I am going to burn, and smash all my Polk's!

Comments

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Well guys I don't think you'll take me serious but if you like to join my forum and start a tasteful babe thread you're more then welcome.

I might add if you're offended I could care less in my world majority wins.

forum.dvrblackbox.com

Stephen Kohlman

President of DVRBLACKBOX, Inc.

Awesome offer Steve, but its just the principal issues here that are pissing everybody off...hell I quit looking at **** on the internet years ago ( Sure when the internet was new I was a **** hound...as were all of my friends...after so many years they all started looking the same...boring ) All this TBT thread was for was really comic relief...actually I think women look better with something on....it was just something to take the edge off.

Majority should win here too....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
    Well guys I don't think you'll take me serious but if you like to join my forum and start a tasteful babe thread you're more then welcome.

forum.dvrblackbox.com

Stephen Kohlman

Signed up, waiting for reply!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    ya I agree, I think Justin fields more PM complaints about me more than anyone else, damn winners and complainers :)

And you are smiling about this. I would take it as hint that I am climbing on the putzometer:confused:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007

forum.dvrblackbox.com

Stephen Kohlman

Nice advertisement.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    And you are smiling about this. I would take it as hint that I am climbing on the putzometer:confused:

No no lol, you are bringing humor to my evening. I should be down listening to music and drinking a beer but this is becoming some good comic relief.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    ...and the gauntlet has been thrown.....
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Signed up, waiting for reply!

Me too.....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Lol, I sense this thread coming to a close soon.

As far as I see it, this forum is owned and operated by Polk and they have the right to do whatever they want with it even if I don’t like it (and I did like that thread but I can also see how others would not). I can completely understand the company not wanting to be seen as approving of certain things. Its their call, this isn’t a democracy on this site, believe me I know lol, Ive been asked to remove things :) This is the internet and we are all welcome to start our own forums and moderate it how we want to. I know for damn sure half of you would probably screen stuff more the what Polk has done.

Bingo! Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!!!

I don't like the censorship either people, but this whole website does belong to Polk Audio, period. I can see both threads being shut down.. it doesn't in anyway help sell speakers.. LOL true skin does sell stuff.. but that's not the image they are trying to obtain.

It's not uncommon for people to visit the web site interested in knowing more about speakers and other items Polk sells.. what if they hang out in the forum and a couple threads they run into show nearly naked bodies? I don't care either ways.. but some people could be offended. Yes, maybe two or more members were involved in getting the threads closed, but I think it was a much larger picture than that in all honesty.

I rarely looked at the tasteful babe thread.. because it didn't interest me.. so I in a way set my own guildelines and censor my own viewing habits.

Where does one draw the line on what's acceptable and what is close to soft **** in pictures?

I'm disappointed that both threads were locked, but not upset by it. In the end it is Polks decision to close certain threads. I don't think Justin did it on his own.

It was fun while it lasted. Time to let it go and move on.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    DB, I agree that skin sales the Babe thread had nothing to do with speakers, but what offended me was the fact any car speaker show of Polk I going to see skin there too.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    I'm pretty sure we all frickin' get that. That doesn't explain how 2 **** can run the effin' forum.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    its not that it was closed down persey Al, its the 2 little whiners that made it a campaign. If Polk closed it for the reasons you state, then I would feel there pain, but it was closed down because of Soneedamanfast and Rskatarded. 2 out of thousands of polkies who either a)liked the thread b)didnt like it, and therefore DIDNT LOOK AT IT and c)have far more important things to worry about in there life.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2007
    beardog03 wrote: »
    I just did...kinda

I am awaiting approval

Sorry for delay I was moving locations ;)

You're all in.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    What I'm reading here, DB & Silver, is that the issue is not with Polk because Polk didn't have a problem with those threads for the past two years. The problem is two "members" (pun intended) who should have exercised common sense and ignore the threads. Instead, they work in the shadows to censor the content of the Polk Forum based on their own personal values.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we all frickin' get that. That doesn't explain how 2 **** can run the effin' forum.

ah, beat me to the point, and in less words too........good show my man
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • tcrossma
    tcrossma Posts: 1,301
    edited December 2007
    The "powers that be" locked the thread because a few people complained about it. They didn't seem happy about having to shut it down, but maybe there were a few pics -- coupled with some complainees -- that made it impossible for them to ignore. I don't agree with it. But nobody was banned or warned (as far as I know), or anything else.

So why not just start another thread along the same lines? Maybe it'll take another 2 year to get locked.
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    Sorry for delay I was moving locations ;)

You're all in.

sweet. No persercution of what I wish to view or NOT view.. right?

and I don't have a DVR...sorry.:o
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    its not that it was closed down persey Al, its the 2 little whiners that made it a campaign. If Polk closed it for the reasons you state, then I would feel there pain, but it was closed down because of Soneedamanfast and Rskatarded. 2 out of thousands of polkies who either a)liked the thread b)didnt like it, and therefore DIDNT LOOK AT IT and c)have far more important things to worry about in there life.

BINGO
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=756098&postcount=36
    Thats the thing I hate about big threads. Its too easy to miss the essentials;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I thought this was "Club Polk" and the Clubhouse was pretty much "relax and talk about your day," anything loosely within reason goes? Now do you think after this **** storm that those two are coming back? Does anyone have a clue what will happen when or if they do post and the "majority" sees their post?

How about the people that work hard at helping out newbs and each other because we are a "Club." Don't we have any say at all what goes into our "Club." I haven't been here long but I've talked to many "senior" members and from what I can gather it sure used to be that way and I have seen that at work a few times. Granted it is Polks forum but the majority is up in arms about what a few (yes more than two) members are doing.

Maybe I was living in a delusional world and this place has really changed and the minority is getting all the wacks into Polk upper management and the folks who've been here helping each other and welcoming the newbs are getting the **** end of the stick!

Just my humble opinion.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    Political correctness has stomped individual expression into oblivion. F*ck It!

See! i can't even spell the word for fear of PISSING some one off

**** heehee
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    I thought this was "Club Polk" and the Clubhouse was pretty much "relax and talk about your day," anything loosely within reason goes? Now do you think after this **** storm that those two are coming back? Does anyone have a clue what will happen when or if they do post and the "majority" sees their post?

How about the people that work hard at helping out newbs and each other bacause we are a "Club." Don't we have any say at all what goes into our "Club." I haven't been here long but I've talked to many "senior" members and from what I can gather it sure used to be that way and I have seen that at work a few times. Granted it is Polks forum but the majority is up in arms about what a few (yes more than two) members are doing.

Maybe I was living in a delusional world and this place has really changed and the minority is getting all the wacks into Polk upper management and the folks who've been here helping each other and welcoming the newbs are getting the **** end of the stick!

Just my humble opinion.

REVEREND!! (to quote Gabby)
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    as annoyed as I am, the onus is really on us to not let it bother us enough to change this club we love so much. it's sad that this load of crap was Sona and Rskarvan's biggest contribution to this board. I would be lighter on them if they contributed in other ways, like some of the others guys and gals here. answering Newb questions, particularly new polk owners who come on looking for more insight into the product they bought.

if they placed importance on that front, before the whinefest here, I could at least feel there argument. But, particularly Sona, had ABSOLUTLY ZILCH to contribute to the community, but felt it right to **** "in Polk's best interests" about the babe thread.
    Sona, thanks for nothing ya big zilch :rolleyes:

still waiting for my pie
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited December 2007
    Wow... wander away from here for a few days and the politically correct **** have won the day.

Can I play the gender/sex/[insert special interest group here] card and whine and threaten in order to get a thread I don't like removed?

Once again free speech dies at the hands of professional protesters. The powers that be capitulating to those in dire need of getting a friggin' life.

Now *THAT* is offensive. Whom do I sue?
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited December 2007
    Over 2 years, over 200k views with 2 complaints???? Makes alot of sense to me...:rolleyes: Maybe these two should complain about bringing back SDAs...
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    sweet. No persercution of what I wish to view or NOT view.. right?

and I don't have a DVR...sorry.:o

All I ask is that we keep it clean like the old TBT ok ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited December 2007
    Club Polk R.I.P.

Welcome to the People's Republic of Polk.

Be well, citizen.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2007
    To those that say Polk owns this forum and blah blah blah... how about this?

Without us buying their speakers, they wouldn't even have anything. We, therefore, own Polk. If we wouldn't buy their Mid-Fi speakers, they would be bankrupt. Therefore, don't we technically control them?

I could care less if the thread was shut down, it really doesn't matter to me... but isn't it pathetic that without us, they wouldn't be there...

In other words... WE control them... oh ya. Feel the power!!!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Maybe these two should complain about bringing back SDAs...

Hey Hey Hey. I and one other Polkie shall have you tossed into the eternal banishment pits of Polk for saying that:p
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    tcrossma wrote: »
    but maybe there were a few pics -- coupled with some complainers --
    Hmmm. Interesting.....
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    as annoyed as I am, the onus is really on us to not let it bother us enough to change this club we love so much. it's sad that this load of crap was Sona and Rskarvan's biggest contribution to this board. I would be lighter on them if they contributed in other ways, like some of the others guys and gals here. answering Newb questions, particularly new polk owners who come on looking for more insight into the product they bought.

if they placed importance on that front, before the whinefest here, I could at least feel there argument. But, particularly Sona, had ABSOLUTLY ZILCH to contribute to the community, but felt it right to **** "in Polk's best interests" about the babe thread.
    Sona, thanks for nothing ya big zilch :rolleyes:

still waiting for my pie

No she didn't contribute, but she had no problem taking all the help we offered her over and over and over and over again! It was a big scam to get a thread shut down by her. She even posted some BS thread and in several other threads even had to nerve to point fingers at some of us telling us we should be appalled at the TBT. Her agenda was so transparent that you could see through it like a nicely Windexed window.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    polksda wrote: »
    Club Polk R.I.P.

Welcome to the People's Republic of Polk.

Be well, citizen.

Nostrovia!! (gulp ahhhh!)
This discussion has been closed.