Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,324
    edited June 22
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    0urujtusmdc7.png

See, this is the kind of thing I find really amusing! They call this stuff Verb,
    so Verb is its name. That makes Verb a noun.

Nouning weirds language, too.

Hysterical!

:D

Since it's a business venture does that make it a PROnoun :D
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,327
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    0urujtusmdc7.png

See, this is the kind of thing I find really amusing! They call this stuff Verb,
    so Verb is its name. That makes Verb a noun.

Nouning weirds language, too.

Hysterical!

:D

Well played, sir.
    Well played.

Since it's a business venture does that make it a PROnoun :D
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to adVerb to my shopping list.

Just don't do it hastily (see what I did there?).

:|

• Tony MTony M Posts: 9,393
    edited June 23
    Here are those JBL's and NHT 2.5i's. And the old Onkyo Rec. and Sony player.

The JBL on the right was playing bass last night. Today, the amp wouldn't turn on for nothing. I hear a click when I push the toggle to "on", but no bass and the red led's don't turn to green like last night. I hate plate amps! It has tiny switches on the plate amp and maybe it's one of those. >:)
    9bke0k9pt3jn.png
    8i1yhfrioo0n.png
    aiztw797uam9.png
    coqelw76s5w5.png

Both towers were lit green last night! ;) the sound was fantastic too.

I have a lot of fuses that these use. I didn't change fuses a bit earlier. I'll look at it later. ;)
    sxqqcnav5tlb.png

Onto my polk SDA2's. The ones with 2 tweeters and 3 woofers. Then some others. :)

After looking at how these pics turned out on this thread, It looks like a wheel on the metal rack is sunk into the floor! I'm going out to check it out now.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    The flat wheel image was an optical illusion thank god. It's a shadow that makes the wheel look sunken in. :D
    tp70pjwzdwqd.png

I turned the system back on and after a few minutes, the amp turned on again in the right speaker. Maybe it's the auto/ manual turn on switch that needs attention. :#
    Crazy!!
    wae5nx6srk6q.png
    smmnig4ogve7.png

I just did a 1/2 hour or more jam session listening to those monsters again. They have their own signature sound for sure. Midrange is said to be their specialty and I have to agree. Very listenable and clear. They say you can tell what # drum-stick a drummer is using. I have to agree. Very life-like mids.
  • TEAforONETEAforONE Posts: 534
    z6rp4595cvqp.jpeg
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Prometheus Audio,April Music,Bluesound,Pro-Ject,Onkyo,Graham Chartwell,Nola,Hornshoppe,HSU Research.
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 8,090
    😳
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,594
    I discovered I can turn up the contrast a bit to really show the two opposing colors. This was with my Galaxy S9 phone.

I really want a real camera.

bafdt0sv267s.jpg
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 716
    Now there’s a camera!
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 8,090
    Exlax
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,746
    Crystal pane...
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,746
    CH46E wrote: »
    I really want a real camera.

bafdt0sv267s.jpg

Why? That's an awesome pic! I've taken some stellar shots with my phone just because it was handy at the perfect time. Keep up the good work!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,777
    Sometimes you come across a photo of a setup that just makes you say WTF?

vZA9x-OJfue7kQw843efE3ucWMvJ72-aED4Jfd45S6M.jpg?auto=webp&s=e4b6525f7d8b3a28e19be1c9676b3c46c9f60078
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,275
    Clipdat wrote: »

vZA9x-OJfue7kQw843efE3ucWMvJ72-aED4Jfd45S6M.jpg?auto=webp&s=e4b6525f7d8b3a28e19be1c9676b3c46c9f60078

WTF? where the floorstanders?
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Clipdat wrote: »

This is the exact opposite of my set-up. ;)
    These Polk SDA2's were AWSOME! <3 even though one tweeter doesn't work. I have spares that I haven't rebuilt yet sitting an arms length from me now. The old tweeter is by the back door now. ;) I'll test the one in the cabinet with a meter later this afternoon. :)
    idfcumk5nrdl.png
    jbihzcflg0hk.png
    qb5flrvbtslt.png

These Polk RT2000Ps were also AWSOME! <3 I was VERY impressed with these!
    lb1qv1xe1v6r.png
    5g6w9nyzrqbh.png

They both were bought from a friend to help him out and to aquire these sets at great prices. I remember them sounding just as awesome at his place many years ago before I bought them. I need to make grills for the RT2000Ps. Maybe new tops too.

Here's some speakers that are next in line for testing;
    81k4t840zik2.png
    bk41a57phdzh.png
    lr57ss8ajauf.png
    xlh5edg49zld.png

And I look forward to hearing these RSLs again! I think It's been a couple of years or more since I played these.
    ofvqfwg0242q.png
    dhjzov2yw5at.png
    sxmy0m2uov0e.png

There's a cool Subwoofer under the RSLs I want to hear again also. Under that is a cool corner cabinet with a Wolverine woofer in it. There's spots for a horn mid and a horn tweeter but it looks like they were never installed from the factory if my memory serves me right. I'll probably hook it up too. :p

1) Manage your expectations vis-a-vis those Kabuki loudspeakers :|
    2) Any EV driver labeled "Wolverine" is a "full range" driver, not a woofer per se.
    It would have been a twin-cone driver as built, but it may have been de-whizzered by a previous owner.

1ekpfhkrbiaw.png
    source: http://www.alliedcatalogs.com/html/1961-200/h002.html

Just sayin'.

B)

• CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,594
    I used to have some ADS car audio. Loved it. I've never been able to hear thier home speakers but hope to someday soon.
    They were pretty good. B)

Back in the day, I couldn't even think about affording them -- thus the Polk Audio Monitor Sevens :) Note that Polk's still around. ;)
    I have a pr. of Braun L810s but one of the woofers didn't play. I found out the woofer is fine. The problem is in the cross-over. That was many-many years ago and I'm ALMOST ready to tackle it. ;)
    Tony M wrote: »
    I have a pr. of Braun L810s but one of the woofers didn't play. I found out the woofer is fine. The problem is in the cross-over. That was many-many years ago and I'm ALMOST ready to tackle it. ;)

Sounds like your queue is only a wee bit shorter than mine ;)