aprazer402 Posts: 2,270
    hiradfg1b7h8.jpg

Probably a good idea U-Haul.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,170
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    ynjsnuh2klda.jpg
    hhhmmmm might need a lil more lift.............8gpngqqhxm0d.jpg

Not to mention where to put that spare tire!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • afterburnt wrote: »
    jrsdzrq4zkcw.jpg

Maybe some folks were upset that he contributed to global warming back in 1967 at the Monterey Pop Festival ? 💥
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • aprazer402
    edited December 2020
    audioluvr wrote: »
    ynjsnuh2klda.jpg

Whatever those tires go on, forget a jack, you'll need a crane.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,043
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    zv3tcvjnlcmz.jpg

More welding. Adjustable wrench motor mount.

Looks like this motor is on the ground.

Generator maybe. Pretty clever.
  • aprazer402
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    ynjsnuh2klda.jpg

Whatever those tires go on, forget a jack, you'll need a crane.

Those tires can weigh in excess of 10,000lbs each, if they are anything like the Bridgestone plant here makes. Some of the tires they make here are 25,000lbs. each....
    They can take two weeks to make one.

8359zawk5jov.jpg
    Manufactured by Caterpillar, the 797F, introduced in 2008, is the latest in their range of dump trucks and with an operating weight of 687.5 tons, can carry a 400 ton payload. A 4000 horsepower four stroke diesel engine is used, which also features 20 cylinders, and is air-to-air inter-cooled. With Caterpillar priding themselves on being the only ultra-class haul truck manufacturer to use hydraulic torque converter transmissions, the 797F stands out amongst the other biggest mining dump trucks, that all utilize transmissions which are diesel-electric.
  • Sly Stone with another Teac quad deck.

74ef2y43jvfk.png
  • aprazer402
    edited December 2020
    ^^^^ I recently learned Sly and the Family Stone were a San Francisco area band. I always thought they were East Coast for some reason. I knew they played at Fillmore West and Avalon in the sixties. I saw them in Omaha in Oct. '74, great concert.
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 18,230
    That is very cool Rick.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 180
    Always loved Johnny. My dad passed the same day Johnny did. January 23, 2005
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,065
    Johnny was the best..............
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,184
    edited January 1
    I had a summer job during my college years at a company who built large trailers for oilfield equipment.

When I was there they were finishing up a 32 wheel trailer and were starting to build a much bigger one than that (I don't remember how many wheels it was going to have). Both were going to Alaska.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, B&K 4420 Reference, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 6,722
    topb4bda7vdn.png
    My son was working for a company & they just got bought out by this company. This is his truck
    Randy/Maine .. SDA-CRS+TL-RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,152
    edited January 1
    boston1450 wrote: »
    vos1gs68rlet.jpg

Beautiful Kenworth conventional.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 6,722
    Much better than the cab over i had back in the early 80's. Couldn't sit a cup of coffee on the dog house or you would wear it. Back then i was hauling seafood to NYC Fulton Fish Market down on 2nd Ave 3-4 times a week. Great in tight spots. Then JB Hunt screwed up my backhauls. They hauled stuff so cheap it ran owner operators out of business with grocery chain backhauls. Back to flatbed i went. Nicer people too. Lumber yard & other places were happy to see you VS groc chain receivers who cop'd attitudes
    Randy/Maine .. SDA-CRS+TL-RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • mhardy6647
    Son sent me this photo earlier today with the following comment.
    It's all over

k2e8yhkh914n.png

Yup. AI is a gentle spring zephyr compared to catz with thumbz. :open_mouth:
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 18,230
    What the....!!!
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 1
    Well, polydactyly is oddly common in cats. Thumbs, thankfully, aren't. At least so far.
    :#

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,470
    Randy, I remember the Fulton Fish Market. I did work off and on in that area on John Street close to Pearl from 1976 forward for about 6 years. I ate at Sweets Seafood many times. It was so old it had no air conditioning - just great seafood. All of those things went when the South Street Seaport area was created. There were no people to speak of in the Financial District on the weekends in the late 70's. I think there was only one major hotel and it was on Wall Street.
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia