Never buy a House (with someone else!)

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2007
    Dangit, I was waiting for the amps, now I didn't get squat... :(
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Dangit, I was waiting for the amps, now I didn't get squat... :(
    Ha . Sorry. Maybe later if I get desperate so there is always hope.:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited March 2007
    Hey Darla,
    I've been reading this thread for the last couple days and thought I'd chime in. I'm going thru a very nasty divorce/custody battle as we speak. Not to get too lengthy, but on Jan. 19 my so-called wife disappeared with my 2 daughters. It took a private investigator to locate her, and to my BIG surprise she had been planning it almost to months and moved hundreds of miles away to Sacramento. She stole furniture, assets, the whole nine yards, not to mention my girls. Anyway, I got myself together and started taking legal actions on the next business day. Thank God I did. Since then, I have gained custody of my girls, I will be keeping my home (which I had before we married), and as of now, she is on the outside looking in. My point is this, in situations like this, when war is declared, you must stay calm and make sure all your moves are calculated and accurate. Any filing with a court system (if that applies to your situation) should be done quickly. When it comes to assets, dont rely on yourself, get an attorney and make your moves quietly but swiftly. Trust me, I know what I'm saying. I'm a man in CALIFORNIA and I have custody of my kids and I'm keeping my home, that says alot to the merits of moving quietly and quickly. Best wishes.;)
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • wingnut4772
    edited March 2007
    Maurice wrote:
    Hey Darla,
    I've been reading this thread for the last couple days and thought I'd chime in. I'm going thru a very nasty divorce/custody battle as we speak. Not to get too lengthy, but on Jan. 19 my so-called wife disappeared with my 2 daughters. It took a private investigator to locate her, and to my BIG surprise she had been planning it almost to months and moved hundreds of miles away to Sacramento. She stole furniture, assets, the whole nine yards, not to mention my girls. Anyway, I got myself together and started taking legal actions on the next business day. Thank God I did. Since then, I have gained custody of my girls, I will be keeping my home (which I had before we married), and as of now, she is on the outside looking in. My point is this, in situations like this, when war is declared, you must stay calm and make sure all your moves are calculated and accurate. Any filing with a court system (if that applies to your situation) should be done quickly. When it comes to assets, dont rely on yourself, get an attorney and make your moves quietly but swiftly. Trust me, I know what I'm saying. I'm a man in CALIFORNIA and I have custody of my kids and I'm keeping my home, that says alot to the merits of moving quietly and quickly. Best wishes.;)

Yeah that's a bad situation. Unfortunately , she can take the furniture and stuff. Your only recourse there is civil. I am glad that you obtained custody. It is pretty crappy of her to do that. I wish you well
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited March 2007
    Thanks. Acutally I'm cool. I got rid of a problem and kept all my stuff.:D :D
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited March 2007
    Wingnut, Maurice...

My compliments to you both for keeping your cool in your respective situations. There is always something/someone better just around the corner.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited March 2007
    Maurice wrote:
    Not to get too lengthy, but on Jan. 19 my so-called wife disappeared with my 2 daughters. It took a private investigator to locate her, and to my BIG surprise she had been planning it almost two months and moved hundreds of miles away to Sacramento.

Maurice, don't be surprised down the road when it comes out that she had been planning this a LOT longer. :eek:

As you and Wingnut are doing, the key is to stay calm.

Don't argue, let her talk/rant/rave. When she talks, you can learn.
    When you talk, she can gather ammo and/or build defenses.

Sounds like you have the best interests of your girls in mind; as tough as it might be, make sure their mother isn't put down ("Hey, if mom is messed up, and I'm her daughter, what's that make me ?"). Also, it's not up to you to explain the unexplainable, or defend the undefendable.

Good luck to both of you all and, if you let it, it is ALL good. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • wingnut4772
    edited March 2007
    Well for the last two weeks I have had many a realtor traipse through here pretty much all telling me the same thing. The market sucks and we may be lucky to walk away with $0.00. Of course the realtor will make money. So now we are looking at Assist to Sell os even selling it ourselves. What a costly lesson I have learned...those amps may be going up after all.:(
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2007
    Good luck Darla,
    The market sucks, that is right. It is going to get worse as the mortgage companies are reeling from late payments and foreclosures will explode. Banks are now requiring an unheard of in recent years; downpayment. The stock market dropped 200+ because of this. Just keep the property in the best shape and be flexible to an extent.
    Venom
  • wingnut4772
    edited April 2007
    Update:

The market is soooooo crappy that we have decided to hold off for a while until it turns around. We have somehow managed to remain friends so that is good and it takes of the pressure from me having to have gajillions of dollars right away (hence a recent purchase:p ). I don't think I will be replacing the HT right now and I am still working on a plan (read Lotto) to buy out the other half but for now it seems I am keeping my house - I just have a roommmate.Could be worse, I guess.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited April 2007
    Hang in there; hope everything turns out good for you.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    Update:

The market is soooooo crappy that we have decided to hold off for a while until it turns around. We have somehow managed to remain friends so that is good and it takes of the pressure from me having to have gajillions of dollars right away (hence a recent purchase:p ). I don't think I will be replacing the HT right now and I am still working on a plan (read Lotto) to buy out the other half but for now it seems I am keeping my house - I just have a roommmate.Could be worse, I guess.

Amicable is always the best route! Good luck!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2007
    Good luck Darla :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Jim Shearer
    Jim Shearer Posts: 369
    edited April 2007
    Sounds good. And at least you aren't stuck in iPod hell.:eek: (and don't have to waste good money on a receiver you don't really want either.)

Good Luck!
    Jim
    A day without music is like a day without food.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited April 2007
    I'll move in if you want...... I can't cook, I can't clean, I make a mess, I leave the toilet seat up, I've never mowed a lawn(we don't even own a lawnmower), I can't paint.........Let me know!
  • wingnut4772
    edited April 2007
    I'll move in if you want...... I can't cook, I can't clean, I make a mess, I leave the toilet seat up, I've never mowed a lawn(we don't even own a lawnmower), I can't paint.........Let me know!

I might think about that if you come with an Anthem Statement D2, P5 Amp and a P2 amp with a new Toshiba HD player, and a Halcro D10, A pair of Halcro DM 88 amps and a pair of Wilson Maxx 2s for the 2 channel set up.

Forgot to mention a nice Simaudio or Naim CD AND SACD player.

OH.....and don't forget the Nordost Valhalla cables and interconnects and the Shunyata Hydras (notice the 'S' means multiple).

If you have a nice 1080p projector lying around, can you bring that too?
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    I'll bring that stuff if we can spend your money. Whattya say? :)
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2007
    How about if I bring everything as stated above, and also do all the chores as mentioned? Can I drive the Hummer?:p
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007
    I might think about that if you come with an Anthem Statement D2, P5 Amp and a P2 amp with a new Toshiba HD player, and a Halcro D10, A pair of Halcro DM 88 amps and a pair of Wilson Maxx 2s for the 2 channel set up.

Forgot to mention a nice Simaudio or Naim CD AND SACD player.

OH.....and don't forget the Nordost Valhalla cables and interconnects and the Shunyata Hydras (notice the 'S' means multiple).

If you have a nice 1080p projector lying around, can you bring that too?

Sorry, the only things I can really offer to you are my $100,000 college debt and rest of my Infiniti G35x debt......

Let me know!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    How about if I bring everything as stated above, and also do all the chores as mentioned? Can I drive the Hummer?:p
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I'll bring that stuff if we can spend your money. Whattya say? :)

Get in line you two, I was here first! :(
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2007
    Hey, I bring the best equipment. ;) :eek: :p
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited April 2007

I've heard about your interconnects, her system might choke on them?:p:rolleyes:
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2007
    :confused: This thread has now turned sordid and unseemly....

....maybe that's a good thing. :eek:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007

But hey, atleast mine comes with guaranteed longevity being one of the youngest here. :cool:
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2007
    I won't bring the best toys, but I could be there the fastest. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Demiurge
    edited April 2007
    But hey, atleast mine comes with guaranteed longevity being one of the youngest here. :cool:

You sprout yet, junior? ;)
  • BaggedLancer
    edited April 2007
    You sprout yet, junior? ;)

At my young age of 21......I'm gonna have to answer that with an "almost" ;)
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2007
    Darla, I don't know about the others here above ^^^^ but I'm 99.9998% house trained. ;)

.0002% for the F*$K up days.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Demiurge
    edited April 2007
    This page reads like an episode of Love Connection with Chuck Woolery.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    Man, ad an attractive female to the mix and you guys just get downright silly.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut