2006-07 ClubPolk Football Pool

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2006
    Your response reads like I was asking for more:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2006
    Not at all, just trying to be clear and concise,
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2006
    I hate picking against a spread... ugg. Where are the good 'ole days of just picking the winner? :)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    Too easy anymore...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    I sent a blanket email to all players reminding you get your pics in. Please let me know if you did not receive the email.

2nd place prize will be announced next week.
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    For those of you that did poorly last week....

Keep it up!:p

Spreads are up, get yer picks in ladies.:cool:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    I got mine in. Hopefully Ill do better than last week! 5!!! Yuck!

I did more homework this week by watching Inside the NFL. You can tell which 2 weeks I didnt watch Inside the NFL!! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2006
    Gah, I went away last weekend and forgot to set my picks. Goddammit. You always forget SOMETHING when you travel...
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited October 2006
    CRAP! I let this slip past me. Two jobs will make you forget.....
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    Only a few hours left to get your picks in.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited October 2006
    Got 'em in this week.

Happy to see that one of my "Sure to win" picks, San Diego over KC, is going into the crapper early......20 to 6, KC winning right at the half. :(
    Sal Palooza
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006
    Zombie, hope you saw the Falcons game. Shootout with a crazy ending. Old man Morten still winning games....
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2006
    univera wrote:
    Zombie, hope you saw the Falcons game. Shootout with a crazy ending. Old man Morten still winning games....

How many times are they going to try that FG :eek:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2006
    That Falcons game was awesome!!! I wound up watching more of it than I did the NASCAR race!

I also think it was the only game I picked right.

I just suck at picking. I watch every weekend but I never watch the talk shows so I never know whats going on. But today had quite a few upsets. Tampa and Green Bay to name a few.

Looks like the upsets got everybody this week!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    Let's get those picks in folks. Looks like a great week for football!!
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2006
    Some bizarre lines this week. The Broncos favored over the COLTS? The 1-5 Browns favored over the 4-2 Jets?
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    Getting close to the dead line. Got your picks in?
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    If I could chose just one phrase to describe my performance in the pool this year it would have to be Sucking dog turds through a straw!

GAGGGGGGG!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2006
    EEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!!!!!!

did I have a sh*ty week or what!!!!!

DAMMIT!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ahorvitz
    ahorvitz Posts: 235
    edited October 2006
    LAST! Dead f***ing last! (among those who got their picks in)

Next week, I'll write down my picks and enter the opposite.
    Main Rig
    Pioneer Elite SC-05, Rotel RMB-1075
    RT800i, CS400i, RT35i, FXi50, Klipsch RSW-12
    Pioneer Elite DV F-07, PS3, Wii
    Monster HTS 3500 MKII
    SC Analog 2, BJC Speaker Wire
    Samsung HL61A650

2nd Rig

Pioneer Elite VSX-56txi, Pioneer Elite DV-47a
    Cambridge Soundworks, MC150 (Center), MC100 x 4, Mirage LF-150

Office

Adcom GTP-400, Adcom GFA-535II, (need a quality CDP), RT55i
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2006
    I have no idea how well I'm doing, I just filled out the whole year at week 1 without the lines and am going with that. The more thinking you do, the worse it gets...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    I missed another friggin week, why can't I remember to get my picks in? That's three weeks I'm a ZERO. 20 off the leader. Oh well, maybe a comeback is in order.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2006
    Some of you folks are pretty amazing with these picks. It's been such a strange year for gambling in the NFL this season, I'm amazed anyone gets any right.

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited October 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I missed another friggin week, why can't I remember to get my picks in? That's three weeks I'm a ZERO. 20 off the leader. Oh well, maybe a comeback is in order.

I pick ahead for 2 or 3 weeks just in case I forget. Then you can always go back and modify your picks ;)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2006
    Is there anyone that has not received the emails that I've been sending out via the Surrealistic.com website?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    I get them every now and then Frank, last one was a couple weeks ago.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    Lines are up gents.... have at it.

The Steelers are favored by 3 over the Donks -- talk amongst yourselves.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2006
    Pats favored by 3 over the Colts. Way it should be :D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Pats favored by 3 over the Colts. Way it should be :D

Agreed... and I cast my vote accordingly.

The only sense I can make of the Pitt-Denver line is that oddsmakers cannot possibly imagine a world where the Steelers (nay, Super Bowl champs) are 2-6.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited November 2006
    slight derail in favor of the college ranks, but.............

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!