Options

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Heienken or blue moon with slice of orange Yummy

But I chose Heienken as #1 beer in the world

How those two can even be mentioned in the same sentence truly baffles my mind.

Heineken tastes like a bag of open ****.

Blue Moon is delicious.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2009
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Heineken tastes like a bag of open ****.

LOL. I totally agree. Its worse than piss in a bottle.
  • cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I don't have a favorite ever since an experience with alcohol poisoning due to.....
    Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA

21% alcohol... :eek:
  • dfranks
    dfranks Posts: 207
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Alexander Keiths, or Mt Begbie Cream ale, Or Granville Island Nat Bailey.

All fine Canadian beer with some alcohol in em too.
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Norm Apter wrote: »
    Be it Pilsner, Ale, Stout, Lager, Black-n-Tan, Imported, Domestic, or Micro...what's your favorite brew?

Its been while (mid 1990s) since I've explored tasty brews, and I thought others may have particular selections they'd like to share.

Not having tried anything new in a while, I'll put down Newcastle Brown Ale as mine. (But I seem to recall one by the name of Blackened Voodoo -- if I'm not mistaken -- that I always meant to try, but never did. I just thought it had the coolest name, not having any idea what it might taste like).

Yes!

(I also enjoy brewing my own. I have a batch bubbling away right now).
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • kve777
    kve777 Posts: 10
    edited January 2009
    Options
    While on the internet- Coors Light(gotta watch that figure!)
    With dinner- Sam Adams Lager
    When in Philly- Yuengling!
    Special Occasions- Guinness Draught(It's a meal all by itself!)
    When driving- O'Doul's
    When my roommate's not looking and I'm out of Coors- Budweiser(but I have to pay the next day!)
    When I strike it rich- La Fin du Monde[/B]
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It's funny, and I'll probably need my flak jacket or at least rain coat here. I've stocked the fridge with nearly every import and domestic imaginable over my past 3-1/2 decades of legally enjoying adult beverages.

I can't remember when it first came out, but I put some of this in the fridge.

No matter where my tastes go, I always come back to this old standby . . . my favorite

. . . Bud Light :)

#2 . . . Rolling Rock
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • TSWisla
    TSWisla Posts: 446
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Zywiec or Anchor Steam!
    Zu Soul Supreme
    Coincident Frankenstein mkIII
    Esoteric K-07
  • metal83
    metal83 Posts: 1,219
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I prefer Bud and Bud light, i've switched back and fourth through the years to so many different kinds of beer, but i inevitably end up back at one of those two.

I always like to make sure my fridge is stocked, nothing worse then coming home from a hard days work, wanting a beer, and having to drive to the store! lol :D
  • seswanson
    seswanson Posts: 1
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hoegaarden and Franziskaner are my favorites and are almost impossible to find in the Carolinas and Georgia. I was surprised to find both at every bar I visited in Milledgeville, GA. Come on Columbia, Greenville, Charleston, Atlanta, Raleigh, Greensboro! Let's wake up to the great taste of a hefeweizen weissbier!
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your first post and you drag up an old thread about alcohol?

You'll fit in just fine here. :D
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yes indeed!

I just got these in a trade
    3860253365_7114fd8f75_o.jpg
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • sTiLlLeArNiNg
    sTiLlLeArNiNg Posts: 805
    edited September 2009
    Options
    steamwhistle and creemore spring's :D
    Media Room 7.1
    Sharp lc37d64u | Sanus vmsab-03 | Sonax ZX8680 | Yamaha htr-6290b | Emotiva xpa1 x 2 & xpa5 | RTiA 9 & 7 | CSiA 6 | FXiA 6 | Sanus NF30B-03 | Velodyne dls-3750r | Dual 505-3 m97xe | Monster avs2000/hts5100

HTPC
    Intel e5300 | Asus p5q DLX | LG ch08 BD | OCZ 4g reaper2 | WD 1TB | Sapphire 4890 VaporX 1g | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | OCZ modXtreme 700w | Antec Fusion remote MAX

A fool and his money are easily parted
    I don't drink Koolaid

Need some cable's? Just ask :)
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Soooo many good beers. But if I had to pick one that's just always excellent, I'd pict Lagunitas Brewery's Censored.

Just terrific.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ShinAce wrote: »
    Kronenburg 1664
    Just noticed that post, but Kronenbourg 1664 is actually rather good, IMO. I've never found it this side of the pond, however, and I think I'd still rather drink Chimay ...

Besides ... Lightman thinks I drink too much already, so he's probably going to be putting me on a forced "milk only" diet.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Had a couple in Vermont over the weekend. But don't go looking for them outside of the area, you are not likely to find them.

First up, Long Trail Ale. This is a simple brew and while Long Trail has a pretty wide selection of brews, this is simple and just flat out good. It's smooth, finishes clean and has the perfect amount of hops. No weird fruity aromas or after tastes either. It has a bit of a floral aroma but it doesn't translate to taste. So in essence, as with many craft beers from brewers whose brewmasters think they know what they are doing but in reality don't have a clue, this one is done right and it doesn't taste like you are drinking the runoff from a compost pile. But seriously, if you can find them, Long Trail is totally worth whatever it costs. By far one of my favorites from the Vermont brewers.

http://www.longtrail.com/home.html

The other one is Switchback. These guys are increasing the distro but still, pretty much only local. They are out of Burlington, VT and most of the brews are available in bars and restaurants. They bottle but it's damn near impossible to find. However, the Switchback Ale is my favorite. It's clean and light enough that it can go with any meal or just pounding them back watching a baseball game on the back deck on a pleasant Saturday afternoon in late August/Early September (like what I was doing last Saturday!). Again, like the Long Trail, hopped perfectly and finishes very clean with no goofy citrus flavors or anything. Actually, the after tastes kind of remind me of a Philly soft pretzel and that's not a bad thing. So if you're in the area up there, grab a big bacon cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, onions and peppers and a Switchback Ale and go to town!

They ain't got a website but they are on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/switchback.brewing?_fb_noscript=1
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Anchor Steam and New Castle for now.
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,879
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Stella, Keith's are the beers in our bar fridge all the time. Others would be, Steam whistle, Corona and Heineken.
  • Rodwil
    Rodwil Posts: 2
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Has anyone tried anything from Stone Brewery? Yummy...
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Rodwil wrote: »
    Has anyone tried anything from Stone Brewery? Yummy...

They are 15 minutes away from where I live!
    beer.gif

I like most everything they brew - I personally like the balance of their Levitation Ale, but others are probably more familiar with their over the top brews such as Arrogant ****. :D

Right now is my favorite time of year.....Oktoberfest brews are hitting the shelves!!!!!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Right now is my favorite time of year.....Oktoberfest brews are hitting the shelves!!!!!

+1. I just had a Pumpkinhead Ale at Salem BeerWorks.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • sTiLlLeArNiNg
    sTiLlLeArNiNg Posts: 805
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ShinAce wrote: »
    Kronenburg 1664

another good, relatively unknown beer :)
    Media Room 7.1
    Sharp lc37d64u | Sanus vmsab-03 | Sonax ZX8680 | Yamaha htr-6290b | Emotiva xpa1 x 2 & xpa5 | RTiA 9 & 7 | CSiA 6 | FXiA 6 | Sanus NF30B-03 | Velodyne dls-3750r | Dual 505-3 m97xe | Monster avs2000/hts5100

HTPC
    Intel e5300 | Asus p5q DLX | LG ch08 BD | OCZ 4g reaper2 | WD 1TB | Sapphire 4890 VaporX 1g | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | OCZ modXtreme 700w | Antec Fusion remote MAX

A fool and his money are easily parted
    I don't drink Koolaid

Need some cable's? Just ask :)
  • jimsvm
    jimsvm Posts: 307
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ex for life.
    Rec rm vm30 micro pro 3000 akai 2 channel. ht anthem MTX 5 channel anthem P2 statement anthem 325, 8 channel Martin Logan power amp for 4 ceiling ls900 2 and outdoor polks, 2 JL 110’s subs panasonic 65" plasma lsim 705’s , 706c, L200 and Control 4 garage rig monitor 10s crossovers by VR3, dynamat, RDO-194's, new drivers. psw 111 Pioneer 9040 BDP53fd 100 " screen Nakamichi HD projector, and Panasonic 65” plasma.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,879
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ex for life.

As long as it's not 50....
  • blueboxer
    blueboxer Posts: 621
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale, Rogue is pretty good, Chimay is an excellent choice as well. I love Corsendonk and a good Framboise Lambic on certain occassions. Shiner Bock gets my vote for best bang for the buck with Stone Brewery coming in a close second.
  • BrettT1
    BrettT1 Posts: 560
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Sam Adams here. Octoberfest is the seasonal right now... it's good.
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited September 2009
    Options
    BrettT1 wrote: »
    Sam Adams here. Octoberfest is the seasonal right now... it's good.

That's a good one.

I'm just giddy with excitement this time of year!! :D

I love going to BevMo and picking up 4 six packs- all different Oktoberfest, then just have an Oktoberfest beer orgy...;)

Spaten's Oktoberfest is good too.

There's a local San Diego brewery called Karl Strauss which has another good Oktoberfest brew....

Any other Oktoberfests folks like???

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Already had some punkins. I got a couple Pumkings as well from Southern Tier. My Favorite Oktoberfest is from Avery called Kaiser. It's an imperial Oktoberfest.

Got these the other day.

3904994871_298fce52c0_o.jpg
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Stella Artois for high priced and Natural Light for budget.:)
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's Oktoberfest season!!

So far, tried a few this year.
    From best to worst:

Hacker Pshorr Oktoberfest
    New Belgium Hoptoberfest
    Haufbrau Oktoberfest
    Spaten Oktoberfest
    Bell's Octoberfest
    Sam Adams Octoberfest
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010