I am going to burn, and smash all my Polk's!

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Hall of Shame? Where is that?

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Yeah, Cathy's, Darla's, Brett's, and DB's thread is in there too... :rolleyes:
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Sorry your thread got closed down fellas. Don't know what happened but I know you guys enjoyed it alot.:(

Thanks a lot :) That was cool.....now opening that beefcake thread almost had me losing my lunch...the guy actually was pulling the front of his briefs down exposing his pubic hair :eek:....did I whine and complain....not a chance....just wrote note to self...never open that thread again.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Thank you Lightman1.

Oh well that's all right Russ. I only would check it out when some new pics were added. I will survive just fine without it.

Too bad people can't live & let live. I had no problem with it because it kept the pictures out of the rest of the forum. Since I knew that was where all the pictures were, I never went there! That's all it takes.

Quite frankly I will have a problem if pictures start appearing at random again throughout the entire forum. I believe it is much better to have ONE spot for them to go & be enjoyed by those who want to do so.

So unless you are going to ban ALL pics of that type from now on & be willing to police & monitor the hell out of the entire forum you might consider reopening them.

If they were closed due to 1 or 2 complainers tell them just to stay out of them.

RuSsMaN wrote: »
    It is Cathy, and unfortunately the 'Oh The Joys' thread was also shut down.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Thanks a lot :) That was cool.....now opening that beefcake thread almost had me losing my lunch...the guy actually was pulling the front of his briefs down exposing his pubic hair :eek:....did I whine and complain....not a chance....just wrote note to self...never open that thread again.

Exactly. I opened it once, laughed, cringed, gagged a bit, and then closed it, never to be opened again. All it takes is a click of the mouse to go back or close the window............

If you can't filter for yourself this day and age you are in deep ****. Lameos.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2007
    Sorry but rskarvan and Sona were offended by those threads, so had to shut them down.

~Justin
  • cfrizz
    edited December 2007
    That's all it takes SON. I did the same with the womens thread. God forbid people use a little common sense!

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »

Thanks for the link. Other than your link, I see no way to access that part of the forums. Is it hidden somehow? Thanks.
  • cfrizz
    edited December 2007
    That's fine Justin, but like I said, I really don't want to see pictures start popping up all over the rest of the forum either. So just how are you going to stop that from happening?

Those 2 threads have managed to survive peacefully for quite a few years. It doesn't seem right that 2 people should be able to bring them to a screeching halt.
    -justin- wrote: »
    Sorry but rskarvan and Sona were offended by those threads, so had to shut them down.

~Justin
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. Other than your link, I see no way to access that part of the forums. Is it hidden somehow? Thanks.

Yep, consider yourself part of the elite now.(bookmark the Hall of shame, that's what I did) :D

Thanks Justin for coming foward with who was responsible for the disaster.

I'm gonna to make it a point to bring any trumpet I find to the scrap yard for money from now on.
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Found it really interesting...while posting in PolkThugs new postage stamp thread the only active members in the thread were myself and rskarvan ???
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007

~Justin

Yeah well I'm offended that the thread was pulled. Will you put it back?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007

~Justin

This may get me in trouble, but sorry.

So that's all it takes a pissed off person or so? Funny unless Polk Audio would be in trouble having such a thread, how is it that in a world we can't make everyone happy but we will make .2% pleased while pissing off 99.8% of the others?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited December 2007
    how is it that in a world we can't make everyone happy but we will make .2% pleased while pissing off 99.8% of the others?

It's the new American way.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    Poof, there went the Postage Stamp thread.....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007

~Justin

Please reread your post. You didn't follow your orders correctly. You need to shutdown rskarvan and Sona;):p:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    I might understand someone being offended by those threads.....trying very hard to understand.....but what I don't understand is why can't they just stay away from them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I might understand someone being offended by those threads.....trying very hard to understand.....but what I don't understand is why can't they just stay away from them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hmmmmm....were there pictures of THEM in those threads??? Maybe that's what it is.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007

~Justin

Thats all it takes to shut down a thread ??? Are these threads visited by those members on a daily basis ??? If not, do they ever have to click on them again ?? That is the saddest reason I have ever heard for shutting down a public forum thread...nobody was being threatened....nobody verbally harrassed....these were static images that I have seen WORSE published in the newspaper ( Public mind you ) advertising adult theatres in San Fransisco .....you just dont click on it anymore...how hard is that ????

If pictures worse then these were ok for publishing in a HUGE public newspaper like the San Fransisco Chronicle ...how can they be offensive here ? We need our thread back......
  • cfrizz
    edited December 2007
    The rest of us can do that by ourselves. Just put those 2 on ignore. If no one pays any attention to THEM they will probably leave.

Seems a bit drastic, but no one was twisting their arms to look in either thread once they knew what was in them. So putting them on ignore lists seems like a fitting way of censuring them as they have forced management to needlessly censure us.
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Please reread your post. You didn't follow your orders correctly. You need to shutdown rskarvan and Sona;):p:D
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2007
    Thats what we need, a guys and babes thread with original polk member pics.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2007
    So I am assuming that to be consistent with the slippery slope that this starts Polk Audio's marketing on, that at the next audio or car audio show I go to that when I'm offended by the use of nice looking ladies working the crowd on behalf of Polk Audio that you will end that demeaning use of gender stereo-typing also? These slippery slope deals with unintended consequences are a beatch aren't they? I've got one going on in my marketing dept also.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    The rest of us can do that by ourselves. Just put those 2 on ignore. If no one pays any attention to THEM they will probably leave.

Seems a bit drastic, but no one was twisting their arms to look in either thread once they knew what was in them. So putting them on ignore lists seems like a fitting way of censuring them as they have forced management to needlessly censure us.

Good point. Adding the appropriate ignores now...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Datastorm wrote: »
    Poof, there went the Postage Stamp thread.....

WTF...its gone now too.....I thought you were kidding...this is ****.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2007
    It's the **** Van **** Show! Staring **** Van ****!

~J
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2007
    I'm offended by fat stay at home donut eatin' fat bodies that have no life what so ever getting harmless threads shutdown and deleted.

Two pathetic women that are jealous and pissy since they aren't getting any attention from the opposite sex....loosers!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2007
    That really sucks. Some of the women's pics were getting **** but to remove the whole thread? AND the Beefcake thread? They were fun.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2007
    It's the **** Van **** Show! Staring **** Van ****!

~J
    Richard Van Wire Cutter?
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2007

Excellent plan Cathy.... Done.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
  • Frank Z
    edited December 2007
    x3

They aren't going to have anyone to talk to really soon.
This discussion has been closed.