2006-07 ClubPolk Football Pool

1234568»

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2006
    It is a glorious day in the 'ville....

When Howard Schnellenberger said Louisville football "was on a collision course with the national championship" back in '85 -- everyone rolled their eyes, including many UofL fans. The fact is with the exception of the few years of Ron Cooper helming the ship, the football program has steadily improved year in and year out...

This may be a basketball city first and foremost, but right now football rules the roost... The town is having a blast and last night was glorious. Blackout indeed! Did you see the stands? And to have an actual black-out occur was awesome...

What a great vibe... sorry for the derail. Back to the pros... and the pool.

--- one happy cards fan:)
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Picks are up ladies and germs....

Steelers favored over Saints...

talk amongst yourselves.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited November 2006
    Picks are up ladies and germs....

Steelers favored over Saints...

talk amongst yourselves.

I'm saying the Saints'll be all over the Steelers.

Having said that, however, you'd be wise to pick the Steelers (based upon my prediction capablities as evidenced last week).

We have a new method for selecting our picks this week, BTW. We'll see how it works out.
    Sal Palooza
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Picks are in!!!
    Grab 'em while they're hot!!

Can someone explain the San Fran/Seattle line? What's "off" mean?
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited November 2006
    Picks are in!!!
    Grab 'em while they're hot!!

Can someone explain the San Fran/Seattle line? What's "off" mean?
    OFF = No spread yet.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2006
    Usually a game is "off" if there's some circumstance that's up in the air that could affect the outcome of the game. I assume in Seattle's case it's the possible presence of either / both Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselbeck.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Thanks guys
  • Frank Z
    edited November 2006
    GET YER PICKS IN!!
  • Frank Z
    edited November 2006
    GET YER PICKS IN!!
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited December 2006
    Well we are winding down and it looks like a battle royale between Dragon1952 and Tide.

Who gets to wear the " 2006-2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champion" title ?

I started to warm up a little too late. Oh well, there's always next year.

Good luck
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited January 2007
    I have been moving for the past couple weeks from S. Cal to Oregon and played the last 2 weeks in advance. I just today got my internet connection in my new digs and found that I was able to squeak it out by 1 game over Tide.
    I tell you...this moving **** is a drag. I rented a 26 ft U-Haul and couldn't fit everything in it. I drove it 1100 miles and had to fly back and rent another 17 footer plus a 6x12 trailer and make another trip. The second trip I said 'screw this' and drove straight through. I'm in a rental for up to 6 mos while my new house is being built so I get to do this again shortly. I've never worked so hard in my life :( Anyway, kudos to Tide for a close, hard fought battle. It was a lot of fun!
    Oh, BTW...this is my second win in the 3 years of this contest. Not to brag as each win was by an RCH but just trying to motivate y'all for next year! :p
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Frank Z
    edited January 2007
    Congrats to our new Champ...
    dragon1952

2nd place
    Tide

3rd place
    ohskigod

Send me a PM with your address fellas.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2007
    It was fun. If only I hadn't missed a week!! Arg... Next time, boys, next time.

Congrats. Who the hell is Tide anyways?!? :D

Happy New Years.

GO CHIEFS!!!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Congrats gents!!

btw what were the prizes? I just noticed I was one point out of third:(
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited January 2007
    Congrats to the winners! Nice work.
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • Frank Z
    edited January 2007
    First prize is a Carver Sonic Hologram Generator
    Seconf Prise is a $25 BB Gift Card
    Third is a $15 BB Gift Card.

I wish it could be more.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Whaddya talkin' about Frank? That's awesome. Thanks for putting this together.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Frank Z wrote:
    First prize is a Carver Sonic Hologram Generator
    Seconf Prise is a $25 BB Gift Card
    Third is a $15 BB Gift Card.

I wish it could be more.

Frank,

These are awesome prizes; the fact that there are prizes is already awesome. I had a lot of fun; thanks and congrats to the winners!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    pm'd you my addy a little late,

cool prizes!!!!!!! thanks frank :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites