I am going to burn, and smash all my Polk's!

Comments

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Found it really interesting...while posting in PolkThugs new postage stamp thread the only active members in the thread were myself and rskarvan ???

I have seen rskarvan trolling on the bottom in the active member bar of this thread too after leaving the postage stamp one....SPEAK UP......dont just troll the thread waiting for a post to cry to justin about ( I also see justin down there too keeping an eye on us :rolleyes: ) Sad....Hope nobody says anything "Offensive ".......
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    dkg999 wrote: »
    So I am assuming that to be consistent with the slippery slope that this starts Polk Audio's marketing on, that at the next audio or car audio show I go to that when I'm offended by the use of nice looking ladies working the crowd on behalf of Polk Audio that you will end that demeaning use of gender stereo-typing also? These slippery slope deals with unintended consequences are a beatch aren't they? I've got one going on in my marketing dept also.

An excellent point
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    -justin- wrote: »
    It's the **** Van **** Show! Staring **** Van ****!

~J

Your going to have to sleep sometime Justin:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I got some drinking to do, have fun ladies.

~J
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2007
    Not sure Sona will be back. Keep in mind there are groups that make this scenario a game. There are people who make a living tracking these groups and their activities, especially in the consumer goods industry.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited December 2007
    So I am assuming that to be consistent with the slippery slope that this starts Polk Audio's marketing on, that at the next audio or car audio show I go to that when I'm offended by the use of nice looking ladies working the crowd on behalf of Polk Audio that you will end that demeaning use of gender stereo-typing also? These slippery slope deals with unintended consequences are a beatch aren't they? I've got one going on in my marketing dept also.

'Round and 'round and 'round it goes! Where it stops, nobody knows! I'm offended by the offended.
    Mobius Strip anyone?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    I can't wait until we get avatars, cuz' it's ON like Donkey Kong.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    Not sure Sona will be back. Keep in mind there are groups that make this scenario a game. There are people who make a living tracking these groups and their activities, especially in the consumer goods industry.

So us Polk owners are being pigeon-holed and labeled for marketing purposes?
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    I vote "Hell No" on the avatars :eek: That's a disaster in progress for a website admin. On the other hand, members that link their avatar to a hosting site are real easy to track down when they misbehave ;)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited December 2007
    I don't know exactly what happened, but what ever it was it couldn't have been as bad as the infamous tweeter and woofer pic posted some time back and it didn't get shut down then, what was posted that was so bad that got it shut down?
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    I really don't think Justin wanted to shut down this thread, and I do think he has been stuck playing babysitter too much here. As for rskarvan, and Sono push your crap somewhere else. If you don't like Brussels sprouts eat something else!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    So us Polk owners are being pigeon-holed and labeled for marketing purposes?

No, there are people that make it a game to use pressure and being offended to get websites to remove things, or change their policies. Most belong to web-rings where they publish their exploits and earn points or other honors for it. Some of the big consumer goods companies have been hit by coordinated onslaughts over the last few years. Welcome to the internet :(
    DKG999

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    WOW, just when you thought we were all ready to play nicely together, this happens. Hell, even I managed to stop PMSing and started playing nice again.

About the only thing I can offer to ease the pain of the shutting down of this legendary thread is to post a linky...for those offended by good looking chicks...

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK!!!! GOT IT???

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK!!!

http://strongdigitalart.smugmug.com/Gentlemens%20Gold%20Club%20Girls

If you do wind up clicking this link and are somehow offended, go here...

http://www.google.com/

...and search for someone that gives a sh**!!!

John
    No excuses!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited December 2007
    This forum has 49,250 members ---

2 people were offended by that thread...

Thats like .004% of the individuals on this site...

This forum has REALLY started to just SUCK.

I didnt even view either thread, neither one really appealed to me on how to spend my online time...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2007
    A complaint is a complaint guys and while I don't agree, don't start bashing other members please.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 215
    edited December 2007
    Two more for "Ignore."

Grrr
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    If you do wind up clicking this link and are somehow offended, go here...

http://www.google.com/

...and search for someone that gives a sh**!!!

John

At least there's always the humor left. Good one.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    A complaint is a complaint guys and while I don't agree, don't start bashing other members please.

Why the hell not? They publically made their bed, I say let them lay in it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »

Agreed, my bad.

The inmates will need to vent, then we can move on.
    DKG999

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    I know bashing Rskarvan and Sona is unacceptable, but is ignoring them, and telling them to stay out of any thread I write acceptable? :D

kinda kidding......kinda not.

I care little about the TBT to be honest(and less about the beefcake thread of course)
    it's really about the principle of the thing of complaining about things you dont like when you ca just avoid it completly. Sheep, there just sheep..LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    We aren't going to bash them Mark, we are simply going to ignore their overly sensitive miserable butts!

Besides, they are perfectly free to become EX-MEMBERS!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

I simply don't agree as it's a larger issue to me. It's moreso a response from people who have little to do with this forum in regards to participation, daily activities or membership. I didn't need anything mentally from either member but will, as usual, move on.

Just an opinion, everyone has one.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    by the way, what did I miss in the "postage stamp" thread?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    No, there are people that make it a game to use pressure and being offended to get websites to remove things, or change their policies. Most belong to web-rings where they publish their exploits and earn points or other honors for it. Some of the big consumer goods companies have been hit by coordinated onslaughts over the last few years. Welcome to the internet :(

Well that is just F*ckin' sideways! They think they're doing noble deeds, but all they do is cause strife to a perfectly good forum. It's almost like the Crusades, only hi-tech. I've learned alot from the thousand other posts and replies here. TBT was a nice little distraction occasionally.
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Just for **** and giggles I went to the tasteful thread ( Hiding in shame where it doesnt belong ) just to see the pics from the VERY start of the thread....In the first 3 pages I saw nipple/actual BUNGHOLE/and a girl whose rogue pictures started showing up on the internet when she was 15. IF ANYTHING...the thread cleaned up towards the end...not the other way around.
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    We aren't going to bash them Mark, we are simply going to ignore their overly sensitive miserable butts!

Besides, they are perfectly free to become EX-MEMBERS!!!

ATTA GIRL!!:D
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

Sums it all up right here....thanks Russ!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    I think we should get the Club Polk family back on track. Vent, but keep it inbounds and polite. We've had a couple of members of the family behave in contrary to the majority, and unless we can get Dr Phil or Jerry Springer to intervene, there's not alot we can do. Continued participation and not letting them derail the family is the best response.

JMHO.
    DKG999

• shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Attica...attica...attica.....
  • lightman1
    edited December 2007
    This forum has REALLY started to just SUCK.

Damn Trey! Don't hold back, say what you really mean!:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.