What do you do for a living?

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2007
    Been doing construction and carpentry work for 25 years, have my own company and am partners with another guy. Also have worked on the family farm my whole life till last year when I leased it out. Just got to be to much for myself after I had to put my Dad in the nursing home. Am also doing computer work in my spare time now.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    I perform sexual therapies for money
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    I travel a great deal for a German based company as a Technician. We do electrical, mechanical, and some light programming. We install 3.1 Million dollars machines for Tire,Plastic and Metal companies in North and south America. I get to spend a multitude of hours fixing what others think they fixed on our machines. Our machines make the steel cord belts in your tires wether it be Michelin ,Goodyear ,BF Goodrich you name it they Have at least one of our machines. Travling this much has afforded me some very nice vactions simply due to the miles and hotel points. Too Australia, Italy, Germany and Brasil.

I loved car audio as a kid and still get into a clean install and a good sound.Thats not important to me now except my boys stuff I help him with. Ive turned my audio passion towards Home stereo and you can tell. I like exceptional audio but the high end stuff is outa my league. So I try try try to make it sound as good as I can.......
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    I perform sexual therapies for money

When are you coming over???? I'll make sure my wife is out of the house.:eek: :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    I travel a great deal for a German based company as a Technician. We do electrical, mechanical, and some light programming. We install 3.1 Million dollars machines for Tire,Plastic and Metal companies in North and south America. I get to spend a multitude of hours fixing what others think they fixed on our machines. Our machine make the steel cord belts in your tires wether it be Michelin ,Goodyear ,BF Goodrich you name they Have at least one of our machines. Travling this much has afforded me some very nice vactions simply due to the miles and hotel points. Too Australia, Italy, Germany and Brasil.

I loved car audio as a kid and still get into a clean install and a good sound.Thats not important to me now except my boys stuff I help him with. Ive turned my audio passion towards Home stereo and you can tell. I like exceptional audio but the high end stuff is outa my league. So I try try try to make it sound as good as I can.......

Your signature says it all.:)
  • pacificoastbear
    pacificoastbear Posts: 105
    edited February 2007
    Work is entirely overrated, just ask G-Dubya.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited February 2007

And you're an ignorant punk.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007

presruss1.jpg
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007

That is your 26th useless post.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007

Aaaaahhhh, to be young, naive, and ignorant....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Aaaaahhhh, to be young, naive, and ignorant....

. . .useless. . . stupid. . .
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    . . .useless. . . stupid. . .

Let's see if he's smart enough to get the obvious joke with that quote... :p
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited February 2007
    McLoki wrote:
    I'm a senior network (LAN) administrator for a multi-national electronics manufacturer. The MFG plant in this division is not that large though, so I am actually responsible for anything that plugs in. (to the wall you perverts... :) )

Michael

Ditto here, except I'm at a small hospital in central Arkansas. I'm also Michael.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2007
    I've worked for a baby bell, at this time Qwest for almost 29 yrs. I install high speed data equipment and do dc powering.The eq that terminates fiber to electrical digital. Basically anything at ds1 (t10 and above).
    DSL, DS1, DS3, and fiber signal handoffs. along with powering everything outside of the central office.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    IT department at a local Procter & Gamble facility.

I FIX YA COMPUTA
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. Here one day and not a single thing worth reading. Problem is, I actually read some of his posts. Didn't take but a second or two so I'm not out much.

Three left clicks....problem solved.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited February 2007
    Who called the meeting of the G-DubbbbbUhYah Fan Klub ? :rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    When are you coming over???? I'll make sure my wife is out of the house.:eek: :D

PM sent

just kidding :eek: :D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    jmwest1970 wrote:
    Ditto here, except I'm at a small hospital in central Arkansas. I'm also Michael.

That was my niche, hospital information systems. I've been to 224 (my count could be off as in more) hospitals around this country throughout my career. Towards the end of my career I branched out into help desk architecture for the Army Logistics world wide help desk and that was really interesting. I would get calls from servicemen stationed in Israel or other places around the globe.
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    ben62670 wrote:
    PM sent

Awe 'cmon I thought you were coming! pun intended.:p

ben62670 wrote:
    just kidding :eek: :D
  • ben62670
    edited February 2007
    I have not been lucky with the Ladies. Maybe I should try? Na I have enough problems, but as far as batting for the other team??? Nooooooooooope! :eek:
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited February 2007
    I've installed (to begin with), tested, and repaired equipment (in "the field") related to the alarms, cameras, and card access systems for 33 years.
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Sansui wrote:
    I've installed (to begin with), tested, and repaired equipment (in "the field") related to the alarms, cameras, and card access systems for 33 years.

I'm looking to have an alarm system installed in my home, any suggestions?

BTW my neighbors claim to never lock their doors, er . . . um . . . yeah okay, I'm from the city, the only time I don't lock my door is when the dog is out front doing his duty and I'm about to reenter the house.
  • mikesd
    mikesd Posts: 43
    edited February 2007
    Park and Rec. director for a small city and own and operate a part time photography company specializing in weddings.
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited February 2007
    I'm looking to have an alarm system installed in my home, any suggestions?
    First of all, if you get an alarm system make sure you spend the extra money for fire protection! Just as important, get a monitoring agreement. That way if there's a fire or a break in the proper authorities will be notified. A "local" system will only have alarm notifications at the property being protected. A monitored system will transmit signals to a "central station" who (24/7) will notify you and the proper authorities.

Many companies offer a monitoring agreement also. Be wary of those companies that offer "free" systems though. If you do the math, you'll end up paying more for that system than you will buying from a company that sells you the equipment and a monitoring agreement. The "free" system will probably come with a monitoring contract for five years and the monthly charge will be more as opposed to a year to three year contract if you buy the equipment. Companies usually sell "package" systems. Remember, you can add contacts/motions to that package (which will cost more per device).

As for break in protection get all doors contacted and have motion detectors put up in "normal" traffic areas. That way if someone comes through a window they'll still get caught. You can arm the doors only when you're home and arm the whole system when you're gone.

You might consider an outside horn to alert your neighbors (if possible) but have it mounted in the attic facing directly out of it instead of allowing it to be mounted on the outside of the building unless it's a "bank bell" (with the tampers connected to the system).
    BTW my neighbors claim to never lock their doors, er . . . um . . . yeah okay, I'm from the city, the only time I don't lock my door is when the dog is out front doing his duty and I'm about to reenter the house.
    I'd be the same way if I ever lived in the country. I've always lived in a city.
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Sansui wrote:
    First of all, if you get an alarm system make sure you spend the extra money for fire protection! Just as important, get a monitoring agreement. That way if there's a fire or a break in the proper authorities will be notified. A "local" system will only have alarm notifications at the property being protected. A monitored system will transmit signals to a "central station" who (24/7) will notify you and the proper authorities.

Many companies offer a monitoring agreement also. Be wary of those companies that offer "free" systems though. If you do the math, you'll end up paying more for that system than you will buying from a company that sells you the equipment and a monitoring agreement. The "free" system will probably come with a monitoring contract for five years and the monthly charge will be more as opposed to a year to three year contract if you buy the equipment. Companies usually sell "package" systems. Remember, you can add contacts/motions to that package (which will cost more per device).

As for break in protection get all doors contacted and have motion detectors put up in "normal" traffic areas. That way if someone comes through a window they'll still get caught. You can arm the doors only when you're home and arm the whole system when you're gone.

You might consider an outside horn to alert your neighbors (if possible) but have it mounted in the attic facing directly out of it instead of allowing it to be mounted on the outside of the building unless it's a "bank bell" (with the tampers connected to the system).

I'd be the same way if I ever lived in the country. I've always lived in a city.

Thanks Bro. One more question, how to keep the motion detectors from going off, I have an 80lb dog?
  • harold280z
    harold280z Posts: 72
    edited February 2007
    I'm a finance manager for a Vob Nissan, been here 20 yrs!
    Bedroom Stuff 5.1
    Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS
    Pioneer Elite Blue Ray BDP-05FD
    Monster Power HTS3500
    Harmont Remote 880
    Sony Bravia KDL40S2400
    Polk RTi8's Front
    Polk T20E's Rear
    Polk RM202 Center
    Martin Logan Abyss Sub:D :D ::D

Basement Stuff 7.1
    Sony STR ES5000
    Sony DVD NC55ES
    Pioneer Elite DVD DV48AV
    Pioneer Elite 910HD
    Monster Power HTS3600
    Harmony Remote 688
    Warfedale Diamond 8.4 Front
    Warfedale Diamond 8.2 Sides & Rear
    Warfedale Diamond 8 Center
    SVS PB12-Plus/2 Sub:D:D :D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2007
    Thanks Bro. One more question, how to keep the motion detectors from going off, I have an 80lb dog?

There are motion detector which are pet immune devices or a motion detector can be mounted at waist level facing up at ceiling vs. ceiling level facing floor.

BTW I spent 12 years of my life in the Alarm industry, out of it now and never missed it.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    Congrats JF!

Do you enjoy it?
    Willow wrote:
    Hey Cathy,

Well I'm now a Quality development Analyst still for the same insurance company. Basically what I do is go over the New Business files and make sure the work is done correctly. As well as part time trainer for any one new coming aboard the new business,(which is underwriting and issue)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2007

Be on the lookout for a Flea Market post soon...
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre