I Love SL2000 Tweeters

Options

Comments

• Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited March 2008
    Options
    The Cavalry is here. What took you so long? :D

Well it takes you a minute to logoff as CL and then logon as LTI.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I'm sure the mods will be checking that ;)
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I'm sure the mods will be checking that ;)

Nice comeback!:D

I don't doubt that for a moment!
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Where's DK and his spidey sense when you need him??? :D

It can be proven mathematically by anyone proficient in speaker and x-over design that CL35M's tweak isn't doing anything but attenuating the tweeter and moving the x-over point. There's no need to experiment because the MATH tells us exactly what will happen.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • candyliquor35m
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I had the same suspicion with f1nut and notasuv and doro confirmed they are twins from different mothers :)
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited March 2008
    Options
    The Cavalry is here. What took you so long? :D

A calvary of one? Beautiful...the blind leading the blind.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Someone shut down this thread before I get banned.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ShinAce
    ShinAce Posts: 1,194
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I don't think the horse is dead yet.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,094
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »

LoL, I was thinking the same thing, but then I figured it wasn't worth it to waste my breath anymore on CL35M and his calvary of one!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,864
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I had the same suspicion with f1nut and notasuv and doro confirmed they are twins from different mothers :)

Can you possibly be more asinine!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• License2ILL
    License2ILL Posts: 71
    edited March 2008
    Options

Oh oh oh where art thou my admin Romeo where art thou??? save us from these savages who only seek to discredit the holy design of the originals......
    The SL2000wc wow what a predicament!!!!!:D Order one today.......1-800-429-5423 for direct orders with anyone of the elite ee guys that frequent this forum.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,427
    edited March 2008
    Options
    There are two people on this thread that just need to go. Or one, whichever.

Stay on topic. Can you two (one) comprehend?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • candyliquor35m
    edited March 2008
    Options
    There is no reason to shut this thread down. This is a pure discussion of audio and the wide range of mixed opinions that the topic of audio always brings.

The attacks have been minimal and the only ones complaining but can't seem to stay away from this thread are the naysayers.

There are already a handful of members interested in continuing this discussion in a constructive manner with the goal of improving our listening experiences with Polk speakers.

Advice to naysayers: "Stop opening this thread and have a good day. Believe me, you'll sleep better tonight by following my advice."
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I guess you'll be lumping all the endless cables debates together too because this debate isn't any different except fewer ppl have tried this one.
    If you ppl want to "holy-fy" original setups then remember that is what you do by choice. No one is forcing you to.

I cant explain why someone would want to pose as another person on a forum...especially when even though a lot of people dont like the first persona
    ...I had no issues with the first persona....hey more power to you in your beliefs.

But when the alter ego is a dick disrupting the forum...I take issue with that.
    Little things humans do define them....even when masking your IP or using someone elses PC setup...you leave clues as to who you are.

I found 7 exact similarities between the two personas...I only need to mention one here.....NOBODY else in the discussion uses the shortened ppl when saying the word people. And thats just ONE.

Kill the dickhead persona and get back to your regular member identity
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • License2ILL
    edited March 2008
    Options
    nms wrote: »
    It can be proven mathematically by anyone proficient in speaker and x-over design that CL35M's tweak isn't doing anything but attenuating the tweeter and moving the x-over point. There's no need to experiment because the MATH tells us exactly what will happen.

This is something for you to consider CL and I don't know if you may be damaging the x-over, but if it does not and you like the way it sounds then it's your choice. If it is damaging then hey it will lead you to replace components....and even in light of that is still your choice becuz it would be your pocket they come out of not mine.

That's all you ppl have to say.....not sit here and rant about tweaks and mods...and the ppl who do them.

Now if it bothered me so that he continued with it then I'd not return to this thread very simply. Without even an exit statement....or (not getting laid) misery chime.

Personally I think that if he wants to apply a mod it needs to happen at the XO and not after it. But again....what he does out of his own preference is his decision. And you can't disspell what he hears until you actually do it yourself....think your too good to do it???? don't want to waste your time? Good for you have a scooby snack.

shiny shiny knights templars of polk audio land.....*yawn*....your feeble minds don't require an army...or a cavalry........you've already lost...the world's technology has always been in the hands of modders and tweakers...
    As for non-tweakers?? they're just the clients.

Enjoy your speakers all......however you see fit.
    (with your favorite battery operated devices or not......not that there is anything wrong with that......:D)
    The SL2000wc wow what a predicament!!!!!:D Order one today.......1-800-429-5423 for direct orders with anyone of the elite ee guys that frequent this forum.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited March 2008
    Options
    That's all you ppl have to say.....not sit here and rant about tweaks and mods...and the ppl who do them.

And yet again...
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • License2ILL
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I cant explain why someone would want to pose as another person on a forum

Another delusional paranoid...republican loose on the net!!!!!

"they have weapons of mass destruction!!! I swear I swear!!!!":D

Your all off your rockers.........
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Ignore, my Polk Audio peeps, IGNORE!

Just let it go....
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • License2ILL
    edited March 2008
    Options
    And yet again...

You'll make a fine detective one day boy!(spoken in as manly (****) a tone John Wayne could muster)

Dood my stomachs hurting!!! hahhaha

look u can connnect the 'ppl' wire to the grn connecting 2 original Polk MW6500's driven by a rockford fosgate punch 150 hooked up to the biggest CAP you can find @radio shack and send out an EMP blast that will knock out all of NYC.....but dont use any other drivers!!! or it wont work....and for sure for sure the wire it has to be 'ppl'......sssshhhh dont tell anybody.

And for my next act ....a mountain of SDA speakers powered by one single Tesla coil directly connected to Con Edison......when fired....republican ppl will stand erect and.......walk.......
  • candyliquor35m
    edited March 2008
    Options
    The mods take duplicate personas very serious and so do I. Have fun with your suspicions but there's no truth to them.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited March 2008
    Options
    This is something for you to consider CL and I don't know if you may be damaging the x-over, but if it does not and you like the way it sounds then it's your choice. If it is damaging then hey it will lead you to replace components....and even in light of that is still your choice becuz it would be your pocket they come out of not mine.

Personally I think that if he wants to apply a mod it needs to happen at the XO and not after it. But again....what he does out of his own preference is his decision. And you can't disspell what he hears until you actually do it yourself....

I agree that eventually this will be done at the x-over but this is all preliminary testing and tweaking which for me is easier to do at the tweeter level (no soldering, all plug and play). I also think that in some models like my 2.3's, a resistor may work as good or better than a cap but I haven't got that far yet.

Thanks for the help
  • Ricardo
    edited March 2008
    Options
    I agree that eventually this will be done at the x-over but this is all preliminary testing and tweaking which for me is easier to do at the tweeter level (no soldering, all plug and play). I also think that in some models like my 2.3's, a resistor may work as good or better than a cap but I haven't got that far yet.

Thanks for the help

Listen yo you; you talk about capacitors and resistors as if you actually knew something about what they are and what they do.

I guess that if it makes you happy.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Oh, and silly license; I heard you lost your virginity to bullies when you were in 5th grade; I understand now why you hide behind a keyboard trying to save the insane.....sorry, the weak.

Don't bother answering. Off for spring break vacations.

SOPA
  • candyliquor35m
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Listen yo you; you talk about capacitors and resistors as if you actually knew something about what they are and what they do.

I guess that if it makes you happy.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Let's just say that I don't have a big head yet but I'm learning :)
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Oh, and silly license; I heard you lost your virginity to bullies when you were in 5th grade;
    And just a hunch, but me thinks said bullies were Republicans.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2008
    Options
    The mods take duplicate personas very serious and so do I. Have fun with your suspicions but there's no truth to them.

It's too bad I don't have time to play right now and test that theory.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2008
    Options
    How do all these **** find their way to this forum.

More for the ignore list.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Ricardo,, did you sell the Belles? I thought that I saw it on A'gon. Whatcha' got now?:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Another delusional paranoid...republican loose on the net!!!!!

"they have weapons of mass destruction!!! I swear I swear!!!!":D

Your all off your rockers.........

Delusional would be a good reference to you. Thinking that your Sony 100wpc with a distortion of .7 is fine for driving Monitor 10's. Go play in the street kid. At least wise up, listen, and learn before carrying on with diarrhea of the mouth.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,864
    edited March 2008
    Options
    Judging from the quote you posted Ben, I'd have to say you nailed that one. Yep, still wet behind the ears.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

This discussion has been closed.