Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• BKphoto
    BKphoto Posts: 409
    edited August 2014
    Options
    never knew that many people actually like cats...
    Marantz 1152 DC- Denon DP 1200, Soundsmith Carmen MKII- ADS L980 - Blue Jeans IC's
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I give up. This forum software sucks.

Hopefully the new version won't be as lame.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Nice hummer! How did I miss this picture last night? :-P
    I give up. This forum software sucks.

Hopefully the new version won't be as lame.
    It likely will. That said, the most efficacious way to post one's own photos, anywhere, is to use a hosting service such as Google (ex-Picassa), Flikr, or Photobucket (IMO, of course).
    BKphoto wrote: »
    never knew that many people actually like cats...

Virtually all of the internet bandwidth not consumed by **** and illegal downloading of copyrighted content is devoted to kittehs.

;-)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited August 2014
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    The buck was closer to the house this evening -- light was poor (and I was still shooting through a window) but, FWIW, here're a coupla more photos.

Wow, your deer are a lot more meaty and thick than the ones around here. Even the bucks look a bit thin in my woods. How can you take picture through glass and have them look better than the ones I take when I'm outdoors? I quit! You're gonna have to give me lessons!

I walked out one day to use a barrel smoker and found this on the shelf that is attached to the front of it.

Dscn0867b.jpg
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
    One more. I had a homing pigeon show up one day. Stayed for about an hour and then took off. It let me get close, but wouldn't let me pick it up. Each time I reached out to pick it up, it would **** and jump back about a foot. Not unlike what I do when someone reaches out to touch me!

DSCN2452.JPG
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited August 2014
    Options
    One more. I had a homing pigeon show up one day. Stayed for about an hour and then took off. It let me get close, but wouldn't let me pick it up. Each time I reached out to pick it up, it would **** and jump back about a foot. Not unlike what I do when someone reaches out to touch me!

Hermitism I bet your a HOOT at party's.:cheesygrin:

You guys have been posting nice photos lately.

Dan
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2014
    Options
    your closeups are superb, though!
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thank you, sirs. This is embarrassing but I've been using a ten year old 4MP Nikon Coolpix 4100. After years of using a big heavy 35mm, I just wanted something small that I could stick in my pocket. It takes great macro shots, but doesn't have a lot of manual settings. I went through a bug and flower phase. My greatest fault is I always want to center the subject on the photo, which makes for boring photos. I really need to work on subject placement. I've been itching to buy a DSLR, but I've got too many hobbies and not enough $$.
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I can't take a lot of credit for these since I used a camera that doesn't have a lot of manual settings. It's just been a really good pocket camera, with the exception of indoor pictures. Colors aren't accurate when using the flash. When I've posted pics of my home theater, the room looked extremely bright. The taupe walls looked almost off white.

I don't mean to be a post ****, but since I'm uploading pics directly to the forum and not using online photo storage, I can only post one pic per post, or they just end up as links you have to click on. I hate that.

DSCN2479.JPG
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Are you using any photo editing in the pics?
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Are you using any photo editing in the pics?

I used Photosuite to shrink down the size. There is a file size limit when uploading to the forum. I cropped the one with the periwinkle so the flower wouldn't be centered and had to remove someone's head in the lower corner of the koi photo. I don't think the others have ever been cropped, unless I did it right after taking the photos. When I resize them down, they lose some of the sharpness, but I never did anything to adjust for that or to change the color or brightness.

Edit: I looked at the pic sizes on my computer and I did crop some of them when the pics were taken.
  • dkfreebird
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I was just curious,we have a canon xsi and our pics are not that clear,of course we just got it and am still learning
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I was amazed when I first got that little camera at how well macro photos turned out. It was one of the reasons I bought it after reading the reviews of people that purchased it, when it came out. I had narrowed down my search to two cameras. The other was a small Canon pocket camera. The Canon I was interested in (can't remember the model from ten years ago) had more manual adjustment, but the Nikon supposedly had the better lens between the two. I really wanted more control, but I picked the Nikon. My 35mm is a Nikon and my Dad has a Nikon and we've never had a problem with them, so I stayed loyal to the brand.
  • dkfreebird
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the info,my wife does some art work on the side and good pics are a must for her and I just need something that is easy for her to work with
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• mhardy6647
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My son started with a CoolPix 4100... we still have it and still use it sometimes as a travel camera -- it is small (virtually pocket-sized) and it takes good pictures.

Beautiful flower photos above!

... FWIW, here're a couple I've taken this year... they are not in the same class as yours, Hermitism!

14509821163_6989243d3f_b.jpgDSC_1576 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

14810476273_e20332c80f_b.jpgDSC_2042 by mhardy6647, on Flickr
  • Hermitism
    edited August 2014
    Options
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Thanks for the info,my wife does some art work on the side and good pics are a must for her and I just need something that is easy for her to work with

I bought it in 2004. Cameras have come a long way since then. Back then, Canon and Nikon were the digital camera giants. Today there are a lot of digital camera brands that get great reviews. And they've really come down in price in the last ten years. Hell, most people have better cameras on their phones than what I am using. For me, I've had such a trouble free experience with Nikon that I don't think I'd ever jump ship.

There's a lot of good info here: http://www.dpreview.com/
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,083
    Options

Good times......
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's