2006-07 ClubPolk Football Pool

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I've been waiting for spasticpitbull to get the pool started this year but he's pretty busy, so I'll get us started this year. It won't cost you a cent and you just might win a prize...or at least bragging rights for a year.

Click on the link below and join in the fun.

http://surrealistic.com/cgi-bin/fball?createlogin+16
The group name is ClubPolk
The password is Polk

The rules are simple...you must be a member of this forum to join.
***EDIT***
Please use your Club Polk Screen Name so I can verify that you are in fact a member here.

Trash talking is expected.

What's in it for you? Well, there's no pot-o-gold, but I'll step up and hand out a few goodies to the top three at the end of the season. The prizes are TBD and will be announced at the end of the season. You'll also be entitled to a cool sig line at the end of the season.:D

Just like the SuperBowl...You can't win it if you aint in it!!
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2006
    Word!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2006
    Invalid name/password
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited August 2006
    Josh wrote:
    Invalid name/password

same here. I thought maybe the caps was the prob but it makes no difference.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Frank Z
    edited August 2006
    Not sure what you guy's are doing wrong, but it works for me and a few others so far. Make sure you select "ClubPolk" from the pull down menu and enter "Polk" in the password field. You'll get an email from Surrealistic with your user name and password. You can change your password once you've logged in.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2006
    You have to go to the "join group" section first...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2006
    I think it was Frank who just beat me the first year, ya bastage! ;)

I skipped out last year, but I'll try this one again. I have been so out of touch on football lately. :o
  • Frank Z
    edited August 2006
    Revised the link in post #1.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    I think it was Frank who just beat me the first year, ya bastage! ;)

I skipped out last year, but I'll try this one again. I have been so out of touch on football lately. :o

Let me update you: The packers still suck.

That is all.
  • Frank Z
    edited August 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    The packers still suck.
    Ahhh...and so it begins.:D
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2006
    The rooks have been looking pretty good there Frank and the Snake seems to responding well to the pressure. Looks like a good year upcoming for the Donks...
  • Frank Z
    edited August 2006
    Can you say Soup Or Bowl?
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2006
    Watch out Frank, that freak from KC is almost averaging 3.5 YPC this preseason... Nothing is going to stand in the way of 2K for LJ!!! :rolleyes:
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Let me update you: The packers still suck.

That is all.

Yeah, that's why I didn't play last year -- no interest when I'm not excited about my team. They said the same about this year, until they spanked the ever living hell out of the Falcons. All of a sudden people are saying they're the real deal. Well, I'll believe it when I see it. Would be a sweet exit for Favre if he could at least go out (maybe?) in style by making the playoffs.

I still live in the most historic state for football, and there is nothing like it in the NFL.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    Well, I'll believe it when I see it. Would be a sweet exit for Favre if he could at least go out (maybe?) in style by making the playoffs.

Or more appropriately, throwing a pick into triple coverage of his back foot or laying down so a DE can get a sack bonus.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,567
    edited August 2006
    Carolinas first string looks good.

3 good receivers now. Not just one. Should be interesting!

And have you seen the line? Between 3 guys theres like 700 pounds! weeee
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited August 2006
    In.

Go Pats! Deion Branch will not miss a game, and he's going to pile up yards and catches this year. When HoF players come out of retirement to win a ring with your team, yeah, you're THAT GOOD.
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2006
    ahorvitz wrote:
    In.

Go Pats! Deion Branch will not miss a game, and he's going to pile up yards and catches this year. When HoF players come out of retirement to win a ring with your team, yeah, you're THAT GOOD.

or THAT OLD. Or THAT DESPERATE. Or THAT THIN AT LB... ;)

I mean, Monte Beisel? Come on... Besides, what was the most games Seau played in a season over the last four years? 5 Games?
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2006
    In.

Go Falcons. And as for the Packer whuppin' -- just remember, we're still riding high off our victory at Lambeau in the playoffs. First and only team to do so in such temperatures I believe:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • beef316
    beef316 Posts: 154
    edited August 2006
    I'm in.
    2004 IASCA Spring Break Nationals Champion - Amateur Street
    2003 IASCA World Finals Runner Up - Amateur Street
    Certified IASCA Judge
  • Demiurge
    edited August 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Or more appropriately, throwing a pick into triple coverage of his back foot or laying down so a DE can get a sack bonus.

No, I hope it's a kick in the teeth like he gave to the Raiders a couple seasons back, and so many other teams over his career, but to a team you like. :p
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    or THAT OLD. Or THAT DESPERATE. Or THAT THIN AT LB... ;)

I mean, Monte Beisel? Come on... Besides, what was the most games Seau played in a season over the last four years? 5 Games?

Yeah, Seau will be a nice addition in occasional games, but if he breaks 8 games this season i'll be amazed. Monty Beisel's been improving, he's still young, he'll get better. Plus with Bruschi back in full fource, and then some really improving corners (I'm excited about Ellis Hobbs) and Rodney Harrison back in teh backfield.... the D is going to be MUCH improved this year.

Oh God I can't wait.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2006
    Should have never let McGinest get away...

Pats are strong at TE, QB and DL. LB MIGHT be good, not sold on them due to performance and age/injuries.

DB's are looking pretty sad and the WR situation without Givens is deplorable.

For my team, QB's look decent (top 10 level, not top 3). RB stable looks better than it has since Portis left. I can't remember when we had to cut a decent WR. TE is looking up. Only big question marks:
    Will Jake will continue to improve?
    How well will the D-line hold up/perform (Big???)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited August 2006
    Carolinas first string looks good.

3 good receivers now. Not just one. Should be interesting!

And have you seen the line? Between 3 guys theres like 700 pounds! weeee

I hate to admit it, but Carolina scares me this year.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2006
    Jake Delhomme scares me, because I think he's going to go into an ADHD seizure or something. Freak.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ahorvitz
    edited August 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Should have never let McGinest get away...

Pats are strong at TE, QB and DL. LB MIGHT be good, not sold on them due to performance and age/injuries.

DB's are looking pretty sad and the WR situation without Givens is deplorable.

...but it wasn't worth sinking the money into Mcginest either. Cleveland needs him a whole lot more than a team who can put Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, and Green, out there on the DL.

OL- better, Matt Light's healthy, Mankins 2nd year means continued progression.

LB- previously our area of greatest strength, a little softer this year, but Banta-Cain has had a good camp, Bruschi will be fine, and Seau will help a bit.

DB's will be better than last year. The young guys gained some valuable experience. We have Harrisson back, and Artrell Hawkins will contribute some.

WR will only be a problem without Branch. He'll be in the lineup Week 1 though, we all know that. So Branch, Caldwell, Chad Jackson, Troy Brown, with Graham and Watson doesn't look so bad, does it? Besides, with a healthy Dillon, Maroney, and those TE's, they're not going throw to the WRs as much as they have in recent years. Plus, the improved ground game is going to take a lot of pressure off the defense.

Yeah, I'm a homer. And yeah, I'm fired up!
    Main Rig
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Office

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited August 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Watch out Frank, that freak from KC is almost averaging 3.5 YPC this preseason... Nothing is going to stand in the way of 2K for LJ!!! :rolleyes:

Oh ya, preseason means so much. We went 0-4 last year, and still were 10-6. With LJ getting 1750 yards. Don't count the boy out, or you'll be sad you did.

And I'll be interested to see the Donkeys without their OC. Could be a bubble year for them... let's hope it doesn't all burst at once, or at least until week 2! :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ahorvitz
    edited August 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    Oh ya, preseason means so much. We went 0-4 last year, and still were 10-6. With LJ getting 1750 yards. Don't count the boy out, or you'll be sad you did.

And I'll be interested to see the Donkeys without their OC. Could be a bubble year for them... let's hope it doesn't all burst at once, or at least until week 2! :D

10-6 and a fantasy stud didn't get you to the playoffs. They'd better learn to play some defense. LJ can go for 2000 + 30 TD's, but even that's not enough when you give up 35 pts/game.
    Main Rig
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Office

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2006
    go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!

RT1
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2006
    MrNightly wrote:

Gee, by your logic the chefs will be lucky to get 30 yds/game rushing: Lost your OC, two starting tackles, and your all-pro fullback. Now you have a stiff LT who should have stayed retired and some other scrubs/ancient players and you think the Broncos offense is in trouble? How's Shields injury?

Also, last preseason you at least looked capable of running the rock...

BTW: Shanahan is/was/always will be the OC as long as he's head coach. The Broncos have changed OC's like they have with their running backs and with the same results year in and year out
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited August 2006
    well, as long as that piece of **** new england patriots and tom brady stay out of our way(that team does have our number), we will have to use our other hand to fit all of the superbowl rings;)
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27