2006-07 ClubPolk Football Pool

Comments

• ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited September 2006
    jhdiggs- still think Miami is a 12-4 team en route to a division title?
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2006
    Not with Culpepper hurting like that. You still sold on NE winning after barely squeking out 2 wins against bottom dwellers?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited September 2006
    ahorvitz wrote:
    jhdiggs- still think Miami is a 12-4 team en route to a division title?

Man, the 'Fin's are killing me. I honestly thought they would be better this year.

Now the Chiefs?!? The good thing is Trent was out, and our D shut down Denver in Denver... No Chiefs team of recent past has played that tough there. Our Oline had a better game, and LJ is getting back on course. But is our #1 Offense gone forever??
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• jdhdiggs
    edited September 2006
    Not a fins fan Mnightly, just anti-Pats. I don't care if the Bills or the NYJ win as long as it's not the pats.

BTW, I can't decide if KC and STL are the most improved D's this year or if Denver's O just blows...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited September 2006
    Happy to say my Falcons are a lean, mean, running machine. 265 the first game 306 yards the second. Dunn has led the league both weeks. Even though two guys had more yards this week, he had nearly as much on less carries.

Tampa has been the best defensive team against the Falcons the past several years, virtually shutting down the run, especially Vick, so this could be a long year for defenses against the Birds. Who cares if Vic passes for 96 yards? They were on the money and came when needed. Heck, he had 125 yards rushing of his own. I'm back on the Vick wagon nearly full force. Forget Schaub....
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2006
    ... don't forget about that stellar defense Univera

and all without Abraham:eek:
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2006
    univera wrote:
    Forget Schaub....

Indeed....

I'd almost trade him for a decent kicker:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • univera
    edited September 2006
    ... don't forget about that stellar defense Univera

and all without Abraham:eek:

Agreed, although they gave up big chunks passing at times. Simms had over 300 yrds, but the Falcons shut down the run and dared him to pass, so that's hard to judge. And, a lot of it was during come back mode. Hope Abraham doesn't miss most of the year with that injury like he did with the Jets. He is a monster, just ask the Panthers. And, yes, we need a kicker. Feely was making a clutch play while K-man was whiffing.

Zombie, don't know if you saw the game, but I watched it at a sports bar and the Falcons are for real. The score didn't indicate the total domination, the four missed FG's aside. Even Norwood was running wild. He could be the full time starter with no problem. Fast as crap. And, the Falcons lined up Hall at receiver for one swing pass which he caught and fumbled. Hall is the fastest man in the NFL, so if he could ever get loose....And, IMO, Dunn is THE most underated player in the NFL. He just gets in done, every time, and rarely takes a hard shot. Shifty **** with sweet feet. A couple more years with his production where it is currently and I feel he's a Hall of Fame player.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2006
    Unfortunately, I couldn't catch this game as we just moved into our new house, and service hasn't been started. Which sucks because I rarely miss a game...

That's funny about Feely -- he always made me nervous, but then again...

ALL KICKERS MAKE ME NERVOUS!!!
  • MrNightly
    edited September 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Not a fins fan Mnightly, just anti-Pats. I don't care if the Bills or the NYJ win as long as it's not the pats.

BTW, I can't decide if KC and STL are the most improved D's this year or if Denver's O just blows...

Ya, I hate the Pats too :)

The KC D is much improved, but we still have several games to gel until we kick it in full gear. After that, watch out!

Now if Trent just gets backs, and we start scoring a TD here and there, we'll be a force to reckon with come Nov. and Dec.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2006
    Just out of curiosity, aside from a rivalry, what makes someone hate a team? Especially one like the Pats? Just the oversaturation in the media over the past five years? Do you hate the Yankees in the same way? How about the Colts, that the media slurp to no end despite them never even winning a Super Bowl? At least the Pats actually did something to deserve their attention.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2006
    I hate the Fighting Banana Slugs of the University of California-Santa Cruz:D
  • MrNightly
    edited September 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, aside from a rivalry, what makes someone hate a team? Especially one like the Pats? Just the oversaturation in the media over the past five years? Do you hate the Yankees in the same way? How about the Colts, that the media slurp to no end despite them never even winning a Super Bowl? At least the Pats actually did something to deserve their attention.

It's a good question. How does one come to hate another team? Well, the Pats, I don't like Brady. I think he's overrated and the media Darling. If the hit on Trent Green in week one had been Peyton Manning or Brady the player would have been flagged, fined and possibly ejected. But since it wasn't on a media darling, nobody cared.

That's my take on the matter at least. The Colts are overrated. Manning chokes in the playoffs, and always will. I doubt they will ever reach a super bowl, much less win one, with Manning under the helm.

But I also dislike the Donkeys, simply because of the rivalry.

After all, what other sport is there besides football?

Exactly.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2006
    Now the Chiefs?!? The good thing is Trent was out, and our D shut down Denver in Denver... No Chiefs team of recent past has played that tough there. Our Oline had a better game, and LJ is getting back on course. But is our #1 Offense gone forever??

And which team was it that got the victory?;)
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited September 2006
    Vick and the Falcon's look real good, despite more red zone problems. From twenty to twenty, they can't be stopped, but inside the red, not so much.

Looks like I'll have get out my old Vick jersey, trade for him in my fantasy league to the detriment of my team, get NFL ticket to watch the games, etc. . . because I'm back on the bandwagon.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • jdhdiggs
    edited September 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:

It's the permanent mancrush the entire media has on Belichek and Brady and it keeps getting force fed to everyone. How no matter how many players are lost to injury or free agency, they are still "the best team" with the media.

I also got fed up with obnoxious Pats fans on the Broncos Forum claiming how great their team is and how much better they are then the Broncos when they are 1-9 against the Broncos since 1990 with the one win coming against a third string QB that wasn't even on the team a week earlier. Even that was a "take an intentional safety, get a last second TD" game. And then they whine and give excuses when they lose, turn on their former players, etc...

I strongly dislike Manning, but the rest of the Colts are a class act. The chicken dance before every play is annoying as hell. Besides, the media alway bashes him for every praising piece they do which is funny.

Now the Chef's, well that's a rivalry. I'd say the Raiders, but anymore that's just a joke. Not much of a rivalry against the Bolts though.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited September 2006
    THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO OWNING A NE PATRIOTS FAN (REVISED)

Congratulations on your new New England Patriots Fan! Since the Broncos own the Patriots, all Denver Fans get to take advantage of this perk of being a Broncos Fan. Your new 'friend' will give you years of great, but reluctant, service. For your convenience, some of the most commonly asked questions are answered here:

Q-What do I call my Patriots Fan?
    A-Anything you want. Find out what it likes to be called, and call it the complete opposite. I prefer to call mine Useless, Worthless, Stupid, Dumbass, etc. Since there are so many adjectives for such a pathetic creature, use your imagination. This is an effective training method.

Q-What do I feed it?
    A-Your Patriots Fan likes Clam Chowder (sometimes it might refer to this as 'Chowdahhh', please disregard it's speaking difficulty), Lobster, Baked Beans, Seafood Bisque, other Seafood dishes, etc. Therefore, it deserves none of these. Bread (prefferably stale) is fine, as it will not like this. Your Patriots Fan also enjoys Beer, so do not give it any. If it gets thirsty, give it some warm tap water. It will not like this, so it is then good. Have it eat off the floor for maximum effectiveness. Since most Patriot Fans are fat slobs, a healthy diet is important to it's existence.

Q-My Patriots Fan sounds like it has marbles in it's mouth when it talks. Why?
    A-As I began to briefly explain (see above) , most New Englanders (or as it would say, 'Nuu Inglaandahhhz') are born with massive communication defects. This is largely due to the fact that it has the intellect of a Primate, such as a Chimpanzee, Orangutan, Monkey, etc. They can't talk normal and can barely type a computer keyboard. This phenomenon is unexplained. It is best to limit communication with your Patriots Fan, as it doesn't have anything good to say anyway.

Q-I've been getting phone calls from the New England States thanking me. Why?
    A-You have done a great service to New England. There is so much human trash in that area, that they have been finally put to some good use. The surrounding Cities are getting cleaner and smelling fresher, day by day.

Q-Where should I install my new Patriots Fan?
    A-Anywhere you want. Some of it's most practical useage options are listed below-

1)Next to a pile of garbage- Your Fan will be right at home when installed in this fashion. This way your Patriots Fan won't get homesick.

2)In the Bathroom-Most Patriots Fans are filthy and dirty, and are scared of a Bath/Shower. Installing it in the Bathroom will scare it tremendously. This popular installation method has a dual role. When you have nothing for it to do, have your Patriots Fan clean your Toilet. It loves this.

3)In the Living Room-Make sure it can watch plenty of Denver Broncos Tapes and or DVD's. When you have guests over, you might want to hide it, as it's hideous appearance might make them vomit.

WARNING-DO NOT INSTALL YOUR FAN IN A KITCHEN OR NEAR ANY ABUNDANT FOOD SOURCES-This will make your Patriots Fan happy. Therefore, do not install it in your Kitchen.

Q-What do I do with my Patriots Fan?
    A-Anything you like, since the Broncos own the Patriots, you own one of it's Fans. Find out what it likes to do, then do the total opposite. This will put it into anger and distress, so that is good. I personally enjoy laughing at it, mocking it, throwing heavy blunt objects at it, etc. Some excellent ideas were submitted to me via PM of this Board. Apparently, many Broncos Fans will be having Primate-like Patriots Fans put to use. Here are some good examples, starting with my personal favorite-

1)Have it catch bricks with it's face-This game is fun. You can tell by it's screams of happiness that it thoroughly enjoys this special version of 'catch'. Your Patriots Fans Ape-like face can be used in this fashion in a wide variety of ways.

2)Scum Cleaning-My friend has a cesspool/septic tank. Your Patriot Fan will feel like it's back home when around piles of ****. Give it a shovel, and have it start the normally nasty job of cleaning this. Your Patriot Ape-man is good at something, and that is cleaning up your ****. It is amazingly productive at this.

3)Toilet Cleaning- It excels at cleaning of this fashion. Your Patriot Fan is right at home with it's face in a Toilet. Play games with it, and make it think you'll throw it in the shower.

4)Car Maintenance-Yeah, normally you'd be afraid of letting a Chimpanzee work on your Vehicle, but not a Patriots Fan! Run the Car for 30 min. Instruct your Patriots Fan to remove the Radiator Cap, as you want it to perform some routine maintenance. Watch it writhe and listen to it's screams of happiness as it is burned by scalding hot Antifreeze. Mine seems to like this very much. (WARNING-Since animals are attracted to Antifreeze's sweet odor, do not let it drink it. You will not have your Patriot Fan anymore, as it will die) Now, just top off the system with Antifreeze when it has cooled. Your car/truck is now ready for winter or summer.

5)Playing Superman-Tell your Patriots Fan it can fly, then watch it dive out a window. You can tell by it's shrieks of joy it loves this. I play this game with my Patriots Primate at least once a week (IMPORTANT: DO NOT perform this game with your Fan if you live above the 2nd Floor of an Apartment Building or House. If not, your Fan would be dead, and cannot fullfill it's job half as well).

Q-My new Patriot Fan seems very sad and depressed. I hear it crying about it's 'Paytwiahts'. What is it trying to say?
    A- Due to it's massive speech impediment (see above), it is actually saying, in English, Patriots. It is obviously saddened by the constant string of humiliating defeats it's Team has suffered at the hands of our Broncos. Have a fresh supply of warm tap water available to it, to make sure the tears of loss continue to flow freely. Make sure you have Kleenex tissue and/or paper towels to absorb it's tears. I advise taping/recording the Game so it can watch it over and over again.

Q-My Patriots Fan has threatened me with retaliation and/or anarchy. What do I do?
    A-Absolutely nothing. Your Patriots Fan has the backbone of a mouse, and it isn't much smarter than one either. It is weak and cowardly. Even if there were 10 of them, they still wouldn't do much of anything. Even in greater numbers, never fear a Patriots Fans, as they/it is pretty much useless. They couldn't instill fear into a tree, not to mention it has the intellect of a Primate. Such is the way of human trash, such as your Patriot Fan happens to be. If you believe it might attack you, keep a Baseball Bat or lead pipe handy. Rain several blows about the head and face and all will be back to normal. Some actually prefer other objects, such as Cattle Prods, Whips, Chains, etc.

Q-My Patriots Fan sometimes appears as if it is trying to say something worthwhile and useful. Is this possible?
    A-Not at all. The chances of that is the equivalent of snow in summertime here. Due to it's incredibly low capacity for actual smarts, your Patriots Fan will occasionally have delusions of grandeur. Who can blame it, because it is too stupid to know any better. With the intelligence of an ape or a chimpanzee, you cannot expect too much from it. It will sometimes get extremely frustrated, due to it's brain's limited thinking. To occupy your Patriot's Fans mind, and to keep it from thinking too much, have it clean your Toilet, if installed properly. Or, throw some bricks at it. You will hear it's shrieks of joy, as it will enjoy this greatly. Please refer to 'Installing my Patriots Fan' section of this Owner's Manual.

Q-My Patriots Fan is kind of fat. Do I have to make sure to get it exercise?
    A-Yes. It is up to YOU to make sure it gets plenty of exercise, to ensure that it's healthy enough to fulfill it's duties to you, it's Broncos owner. I recommend going to a local Animal Shelter and adopting two of the biggest, most vicious Dogs they have. Cover your Patriots Fan in Vegetable Oil, or meat Fat, and throw it in the backyard with the Dogs. Hear it's howls of terror as it runs for it's life, as Zeus and Spike give chase. Not only are you helping the Animals by giving them Homes, you are enriching their hunting instincts and exercising them as well. Everyone benefits from this popular exercise method.

Q-How do I dispose of my Patriots Fan?
    A-If you wish to rid yourself of it's horrendous existence, you can pass it on to fellow Broncos Fans, or 'Hand it down' to another family Member, who are no doubt Broncos fans too. Or if you wish to get rid of it-

1)Leave it at a local garbage dump or landfill. Your Patriots Fan loves to be around trash, garbage, ****, etc. This will remind it of it's home, in case it gets homesick.

2)While driving your Vehicle at a realtively high speed (prefferably 50-60 MPH) throw it out of the Car. You can hear it's agonizing screams that it truly enjoyed the fun ride. Always observe local speed restrictions however.

Just thought I'd share the result of how much love the pats fans spread. ;)
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited September 2006
    bert26 wrote:
    I actually thought we had until Saturday night (post #84) - which is about the time that I noticed that the web site says Friday at 3PM. That's what happens when you wait to the last minute.... :(

Frank - I tried to e-mail you but could not get the link on the website to work.

The last couple years we had up until about 2 hrs before game time I believe.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • univera
    edited September 2006
    Unfortunately, I couldn't catch this game as we just moved into our new house, and service hasn't been started. Which sucks because I rarely miss a game...

That's funny about Feely -- he always made me nervous, but then again...

ALL KICKERS MAKE ME NERVOUS!!!

Exactly. In fact, a few years ago, I stopped watching any extra point or FG kicks whatsoever and performance improved for both my Gamecocks and Falcons. I tried not watching the Falcons kicks, but didn't seem to help....

And Andy, Falcons actually scored both times within the redzone. Vick ran one and threw a bullet to Crump from 5 yards away. They just couldn't kick a 40 yard or shorter FG. Glad you're back on the wagon. I was halfway off myself before the first two games. Vick looks sharper, relaxed, and confident. He doesn't have those crazy legs back there. Yea, he's going to overthrow a few guys from time to time. I guess its hard to tame a slingshot they call an arm:)
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2006
    dragon1952 wrote:
    The last couple years we had up until about 2 hrs before game time I believe.
    I really can't recall the deadline from last year.

I have sent an email to Surrealistic asking if it is possible for them to change the deadline to Saturday 9AM EST. I'll let you folks know as soon as I get a response.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • univera
    edited September 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, aside from a rivalry, what makes someone hate a team?

Bobman, that's easy. Any team with Jerry Jones, Bill Parcells, and Terrell Owens. Dallas makes strongly disliking them very easy. Pompous owner, coach, and biggest mouth in pro sports. Too bad about T.O.'s little broken fingernail....That cast won't look so hot with his $5,000 pimp suits.....I never cared for any of them as individuals, so this is an easy choice. T.O. is a close second to Michael Irvin as the most easy to dislike current or former NFL players. I suggest that Parcells goes on a tuna diet. Would probably help out with those man ****.......
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:

• zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2006
    Univera-

The real question is if you were on or off the bandwagon when Billie Joe Tolliver was lobbing ducks to Michael Haynes.:D
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2006
    Well had a better week this time.

Got 9 of em!

Effing Titans!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2006
    univera wrote:
    Exactly. In fact, a few years ago, I stopped watching any extra point or FG kicks whatsoever and performance improved for both my Gamecocks and Falcons. I tried not watching the Falcons kicks, but didn't seem to help....

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Falcons just reacquired Morten Anderson:eek:
  • jdhdiggs
    edited September 2006
    Amazed he's still alive...

Hope you don't need a kick longer than about 35 yds....
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited September 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Amazed he's still alive...

Hope you don't need a kick longer than about 35 yds....

Koenen will still handle all punting duties, as well as any kicks farther than 45 yards.

All Falcon's fans will forever be indebted to Anderson's game-winning kick againt a 15-1 Viking squad in Minnesota -- sending them to the Super Bowl in '98. Or better yet, indebted to Gary Anderson for missing some gimmes to allow the Falcons to make an improbable comeback.

This was the best game I have ever seen -- hands down.

So as long as Monday night's game ends early enough for him to catch Murder She Wrote or Matlock, we should be alright:D
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited September 2006
    Brady- overrated? I guess since the Pats did lose their first playoff game with him at QB last year, that's fair. The comparisons to Joe Montana are unwarranted, since Brady still trails him by 1 ring. So I guess it is possible that the team and QB of the millenium to date are overrated. I suppose you feel the same way about Tiger Woods?
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited September 2006
    For any of you that watched the game monday night, that was one of the worst MNF games I have ever watched. Not because I'm a big steeler fan and it was one of the worst offensive games in steelers history (Only 150 yards!). It was extremely boring. I kept flipping back and forth between the game and south park. Ben better get his game going, he better not turn into another Tommy maddox... After that performance, they don't even diserve to go to the playoffs.

P.S. I'm surprised that Im second in the pool right now. I barely been watching any games. Its funny how when I actually put money down on games/playoffs, I always lose.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • jdhdiggs
    edited September 2006
    ahorvitz wrote:
    Brady- overrated? I guess since the Pats did lose their first playoff game with him at QB last year, that's fair. The comparisons to Joe Montana are unwarranted, since Brady still trails him by 1 ring. So I guess it is possible that the team and QB of the millenium to date are overrated. I suppose you feel the same way about Tiger Woods?

I think you nailed the attitude and reason why everyone hates the Patriots perfectly! Congrats!

"QB of the Millenium"?
    "Team of the Millenium"?
    Brady compared to Woods?

Extremely laughable... :rolleyes:
  • univera
    edited September 2006
    Univera-

The real question is if you were on or off the bandwagon when Billie Joe Tolliver was lobbing ducks to Michael Haynes.:D

Zombie, I've been on the wagon a lifetime thanks to my old man. You better go back a bit further to Steve Bartkowski, William Andrews, Lynn Cain, Billy Whiteshoes Johnson, Bobby Butler, Alfred Jenkins, Gerald Riggs etc. That's when I started. I'm not one of those new Mick Vick Falcons fans.

I was there for Glanville and his Run and Shoot. Haynes led the league for a time in yrds/catch and was a fast guy. I don't care what anyone says, Chris Chandler was a very good player despite his pension for broken toenail injuries. I went to the playoff game the year of the Superbowl when Hearst broke his leg on the first play. T.O. was still a Niner thug. I also attended the last regular season game against the 9'ers that year. Only games I've been to in person, but watched a'plenty on the tube.

Now that the Falcs have Morten Anderson on the team, Super Bowl all the way....
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup: