I am going to burn, and smash all my Polk's!

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    hey, has anyone else wondered why it took so long to make the decision in the first place. Sona started crying like a yenta, like, weeks ago right? then somewhere along the line, Rskartakingamoralstandbecauseihavelowselfesteem chimed in with his letter of tears and feminine prose a while ago, then today....out of the blue......shutdown. must have been ALOT of deliberation with the higher ups over time on this. would I have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall for that deliberation........:D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Hey Hey Hey. I and one other Polkie shall have you tossed into the eternal banishment pits of Polk for saying that:p

Sidetrack. How are the frankenbastards?
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    No she didn't contribute, but she had no problem taking all the help we offered her over and over and over and over again! It was a big scam to get a thread shut down by her. She even posted some BS thread and in several other threads even had to nerve to point fingers at some of us telling us we should be appalled at the TBT. Her agenda was so transparent that you could see through it like a nicely Windexed window.

good point, she did lay down a remarkable foundation of Bullsh*t before pulling this didnt she. perhaps her goal from jumstreet was closing down the TBT thread all along? good lord, what a ton of effort for something so silly.....but you'd have to resepct the tenacity just a bit.

if that was the case, SOna might be a genius, but Rskarvan would be a complete moron....talk about backing the wrong horse that we'll never see again if your theory holds true

interesting indeed
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    ... That doesn't explain how 2 **** can run the effin' forum.
    Please don't be rude to ****: some of those showing in the TBT were rather cute, and I'ld like to see some more without having to frequent a **** site (I hate them, because, unlike most of the TBT ... they have no taste)! Just my $0.02!
    Alea jacta est!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    To those that say Polk owns this forum and blah blah blah... how about this?

Without us buying their speakers, they wouldn't even have anything. We, therefore, own Polk. If we wouldn't buy their Mid-Fi speakers, they would be bankrupt. Therefore, don't we technically control them?

I could care less if the thread was shut down, it really doesn't matter to me... but isn't it pathetic that without us, they wouldn't be there...

In other words... WE control them... oh ya. Feel the power!!!

Words of Wisdom, Right ON Bro!

I'd like to add one more thing, we are the forum not just a few and yes I mean more than two. Without us there would be no club no-one to help except customer service which by the way is excellent. No one to push Polks products to our friends and families and acquaintances etc, etc, etc.

When I go to a High End store like Quest for Sound (no affil) who btw sells Polk speakers, I RAVE to the other customers how great I think Polk products and customer service are. I was just at a show at said place where there were at least 50 people who heard me talking about Polk's stuff.

We pretty much are all like that right?

What has Sona, Ron Skarvan, and a couple others done for Polk?

This is what is really troubling here.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »
    No, there are people that make it a game to use pressure and being offended to get websites to remove things, or change their policies. Most belong to web-rings where they publish their exploits and earn points or other honors for it. Some of the big consumer goods companies have been hit by coordinated onslaughts over the last few years. Welcome to the internet :(

Oskigod - see my previous thoughts on Sona. I also think she was here with a predetermined purpose.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    ... Just put those 2 on ignore. If no one pays any attention to THEM they will probably leave. ...
    No more from the self-righteous control freaks ... über done!
    Alea jacta est!
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2007

I'd like to add one more thing, we are the forum not just a few and yes I mean more than two. Without us there would be no club no-one to help except customer service which by the way is excellent. No one to push Polks products to our friends and families and acquaintances etc, etc, etc.

When I go to a High End store like Quest for Sound (no affil) who btw sells Polk speakers, I RAVE to the other customers how great I think Polk products and customer service is. I was just at a show at said place where there were at least 50 people who heard me talking about Polk's stuff.

Don't always agree with ya bro, but you are so right on... we the people...

I can't tell how many people I've bragged about my polks... not if this S#$^ keeps up... not worth it.

There are plenty of speakers out there... and if a little complaining minority sways the opinion of the Upper's in Polk country... how can you run a business that way?! Not happening.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Sidetrack. How are the frankenbastards?

They are resting peacefully. I have them in my office not hooked up. Very obtrusive. Very sad. Soon I hope to be in GA with my daughters. In a house. I hope my neighbors appreciate good music. I shall be respectful;)
    BTW
    They shall like my music, or I a newcomer to the neighbor hood shall have them removed:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »
    Oskigod - see my previous thoughts on Sona. I also think she was here with a predetermined purpose.

wow, I'm starting to come around on this. I might actually start feeling bad for Rskarvan. not that I'm gonna stop breaking his horns for being a filthy rat (I am Italian, what can I tell ya :) )

it's a shame to go on the outs at club polk by making a feminazi's job easier

it's seems more and more pathetic the more i think about it. not that it's going to stop me from laughing and whatnot, I mean lets get real
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Don't always agree with ya bro, but you are so right on... we the people...

I can't tell how many people I've bragged about my polks... not if this S#$^ keeps up... not worth it.

There are plenty of speakers out there... and if a little complaining minority sways the opinion of the Upper's in Polk country... how can you run a business that way?! Not happening.

You can't see this but I am giving a hearty "THUMBS UP."
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2007
    Wow, is this ****.

You are telling me that a two year old thread that has more than 200,000 views was locked because of two morons who has nothing better to do didnt like it...:confused:

rksarvan and sona. Let me guess, you guys can't go to football games because the teams have cheerleaders. Trust me, there is much more important things to worry about then a babe thread on an audio forum.
    GET A LIFE!
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • MrNightly
    edited December 2007
    You can't see this but I am giving a hearty "THUMBS UP."

Or is that Thumbs down?! ;)

~Waves hand~ "You See Nothing..."

"I see nothing..."
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007

When I go to a High End store like Quest for Sound (no affil) who btw sells Polk speakers, I RAVE to the other customers how great I think Polk products and customer service are. I was just at a show at said place where there were at least 50 people who heard me talking about Polk's stuff.

Stop being so damn politically correct, call my name out instead of posting for the 4th time tonight "and a couple others". Not a single person here doesnt know who you are refering to.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2007
    Wow, Silverti, you do have a chip. I don't get what set you off from that post.

Back to the real topic- Yes there were some less than tasteful pics that went in there and some of them definately been removed but all in all, if you're offended, leave. What would you expect from a thread with that title anyway?

Here's what really pisses me off:

What's more offensive: Telling a female forum of the forum to **** herself out to make her house payment or a picture of a stranger in her underwear?

Apperantly to Ron, it is a compliment if you are able to be a **** but offensive to have at a picture of a women.... Wow.... Maybe if everyone complained about Ron's post telling Darla to sell her body, he could go the way of the babe thread.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    edited December 2007
    **** envy...

that's what most of the problems in the world boil down to.. those that have small ones and those that wish they had one!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Wow, Silverti, you do have a chip. I don't get what set you off from that post.

purposfully trying to goad Joe into conflict, and thus get him banned. apparently any verbal altercation with Silverti gets the other person banned, or close to it. Leading me to my theory that he possesses naked pictures of someone within the Polk organization. just a theory.

10 itchy fingers ready to PM Justin as soon as Joe says boo.

see james, now were both gonna get a 6 day ban..LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2007
    That'll give us more time together.... lover....

(and now we're definately screwed... Dangit, did it again! WTH!)

Well, I'm prepping for my ban...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    **** it ban us all.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    purposfully trying to goad Joe into conflict, and thus get him banned. apparently any verbal altercation with Silverti gets the other person banned, or close to it. Leading me to my theory that he possesses naked pictures of someone within the Polk organization. just a theory.

10 itchy fingers ready to PM Justin as soon as Joe says boo.

see james, now were both gonna get a 6 day ban..LOL

+1 to this, he's just egging him on to get Joe banned at this point. I'm willing to bet Joe has had him on ignore this entire time and only seeing posts because we've quoting him.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    **** it ban us all.

Maybe that'll give me some street cred here.
    Open expression... seems to me a thing of the past.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2007
    **** it ban us all.

Ooooooooo..you said the 'F' word. Ooooooooooo
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    Ooooooooo..you said the 'F' word. Ooooooooooo

You can say it too. Most of us here won't be offended.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    DB, I agree that skin sales the Babe thread had nothing to do with speakers, but what offended me was the fact any car speaker show of Polk I going to see skin there too.

car audio show... rarely if ever home audio show. that may be the difference.. it's understandable. skin in skimpy clothes is still very acceptable in many different arena's, just maybe not for selling speakers on a web site.

Certainly clothing standards have changed alot in every decade.... what was perfectly acceptable in clothing amounts is considered way out of date by todays standards.. esp when on any awards show on TV, where some of the women wear see thru clothes.. and nearly nothing at all. Yes lots of people are ok with it.. but some aren't.. and really... are they just doing it to push the envelope? yes, they are.

I had no problem with Janet Jackson's boob on TV... but a lot of people really did.. remember that?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    danger boy wrote: »

I had no problem with Janet Jackson's boob on TV... but a lot of people really did.. remember that?

Yea that little flower thingy was hott! And I agree with some of the celebrities showing off what they have(or don't) with the near see thru clothes....it's 2007! not 1957! more than acceptable.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    car audio show... rarely if ever home audio show. that may be the difference.. it's understandable. skin in skimpy clothes is still very acceptable in many different arena's, just maybe not for selling speakers on a web site.

Certainly clothing standards have changed alot in every decade.... what was perfectly acceptable in clothing amounts is considered way out of date by todays standards.. esp when on any awards show on TV, where some of the women wear see thru clothes.. and nearly nothing at all. Yes lots of people are ok with it.. but some aren't.. and really... are they just doing it to push the envelope? yes, they are.

Sorry, but being in business....it's this kind of nit picking crap that hurts businesses far more. Some tired old singer whippin' her **** out during prime time TV is completely different, especially with kids watching. There really shouldn't be that problem here as parents should be watching what their kids do online, and lets face it....if the worst they can find is on Club Polk I think that's a good thing.
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    That'll give us more time together.... lover....

(and now we're definately screwed... Dangit, did it again! WTH!)

Well, I'm prepping for my ban...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2007
    Boils down to this...

The female that belly ached is to homely to get laid.

The guy that whined has a nickle dick.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    here is the real reason I heard why the tasteful babe thread and the Oh the Joys thread were shut down... the employees at Polk were spending to much quality time in those two threads and not being productive.. :p;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited December 2007
    Have those two toads Sona and ratsa$$, or whatever it's name is, sent to the CIA for a videoed beating, then destroy the tapes - it never happened!
This discussion has been closed.