s
    Garage-GTP-450,onkyo M-282 and R50s with RTi55
    drivers and X-overs.
    My baby 18' V-king Mod VP with a merc 2.4 BP.
    KTM 620 Supermoto
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2008
    Options
    I drank some UFO stuff last night...gooooooooood stuff. 4 bottles went down no problem.
  • 66chevyIISS
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Picked up some Unique limited beers today.

Stone's 12th Anniversary beer just released in limited quanities on 7/7/08 and a 20th Anniversary Limited Black Butte XX from Deschutes Brewery. I plan to age at least one of the Stone's I think to try at a later date.

BlackButteXXStone12thAnni-1.jpg
    My Home Theater (WIP):

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited July 2008
    Options
    see if you can find this : OLD ENGINE OIL:D

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/323/875/

i likes me Guinness but this is a nice treat! I found it at Total Wine & More
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I enjoy two types of beer an awful lot. For everyday drinking, I enjoy Sam Adams Honey Porter as well as their namesake lager. For special occasions, I'll whip out the Belgian Lucifer, a triple that has a hint of honey and is FANTASTIC.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • skevill
    skevill Posts: 38
    edited July 2008
    Options
    killians
    sam adams
    CS400 For Sale
  • 66chevyIISS
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Haven't seen the "Old Engine Oil" yet, but I will check some of my stores and give it a try.

I've hit the jackpot over the past couple days on rare Stouts and Porters. I got quite the collection started here. Can't wait to try them all. I drank one of the Stone 12th Anniversaries tonight it was delicious.

UniqueStoutsPorters.jpg
    My Home Theater (WIP):

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited July 2008
    Options
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I settle for (and drink many) Busch Lights. A-7s and a hottie!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • ajsankot
    ajsankot Posts: 141
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Miller the High Life when ice cold and in a nice bottle I can hear the creepy High Life voice in the background telling me that Yes, I am liveing the High Life
  • GEBBY44
    GEBBY44 Posts: 939
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Sweetwater 420 (southern people anywhere?)
    New Belgium Fat Tire
    New Belgium Frambozen (raspberry beer that is fruity and delicious)
    New Belgium Sunshine

Obviously, I'm a New Belgium fanboy. Still the best brewery in the country. Exclusively wind powered. Must make the beer taste better.
  • 66chevyIISS
    edited July 2008
    Options
    GEBBY44 wrote: »
    Sweetwater 420 (southern people anywhere?)
    New Belgium Fat Tire
    New Belgium Frambozen (raspberry beer that is fruity and delicious)
    New Belgium Sunshine

Obviously, I'm a New Belgium fanboy. Still the best brewery in the country. Exclusively wind powered. Must make the beer taste better.

My favorite New Belgium Beer is the Trippel. New Belgium is definitely green with all Bio Diesel trucks, wind powered and they also have a wastewater treatment facility that produces 15% of the brewery’s electricity needs.
    My Home Theater (WIP):

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Corona is my beer of choice.
    For mixed drinks black russian.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited July 2008
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I was always bewildered how people could like Heineken for this very reason. Rolling ROck tastes like ambrosia of the Gods compared to the ****-**** skunky taste of Heineken, yet everyone seems convinced it's awesome? I feel like there's Bose-level brainwashing going on there.

AMEN. I never got it either. Why would you want a beer that tastes like a skunk **** in your bottle? And I do agree in that every single green bottle beer ends up with that same taste/aroma.

Desparately seeking some Kilkenny right now, but I don't think its exported to the US at all, so I may be out of luck.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • zac1mex2002
    zac1mex2002 Posts: 3
    edited July 2008
    Options
    my favorite beers are
    bud light, dos x s, red corona, budwieser, modelo, tecate,
    tequilas are crown royal, presidente, jose cuervo, cazadores, jimador,
    youll got a real alcoholic that just joined in just kidding only like them for their exqusite taste laters and keep on drinking ok bye