I am going to burn, and smash all my Polk's!

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I can't post in the "Tasteful Babe Thread" anymore:mad:
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
    Locked Down!!! Bummer!
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Lame.........I guess if you whine enough anything can happen:(
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    Damn, that was one fun thread to visit every few days, bummer X 2
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    wth? who broked it!?!?!?! Atleast you can still view it.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2007
    Good job to the dude that had it shutdown. You have saved the world.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2007
    She completes me. Farewell my love...

attachment.php?attachmentid=29983&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1197879326
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    I thought it was very insightful. I felt like I could tell another Polkies personality by the pics, and or comments he or she posted. Very sad. Very sad indeed. I can live without it, but what gets me is all it takes is one or two butt munches, and the whole pop loses their privileges. How many post, and how many views. Shame on the censor's burrow.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Created: October 22, 2005
    Replies: 3,207
    Views: 211,204
    Closed: December 18th, 2007

(\__/)
    (='.'=) Bunny says: "R.I.P Amazing Thread!"
    (")_(")
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Stay away from her! I liked this pic more:(
    attachment.php?attachmentid=29980&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1197879326
    Actually Thuggy you can have her. You started the thread:(
    Thanks
    Ben
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    damn! what happened?:(
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    1 pic.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    Which One? I'll get the pitchforks and torches.:mad:
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Which One? I'll get the pitchforks and torches.:mad:

LOL,, I'm reminded on the "frankenstein" movie,,in b&w,where the villagers get out their torches and farm implements,and head out to burn the monsters lair,, :mad:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Systems
    edited December 2007
    I'm not even seeing the thread:(

Nevermind I found it....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited December 2007
    Some of the pic's pressed "tasteful" . I think thats why. If everyone kept it clean it probably would still be open. The **** shots are uncalled for, not that I mind looking at them but this is the wrong place for that.

Like I said if everyone kept it clean, nothing wrong there, I think women and gear go together like PP and J.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Systems
    edited December 2007
    mantis wrote: »
    Some of the pic's pressed "tasteful" . I think thats why. If everyone kept it clean it probably would still be open. The **** shots are uncalled for, not that I mind looking at them but this is the wrong place for that.

Like I said if everyone kept it clean, nothing wrong there, I think women and gear go together like PP and J.

Dan

I think you might want to edit your post:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    Some of the pic's pressed "tasteful"
    'Nuff said.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    If a couple of pics were inappropriate, why not delete the pics, warn the poster, but keep the thread going?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    She completes me. Farewell my love...

attachment.php?attachmentid=29983&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1197879326

Apparently somebody was offended a little too much by the thread....In the middle of its course there were some really nasty/a little too much showing/and even for my jaded **** a little too disgusting...but towards the last third of the thread ...others and myself included were posting clean corn fed all the bits covered up hot women.

Someone mentioned 1 pic...wasnt that...I have seen pics on here removed without killing the thread ( Hell doro and I talked at length one time about posting pics of guns on here....he removed them and told me why...didnt kill the thread and we had a great talk about guns to boot ) ...this was just the result of some members on here being offended and not being able to keep from going INTO the thread.

Actually I made the mistake of going into that horrible beefcake thread thats here on the forum...it disgusted me to no end....did I complain...hell no...if thats something they enjoy then who am I to complain...I just made it a point not to click on that thread ever again...simple huh ?
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007

Dan

What Dan said. This happened with the last Babe thread, which is why this one was called the "tasteful" babe thread. But then some people like to push the bounds of "tasteful" and ignore warnings about it until the thread gets shut down. I doubt it has anything to do with someone complaining. I've been expecting for a week for that thread to get shut down.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    If a couple of pics were inappropriate, why not delete the pics, warn the poster, but keep the thread going?

EXACTLY....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007

Dan

You said ****! You are going to get this thread shut down.

Seriously. If you don't like the TBT don't look at it. Do the one or two people that complained go to gas stations, book stores, and WalMart, and tell them to take certain non **** magazines off the shelf? I have freaken video Game, motorcycle, and car magazines that have camel toe in them:confused:
    Like I said earlier I can live with, or without it, but I don't think one or two should have killed something of this magnitude. I have daughters, and some pics I do not click on. I choose to pass on by. But I was able to make a choice.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    This had nothing to do with the pictures posted and everything to do with a whining feminist named Sona and a nozzle named Rskarvan. The latter of which actually decided to email Polk's Marketing VP to have the thread shut down because it's "demeaning to women." :rolleyes:

This has got to be one of the dumbest things that's happened on this forum...and if it's not it ranks way up there. I'm getting so sick and tired of all the whining and tattling that goes on around here by a bunch of thin skinned wuss bags.

Yep, it's their forum, but we all know nothing wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for these 2 whiners who had to spoil a completely tame thread (and when it wasn't people edited their posts on request) for everyone else.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    And the thread went to the Hall of Shame? Aw, c'mon.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2007
    Bummer.............. Ban those two dudes. Ok Im kidding, but why have it closed down, I was just beginning to show some love. Man........whats next.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2007

I didn't look at it due to my wife asking me not too, but heck, how hard is it to just ignore? I know I did...... most of the... er... I did! :D

Some people have no life...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Sorry your thread got closed down fellas. Don't know what happened but I know you guys enjoyed it alot.:(
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Sorry your thread got closed down fellas. Don't know what happened but I know you guys enjoyed it alot.:(

Your open mind is certainly appreciated.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited December 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    And the thread went to the Hall of Shame? Aw, c'mon.

Hall of Shame? Where is that?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Your open mind is certainly appreciated.

It is Cathy, and unfortunately the 'Oh The Joys' thread was also shut down.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
This discussion has been closed.