Parasound HCA 1000
Oppo BDP 95
Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
Totem Mask Surrounds X4
Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
Sony PS3
Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
Post edited by wingnut4772 on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2006
    I'd hate to add salt to the wound, but that's the first time I've seen your system pics......

and that sucks your HT has been sent to solitary:D

UNBELIEVABLE

(as an aside, the wife and I are scheduled to look at two homes this evening):p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited July 2006
    I'd hate to add salt to the wound, but that's the first time I've seen your system pics......

and that sucks your HT has been sent to solitary:D

UNBELIEVABLE

(as an aside, the wife and I are scheduled to look at two homes this evening):p

Thanks. They are only in boxes as I don't want any 'harm' to come to them.

Good luck with the house hunting ;) . When I buy my new place it is going to have a larger room with better acoustics for HT or I won't buy it at all. that makes me a little excited:o Something to look forward to I guess.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited July 2006
    Force him to buy you out.
    Offer to let him keep the house at the inflated price he claims it is worth and have him pay you half of the difference in price over what the two of you paid.
    If not plant some dope on him and send him up the river. :D j/k
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • wingnut4772
    edited July 2006
    I made that offer but he can't carry this house buy himself. The MTG is insane.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited July 2006
    Buying a house with another person is not necessarily bad, however doing it as an emotional (ie I love you and nothing will go wrong) decision versus a business decision is bad. Alot of what you are going through should of been worked out up front and put in place as a signed/notorized agreement between you. Now you are trying to do this after the deal has done gone south, and that's not a good place to be.

I would total up what you both have invested in the property, down payment plus improvements, that will be included in the sale. Those amounts will determine the ratio of equity, profit, or loss. You also can't ignore the value of your credit rating and the timely house payments on the bum's credit rating. Since the payments are being reported in both your names, his credit rating should of improved at your expense.

If he wants to keep the house, based on the above, you can work out what your current equity is, and what he needs to come up with to buy you out. Because this isn't a divorce, you also have some property ownership rights you wouldn't have in a divorce. You will probably need an attorney to excersize your right to rent your part of the property, put liens against the property, etc. The other option is to continue to live there and make the bum's life a living hell! You're not married, you are a joint property owner, unless he can prove violence and that he is in danger (even though he is!), he can't get you out of there. The male of the species won't tolerate this situation for long. What you don't want to do is leave and have him do a legal maneuver claiming you abandoned the property.

I would opt for the townhome. Make sure you check out how much wall is in common with the adjoining unit, how that wall is constructed, and where the wall in common is in relation to where your HT would be. A lot of newer townhomes use the garage area as the wall in common, so noise is not much of an issue if you have the windows shut and the a/c on. Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2006
    he wants an inflated amount in order to pocket a certain amount (i.e. after the mortgage is paid off) I wouldnt move out of that house until he agrees to sell in fair market. give up your half of the $ for him to get more? HELL NO! he can scratch &ss. Simple closing procedure, house sells for a price, you each get half. palin and simple. if he doesnt like the amnount he gets, let him be the one that says no sale, not you.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited July 2006
    Too bad townhouses there aren't like they are around here- usually you get a very large basement room that's perfect for HT. There you get water if you dig a hole more than 3 feet deep.

Still, good luck selling!

Oh, and start building your paper trail NOW! Find proof of everything you put into the place and if you really want to make it fun shred anythingyou can find re: him putting money into it.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited July 2006
    Even the townhouse down here though I am lookin at about 300 to 350K!:eek:

Darla
    If you're handy, have a real estate agent run the foreclosures list for you. Some of these just need minor repair, paint and new flooring and are typically cheap. It'll also give you a jump start on some equity. Not to mention the pride in knowing you refurbed the place yourself.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • wingnut4772
    edited July 2006
    The other option is to continue to live there and make the bum's life a living hell! You're not married, you are a joint property owner, unless he can prove violence and that he is in danger (even though he is!), he can't get you out of there.
    That may be an option.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2006
    Invite F1Nut over an afternoon. He seems to be a big hit with the 'not so bright' crowd.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dkg999
    edited July 2006
    If you can, get some legal advice. I'm not sure what FL law is, however in some states a joint property owner that moves out can fall under an "abandonment" statute, and that would not be a good thing in your case. Also, read your mortgage legaleeze, if you are the primary borrower it may state that you must maintain the property as your residence. There may be a few things you can leverage to get your way.

If I remember right you are an LEO, so you interact with DA's and prosecuters, who have lawyer networks they can tap into. I would see if one of them has an attorney friend you could spend an hour with to get some good advice. Good Luck!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited July 2006
    That may be an option.

I don't think staying there is a good option--if you don't mind me saying so. These things usually turn sour....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2006
    Sorry to hear it just did not work out Wing.

Good Luck to you.

RT1
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2006
    I am worried about the townhouse idea because of my HT. It's not exactly HT in a box and I want to be able to enjoy it fully without having my co-workers :p come to my house because the neighbors complain..

Townhouses and HT's probably don't mix very well. You would always be at the mercy of your neighbors. Even single family homes which are within a 100' of each other can be problematic. Maybe you could get some dirt on the people on both sides before you buy a townhouse, that might work at keeping them in line. :D

Personally, I would take a single family home in a lesser neighborhood. Preferably with some land between you and the next neighbor.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2006
    I would not stay there and make his life a living hell. That would be bad for both of you and end up costing you a lot of time and anguish, let alone money (or worse: jobs, prison time, etc... if things really got out of hand). Get expert advice from lawyers in your networks and go from there.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2006
    Live and learn my friend.Sorry about your situation.As a former realty guy,I can say go for the single family home.They tend to go up in value faster than all the others....townhomes,condo's.Go into nicer area's and find a house that needs work,sweat equity is a good thing.I kind of like the idea of sticking some weed in his pocket and sending him up the river.Get some legal
    advice on the sale of the house.Any common law marriage laws in your state?
    Don't screw up your credit rateing in the process of dealing with the ****.
    Good luck to you and we know you will be much happier in the long run.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited July 2006
    It's just like crossing the street: Stop, Look, and Listen; then proceed with caution to avoid getting run over.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited July 2006
    Buy old in a good neighborhood. New houses are great, but you'll get the least amount of bang for your buck. Even if you're not handy, you can learn. Demo and power tools are great for getting out all the rage at your raw deal, and I'm sure there are buddies in your department that will work for beer...:D.
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited July 2006
    Whatever you decide to do, make your long term well being priority number one. Good luck.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • wingnut4772
    edited July 2006
    Thanks guys. He is really trying. He told me he is going to go to counseling and he is sorry..he loves me blah blah blah. That's all I hear ..blah.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• dkg999
    edited July 2006
    Faced with loss of his castle, and his meal-ticket, the male of the species always decides to play the "love" card. Grovel until he can come up with plan B. Hopefully he will really take this seriously. Wishing you all the luck in the world with this one :)
    DKG999

• wingnut4772
    edited July 2006
    I told him that is what he said last time and nothing changed. He actually has an appt Monday for the therapist. Blah blah blah
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited July 2006
    Darla, in the end is it worth it if you have to continually repeat this pattern? I'd say cut your losses (lose the loser) and move on by doing whatever you need to do to get out of the house and moved somewhere else.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited July 2006
    That's all I hear ..blah.
    Time for an upgrade!!:D

Good luck, hope everything works out for ya.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • wingnut4772
    edited July 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    Darla, in the end is it worth it if you have to continually repeat this pattern? I'd say cut your losses (lose the loser) and move on by doing whatever you need to do to get out of the house and moved somewhere else.
    I agree. Too little too late.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2006
    I'm sorry to hear of your woes Darla. The good news is that you'll be better off in the long run. The bad news is it could take some time and get ugly. Don't lose sight of the end game: to be happy:) No matter what, you will get there. Good luck!
    Carl

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2006
    good luck Darla. I don't have any other advice than hasn't already been given out.

sorry you have to go thru this. Sometimes we have to go thru unpleasant time to get to the better times.. at some point.. this will all be behind you.

best of luck.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited July 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    Invite F1Nut over an afternoon. He seems to be a big hit with the 'not so bright' crowd.

BDT

Hehe......:D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• wingnut4772
    edited July 2006
    Guys. I am so messed up with this situation....AND I am thoroughly confused. I am sitting here in my beautiful back yard by the pool with my dogs and really wondering if I should give this another shot.....Also...I have a slight confession to make which may put a different spin on things and I hope that you guys don't get PO'd at me but in the interest of keeping things simple on this board and avoiding any hate (like I have seen some here receive)I said that the **** was a he when it's really...well not. It's a chick.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2006
    I don't know that the revelation changes anything other than the fact the fights would be worse and last longer in that women tend to be more emotional and for a longer time. I would try to find a way out. This seems to be a repeated pattern in your relationship. Staying together for $$$ or convienance isn't what will make you happy. Would you still want to be with this person if you were living seperately? That should be your answer.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin