Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    carlssut_4.jpg

Rich what is that? The underside of a tube buffer?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    looks like the soft white underbelly of a stereo SUT (step up transformer) to my semi-trained eye (and semi-savvy brain).
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited August 2014
    Options
    carlssut_4.jpg

Mr. Hardy is absolutely on top of things. It's a home made SUT. Two speed (low and high) with ground lift and "inny" transformers versus external.

cinemagsut_4.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ooh, a two-speed! Gotta clutch, or is it a turbo-hydramatic ; - )

Seriously, what kind of transformers are they?

FWIW -- and not that it's all about me ; - ) -- I've got a nice pair of the Silk (Thailand) SUTs I need to assemble into some sort of permanent enclosure... someday.

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ooh, a two-speed! Gotta clutch, or is it a turbo-hydramatic ; - )

Seriously, what kind of transformers are they?

Automatic. Powerslide.

I built two. Carl got the Cinemag blues and I picked up some used Cinemag reds.

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    carlssut_4.jpg

Mr. Hardy is absolutely on top of things. It's a home made SUT. Two speed (low and high) with ground lift and "inny" transformers versus external.

cinemagsut_4.jpg

I am guessing that something to do with turntables lol? Correct?

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2014
    Options
    10 - 4 good buddy. A SUT is one way to convert the very low level signal from a LOMC (low output moving coil cartridge) -- often 100 microvolts or so -- up to the normal (several millivolts) level of a moving magnet (MM) cartridge. The SUT's output can then drive a normal MM phono preamp. As a passive device, the SUT should add no noise when it does so.

The other way to step up the output of a LOMC to drive a normal MM phono preamp is with a so-called "head amp" or "pre-pre amp" (or any phono preamp with adequate gain; typically ca. 60 dB) -- these active devices (e.g., Jim Hagerman's "Piccolo") can be pretty good, but will always add some noise and distortion when they do their job.

A really good pair of SUTs aren't cheap, though.

No free lunch, as always.

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Nice woody... umm... should I rephrase that?

2931490430cz.jpg

Did you take that one with the fog? I'd have that framed and hanging on my wall.

3zt7gritxv2t.jpg

v3wmc3ay0tg5.jpg
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    4yxu0xy0vllp.jpg

Bird in Hand winery, near Adelaide, South Australia.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »

Did you take that one with the fog? I'd have that framed and hanging on my wall.
    Yup, last week -- haven't figured out how to hang pixels on the wall, though ;-)

3zt7gritxv2t.jpg
    Ditto - you should frame and hang this one up!
    v3wmc3ay0tg5.jpg

The interplay of the Carassius auratus auratus and the reflection is very nice.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    So far, Target is the best place to have digital photos printed in my area. You can bring your photos in on a CD-R, thumbdrive, SD card, microSD. They turn out awesome. They have two choices, something like "in house" and "professional". That may not be what they call them, but one is basically a computer printer and the other is a huge piece of equipment/printer that does an amazing job. You can select whatever size you want. Bigger sizes are extremely pricey!
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    BoUM85.th.jpg

The Fab 4 and the Pumpkinman LOL
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • Hermitism
    Options
    There's a big art show every year in Louisville the first weekend in October. There's a guy that combines two black and white photos, that used to show his work there. I've got a bunch of his work matted and framed on the wall. These aren't the best quality scans.

bl7o20usbcvh.jpg
    g2va6somn8ny.jpg
    jpox4v2vt82a.jpg
    eob5c6z7ym37.jpg
    sh09436jclzi.jpg
    qa9ejbofb6w8.jpg
    aoicsei351tg.jpg
    6w8oon5tc6gq.jpg
    2wqqhuyllyst.jpg
    G1.jpg 524.6K
    G2.jpg 168.7K
    G3.jpg 521.3K
    G4.jpg 210.6K
    G7.jpg 80.2K
    G8.jpg 109.4K
    G9.jpg 88.6K
    g10.jpg 39.7K
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Herm... Try walgreens.... They can do canvas prints as well and they look great.

I've had them do a bunch of stuff on canvas for my wife.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Herm... Try walgreens.... They can do canvas prints as well and they look great.

I've had them do a bunch of stuff on canvas for my wife.
    Do the employees at Walgreens ever comment about your g-e-n-it-als?

(Thought that word might get blocked)
  • Green '01
    Options
    My weekend project:

Before_zps6ff24e67.jpg
  • Green '01
    Options
    5.4 in a 2001 Ford F-150 4x4. Cracked plastic intake manifold and a blown out spark plug. Was the family hunting truck / boat & camper hauler, but now will be son's transportation for school and dates. Thankfully, I didn't have to twist his arm to get him to help with the project.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    The new grass cutting rig:
    bztohcc61j2p.jpg
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Tornado Red
    Options
    Steve...either your garage is too big or you don't have enough toys :)
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    bztohcc61j2p.jpg

Now that's a ride on mower.

Cheers
    Roger
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Options
    136g4uje6ml9.jpg
    This is my Rig we were at the bottom of the Sunwapta pass at 6740 feet elv. On the ice fields parkway Jasper National Park.

Cheers
    Roger
  • steveinaz
    Options
    polk500 wrote: »
    136g4uje6ml9.jpg
    This is my Rig we were at the bottom of the Sunwapta pass at 6740 feet elv. On the ice fields parkway Jasper National Park.

Cheers
    Roger

That is EXACTLY what I need to fill in my garage!

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited September 2014
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    bztohcc61j2p.jpg

You have grass in AZ? :D

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Steve...either your garage is too big or you don't have enough toys :)

Thats the garage/shed that also is built to house an RV... He's got space for days..............
  • steveinaz
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The shop is actually bigger than the house. About 2550 sqft (68' x 38'). It has a casita inside as well. The house has it's own 2.5 car garage.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    [/quote]

You have grass in AZ? :D [/quote]

Surprisingly we do, now that we're out of town; but it's seasonal grass brought on by the monsoons.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Erik, I was confused about the same thing. I watched your ATV tour video and saw NUFFIN BUT DIRT! It must of been one of those gotta have it moments. :p
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!