Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,597
    Here’s another...

tsgs2rb4mua4.jpeg
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,293
    y25q37ffsb8m.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,271
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Here’s another...

tsgs2rb4mua4.jpeg

Very beautiful deck, nice job!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,161
    xuystpwmpsmy.png

Here's a photo from the movie The Conversation with the Gene Hackman character using Ampex and Uher tape recorders.

a very cool movie :)
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2020
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Photo from IMDB.com. From a 1969 movie. Since there's a camera along side this could possibly be an early RTR videotape machine? The large knob below the left reel could facilitate editing? Bonus for a cat.

x6np33mcmrsi.jpg

EDIT: Cool stuff here. https://www.rewindmuseum.com/reeltoreelvideo.htm
    That must not be a large knob, apparently the tape path.

Rotating head, like your VHS or Beta VCR :# OK, like mine.

The rotating head VCR (which made possible truly practical videotape recording as we know it) was developed by a small team at Ampex that included Ray Dolby and a fellow named Fred Pfost. I worked for Fred's son for a bit in a past life -- and, at one point, when his son and I were both between gigs for a bit, I met Fred (via his son, that is) at his house in Los Gatos. A very pleasant afternoon with an interesting character.

dtt05rajbcau.png
    https://ethw.org/First-Hand:My_Ten_Years_at_Ampex_and_the_Development_of_the_Video_Recorder
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,015
    Meh. Everyone knows duct tape is the shnizzel!
  • aprazer402
    Come on people!!!! Check out my tape deck!!!!
    Here’s another...

tsgs2rb4mua4.jpeg

I'm guilty!
    o6py212hmwxr.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,638
    I must be tired, I missed it too.

And I studied it a little. Why have a roll of tape in the middle?...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • @mrbiron

Well, I thought it was funny!
  • Tony M
    Come on...2020 is almost over. Our brains are fried! :s
  • aprazer402
    So HI-FI is somewhere between SHARP and SWEET???? Seen on a CL ad for an old pair of Kenwood speakers. The plate at the bottom says it's a 4 Way speaker, these must be the four ways.
    vji7pk25x2ke.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    umm, consider the source... Kenwood speakers...

l7t81zuxteeh.png
  • Tony M
    8rx3fla8ar80.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,993
    xuzhatu61rmt.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,472
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

The rotating head VCR (which made possible truly practical videotape recording as we know it) was developed by a small team at Ampex that included Ray Dolby and a fellow named Fred Pfost. I worked for Fred's son for a bit in a past life -- and, at one point, when his son and I were both between gigs for a bit, I met Fred (via his son, that is) at his house in Los Gatos. A very pleasant afternoon with an interesting character.

dtt05rajbcau.png
    https://ethw.org/First-Hand:My_Ten_Years_at_Ampex_and_the_Development_of_the_Video_Recorder

@mhardy6647,

That thing is kinda small!!
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

dtt05rajbcau.png

@mhardy6647,

That thing is kinda small!!

That's the portable version, of course. You should see the console model ;)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,180
    xuzhatu61rmt.jpg

I knew nobody would get this one... Luke finally made it to Tosche Station to pick up those power converters.

But why does he have a stick of celery pinned to his coat?
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    xuzhatu61rmt.jpg

I knew nobody would get this one... Luke finally made it to Tosche Station to pick up those power converters.

He IS LUKE... :D;)