I am going to burn, and smash all my Polk's!

123457»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    UN-EFFING BELIEVEABLE!!!

My God, what has become of this place???????????????????????????
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    they couldn't shut down the TBT without also shutting down the Oh The Joy's (men) thread.. **** for tat. Ha ha. i said ****... i should be banned now huh?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    It's all very simple as I see it....

rskarvan and sona SUCK!

and...

Someone at Polk (figuratively) has no balls!

I could care less about the thread but the the whole concept of what has happened is very sad.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »

rskarvan and sona SUCK!

and...

I could care less about the thread but the the whole concept of what has happened is very sad.

Amen!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »

rskarvan and sona SUCK!

and...

No balls and sad just about sums it up nicely.....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Stop being so damn politically correct, call my name out instead of posting for the 4th time tonight "and a couple others". Not a single person here doesnt know who you are refering to.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't think of you when I read that.

You're not that important.
    Or interesting.

Put those two components together and you know what you get ?

No ?

Good. Didn't think you would.
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    Long Post, but I'm full of ****, so deal with it. ;)

I'd like to first say that Justin can probably describe to us what it must feel like to be a dart board (both from the top down, and from the bottom up).

As Danger Boy mentioned, I'm pretty sure that the decision didn't originate with Justin. I think if he had his way, the TBT would still be up and running.

So, at least for now, ...... we'll allow him to live.
    In fear and terror, of course, but ..... that's okay. ;)

The decision would have to come from the upper levels, I think.

And that is kind of a disappointment.

When I first registered my Polk speakers (R15's, Monitor 30's, etc ..... that's right, be jealous beyitches !!), there's a place to leave comments.
    I correctly mentioned the nice price/performance ratio, the good word regarding Polk customer service, and ....... straight up ...... the excellent web site and Club Polk forum.
    I ALWAYS mentioned how it must be a tough job to run such a site, but what an excellent job they did.
    Light touch, management not overly intrusive.
    I would mention how IMPRESSIVE it was that, in the forums, posters openly praised, panned, and discussed Polk speakers and speakers from Polk competitors.
    As I said then, that takes a lot of confidence in one's products.
    As I said then, go to the Bose web site to compare and contrast.

Well, now................. fudge.

I think that Cfrizz suggested what would have been a better decision: if in doubt, pull the post/picture, email the original poster and let him/her know why it was pulled.

Polk wouldn't have to justify their decision with anything more than "Over the top, dude !".

A thought came to me as I was reading the posts in this thread:

Sona and Rskavan apparently complained to the mods/Polk regarding pictures in the picture threads.
    My question ?
    Which thread did they complain about the most ?
    Bear with me, if you will.

Was it a case of "There's scantily clad women on the TBT !", so Polk figures, "Well, we have to dump the TBT, so we have to kill the OTJ thread, too, or else the straights will complain."

Or was it a case of "There's guy stuff in the OTJ thread, which is against God's law !", so Polk figures, "Well, we have to dump the OTJ thread, so we have to kill the TBT, too, or else the **** will complain."

In the first case, a pair of prudes gets offended by PICTURES, and gets both threads shut down.

In the second case, a pair of **** gets offended by PEOPLE, and gets both threads shut down.

I think there is a difference. Does anyone else see what I'm talking about ?

I'm not ****, I don't understand **** (other than to correctly note 2 cute chicks "wrestling" is HOT), but I will say one thing:

If it's the first case, I'd say to Polk:
    "Aw, crap ! You gotta be kidding !".

If it's the second case, I'd say to Polk:
    "You oughta be ashamed of yourselves. Cowards".

It is Polk's forum, to run as they see fit, to be sure.

Hopefully they will continue to make their business decisions in the future with all their customers in mind.

I can't help but think, though, that sometimes the right "business" decision is the wrong "people" decision.

Well, enough of this rant and rave. I have to go check out Fry's website to see if those **** are ever going to put Monitor 60's on sale like they did the LSi15's and LSi25's. Then I'm going to a secret meeting at Joe's house; he's serving egg nog and goat cheese, btw. ;)

...... but, to be perfectly honest, I'll do it with less enthusiasm now, NOT because of the decision that was made (shut down the pic threads) but with the thought in mind of perhaps HOW it was made.

:(
    Sal Palooza
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited December 2007
    Just remember it only takes 2 to cancel you.:eek:

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited December 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    UN-EFFING BELIEVEABLE!!!

My God, what has become of this place???????????????????????????

Exactly, you know I have 7 sets of speakers with polk on them, this type of bull---- makes it hard to even look at them in the same light.

The political correct attitude this whole country is taking will put us in step with France before long, then who will have the balls to defend the thin skins from evil.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    This had nothing to do with the pictures posted and everything to do with a whining feminist named Sona and a nozzle named Rskarvan. The latter of which actually decided to email Polk's Marketing VP to have the thread shut down because it's "demeaning to women." :rolleyes:

This has got to be one of the dumbest things that's happened on this forum...and if it's not it ranks way up there. I'm getting so sick and tired of all the whining and tattling that goes on around here by a bunch of thin skinned wuss bags.

Yep, it's their forum, but we all know nothing wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for these 2 whiners who had to spoil a completely tame thread (and when it wasn't people edited their posts on request) for everyone else.

Agree 100% remember these are the type of people that won't let Santa say Ho, Ho, Ho or allow "In God We Trust" on our money, etc., etc. Political correctness is ruining the world. If you don't like the thread stay the %$#@ out of it unless it's harming someone.

I swear it's time to move out of the US. This mindset is becoming the norm and it's really becoming dangerous because we are losing the right to make our own decisions. I'm tired of other people imposing their views, ideas, and lifestyle upon me. You live your life and I'll live mine and if you don't agree with what I do or believe in then stay the %$#@ out of my way and I'll stay out of yours!!!!!!!!!!!///end rant\\\
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited December 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    how is it that in a world we can't make everyone happy but we will make .2% pleased while pissing off 99.8% of the others?

Get used to it, the world has been moving this way for quite sometime now & it's only going to get worse:mad::mad:
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    FYI.... I am entirely ok with "In God We Trust" on our currency. Still haven't quite recovered from that childhood Santa incident though. Fat men in red suits are just scarey.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2007
    Frank Z wrote: »
    Two pathetic women that are jealous and pissy since they aren't getting any attention from the opposite sex....loosers!

The pathetic thing is at least one of them is male and I'm pretty sure the other is too. :eek:.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    FYI.... I am entirely ok with "In God We Trust" on our currency. Still haven't quite recovered from that childhood Santa incident though. Fat men in red suits are just scarey.

Didn't ask you and don't care, was speaking in generalities, you are going on ignore now.

Ignorant people who can't stay away from things they feel are inappropriate when it's well within their OWN capability are scary. Your type is what's becoming to be a very dangerous epidemic in society.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »
    At least there's always the humor left. Good one.

Pretty soon humor will taken away too! Humor is one thing that always offends someone.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Humor is one thing that always offends someone.

Ain't that the truth. :rolleyes:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• heiney9
    edited December 2007
    Finally made it thru the whole thread. One thing I don't agree with is some of the Polk bashing going on. Let's not start down that slippery slope of saying we aren't going to recommend Polk products because they censor our (their) forum.

Corporations are put in the middle on this kind of stuff all the time and while I vehemently disagree with giving into the minority I'm sure shutting it down was the path of least resistance for Polk Corporate. The last thing they need is a lawsuit, which by todays standards, isn't a guarantee win for them.

Extremists have made it impossible to live ones life the way EACH individual person sees fit. I can do without the TBT; but it's the manor/reason in which it was pulled that aggravates me to no end.

Just my .02c. I have no animosity toward the mods or Polk Audio. Ok, I'm done. Time to get back to enjoying the Holidays with friends and family.

H9
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007

What about fat men with trumpets? ;)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    or fat dirty rats? :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2007
    I support the Polk Audio company period.

I applaud Justin for stating in no uncertain terms who was responsible for the thread being locked. He did not have to do this.

RT1
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited December 2007
    One thing I don't agree with is some of the Polk bashing going on. Let's not start down that slippery slope of saying we aren't going to recommend Polk products because they censor our (their) forum.

I agree 100%. Get rid of my Polk's because of this? I don't think so.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    She completes me. Farewell my love...

attachment.php?attachmentid=29983&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1197879326

ROTFLMAO!!! Good jerry, Gold.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007

I applaud Justin for stating in no uncertain terms who was responsible for the thread being locked. He did not have to do this.

RT1

He's still not off the hook with regard to the flaming bag of turds on his front porch! My Ninja suit is on order, so i'll swoop down in stealth mode, light, toss and run!

You're mine Justin! Feel the wrath of the "Babe Thread Ninja!"
    No excuses!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    Once again, the voice of the few over rules the voice of the many. *sigh*
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007

RT1

I applaud Justin for taking down a thread that was found to be offensive to women. The fact that he shared the credit for this one decent act with me an Sona was also very nice. Thank you and keep up the fine work as Forum Moderator.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2007
    I applaud Justin for taking down a thread that was found to be offensive to women. The fact that he shared the credit for this one decent act with me an Sona was also very nice. Thank you and keep up the fine work as Forum Moderator.

One woman commented about it in a round about way. Where you get the term women unless you are including yourself ?
This discussion has been closed.