Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,240
    afterburnt wrote: »
    CH46E wrote: »
    That whole "Mercur" part of the names scares me. Makes me think our moms were unwittingly poisoning us with Mercury!

I think my mom wittingly poisoned me with Mercury when she wasn't entertaining or beating me!

Would that be better or worse than being wittily poisoned?
    Just curious...
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,114
    lost track of the thermometers we opened just to play with the mercury....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 18,379
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Found a pint jar full of it in an old farm house. It was kind of fun to roll a gob of it in your palms.
    You could float stuff on it that would normally sink like a rock.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,175
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Found a pint jar full of it in an old farm house. It was kind of fun to roll a gob of it in your palms.
    You could float stuff on it that would normally sink like a rock.

SOOO.....that's what happened to ya huh ? Explains alot.... :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,114
    Nice pictures thanks that's a walk I've never made.....
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,192
    schwarcw wrote: »
    My last visit to Paris was just six months prior to the tragic fire that could have destroyed the Cathedral. For me these pictures are haunting as it would be the last time I saw Notre Dame in it's original glory.

pki48cxjyurl.jpg

k5tf18p645cb.jpg

y4kmab4an5wp.jpg

krvyi1o4cjo7.jpg

Yes I'm also glad my wife and I got to see it before the fire.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,634
    edited January 28
    Your photo skills are great, superb and best of all....your pictures show SCALE.

Most people zoom in on the subjects and then...others can't tell how big, small, close or far away the subject is. Oh, and some 45* angle shots...make me :# .

Thanks for your 1st class photos. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,460

fpdv2r0j13ig.png
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 18,379
    Great pictures Carl. I bet that was some site to be seen.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,764
    Tony M wrote: »
    Your photo skills are great, superb and best of all....your pictures show SCALE.

Most people zoom in on the subjects and then...others can't tell how big, small, close or far away the subject is. Oh, and some 45* angle shots...make me :# .

@Tony M, you are welcome.

(I hope I'm correct in assuming you are talking about the pictures of Notre Dame I posted above. :) )
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer with Morrow Audios USB cable to DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II; AQ Sky XLRs, McIntosh MC 220 Tube Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave Transport, Innuos Streamer with Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • Tony M
    edited January 29
    Tony M wrote: »

@Tony M, you are welcome.

(I hope I'm correct in assuming you are talking about the pictures of Notre Dame I posted above. :) )

I was. B)

It's rare to see photos that have another aspect besides the primary target.

Shopping on eBay, sometimes a seller will put a coke can beside the item being auctioned for size comparison. I smile inside when I see ads like that.
  • Tony M
    Milito wrote: »
    schwarcw wrote: »
    My last visit to Paris was just six months prior to the tragic fire that could have destroyed the Cathedral. For me these pictures are haunting as it would be the last time I saw Notre Dame in it's original glory.

pki48cxjyurl.jpg

k5tf18p645cb.jpg

y4kmab4an5wp.jpg

krvyi1o4cjo7.jpg

Yes I'm also glad my wife and I got to see it before the fire.

I include you too on taking GREAT photos also. The detail / sharpness is outstanding.

I definitely need a new camera.
  • Tony M
    JayDog wrote: »
    ifaifc63fjop.png

Didn't they practice in that house?

I think in the movie A Hard Days Night, they went to an empty mansion and chilled and practiced there.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 8,130
    I think that was in a town in Illinois.

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,385
    p0gix0azb0ib.jpg

Got me a delivery myself.

Too bad the case has 2 cracks :s